Animalicious Chat Thread

I hate, hate, hate the Circle of Life when it comes to pets. I hate not knowing what is in their best interest. I hate seeing Haley hobble around, but I hate the thought of letting her go when her spirit is still completely in tact. She is 13.5, has just torn her other cruciate (tore and surgically repaired the other leg about two years ago), and had spondylosis in her back. It's so unfair that they don't live nearly long enough.

Sent from my SM-T310 using PurseForum mobile app

I hate, hate, hate the Circle of Life when it comes to pets. I hate not knowing what is in their best interest. I hate seeing Haley hobble around, but I hate the thought of letting her go when her spirit is still completely in tact. She is 13.5, has just torn her other cruciate (tore and surgically repaired the other leg about two years ago), and had spondylosis in her back. It's so unfair that they don't live nearly long enough.

aww....I know it's hard to see them getting old and not being able to enjoy all the activities they once did. I've always adopted young cats so that I can (hopefully) enjoy many good years with them. (There was one exception - a neighbor's cat that I adopted that was maybe 6 and had medical issues).
I really have a lot of respect for people who adopt older animals. They can be just as lovable in their own way but we know we have less time with them before medical issues and ultimately the end coming.
I guess we could consider birds. They can outlive their people. But then you have to plan for them in your estate planning.

Oh, Miss Meanie...{{{hugs}}} to you both, buzzy. It's the hardest, cr*ppiest part of being a fur-parent. You'll know when it's her time...
Is she eating? Drinking? Is she comfortable?
Sending you many, many prayers and good thoughts...