Animalicious Chat Thread

Only 1 week since Happy's surgery and she is laying comfortably on her bad side! YAY My vet really did a great job fixing someone else's screw up. I am surprised at how well she is recovering. She is leaving the stitches alone, eating, drinking, purring, looking for attention and using the box just like normal. I think I was more traumatized than she was about this whole thing. lolView attachment 3447510
Happy is such a beautiful girl, I love her light brown undercoat and tabby stripes. I hope sweet girl heals super fast :heart:

It's taken nearly 18 mos but I had my first pet sitting emergency yesterday and one of my very first clients will cross the Rainbow Bridge today when his family gets home. Drake is a Boykin Spaniel and started having back issues about 9 months ago. Saturday he was fine, then Sunday morning I could tell he was in pain cuz he was doing his funny walk. By my second visit Sunday he was completely down in back and could only drag his back legs around. His mom had already made the decision that if it got bad again she would put him down. She didn't want him to live in constant pain and she didn't want him to live paralyzed because he is such a high energy dog. I said my goodbyes to him at the vet. He was one of my first clients, who I actually had to visit about four times before I sat for him because his mom was worried he would be too protective of the house. Turned out he was all bark and no bite and I never felt scared of him, even the day we met. He's just exciteable and loud. That house will definitely be missing his energy.
IMG_1473093754.633491.jpg

Oh Buzzy, I'm so sorry for your loss. He was lucky to not only have a great family that loves him but also a great pet sitter to love and care for him. RIP Drake.

It's taken nearly 18 mos but I had my first pet sitting emergency yesterday and one of my very first clients will cross the Rainbow Bridge today when his family gets home. Drake is a Boykin Spaniel and started having back issues about 9 months ago. Saturday he was fine, then Sunday morning I could tell he was in pain cuz he was doing his funny walk. By my second visit Sunday he was completely down in back and could only drag his back legs around. His mom had already made the decision that if it got bad again she would put him down. She didn't want him to live in constant pain and she didn't want him to live paralyzed because he is such a high energy dog. I said my goodbyes to him at the vet. He was one of my first clients, who I actually had to visit about four times before I sat for him because his mom was worried he would be too protective of the house. Turned out he was all bark and no bite and I never felt scared of him, even the day we met. He's just exciteable and loud. That house will definitely be missing his energy.
View attachment 3459298

hugs to you all

Pauley and I are going to the vet today..............I just want to see if there is anything they can do to improve the quality of whatever time he has left. Like Drake's people I don't want to do heroic measures. Besides I think Pauley is way beyond the point where they would be effective. He has already far exceeded their original expectations. As long as he hasn't given up I won't either

@poopsie - Holding good thoughts for both of you. Squalley Pauley, please keep fighting little man!

:hugs:

He is still behind his eyes iykwim. It has been my experience that when they are ready to go they get that vacant, starey look.....almost like they are already seeing into the beyond. His spirit is still willing........it is his wasting flesh that needs help.

back from the vet. Sadly there is nothing they can do for him. So I brought him home and will continue to care for him until the end. Poor old guy :sad:

Oh, Pauley...I'm so sorry, poopsie. It stinks when they get old, I know, but the Squalley one is in the best possible hands. Sends nag you both big, big {{{hugs}}}