Animalicious Chat Thread

Poor Mr Julius. He went to the vet on the 12th for an URI ------- thanks to Keaton who was blessing all and sundry with wet billowing sneezes. While there I mentioned my frustration with medicating him for fleas. The last time I had tried Comfortis I got half a pill down him and the next day he was spotting blood all over the catio. That led to the ER visit and the diagnosis of possible hemorrhagic diarrhea. The month before that he had a huuuuuuuuge yark after I wrestled the Comfortis down him. So the vet agreed that we would discontinue the Comfortis. He put a dose of Cheristin---a topical--- on him. That was Tuesday. The next day I came home to a catio full of little bloody puddles again!!!! GAHHHHHH. He had been fine before that. Yesterday nothing now this afternoon he is spotting a bit again. The common denominator to these incidents is flea treatments. Where is that hair tearing emoticon???? I NEED it back pronto!!!:frown:

Poor little guy is really going through it, isn't he?
There is a topical flea treatment called Advocat here in the UK, suitable for cats allergic to the usual flea treatment. I wonder if your vet has something similar? Hope the sniffles and sneezles clear up soon - how kind of Keaton to share with everyone.

OK I'm seriously considering getting another cat. One of the girls I work with found a beautiful ginger in her yard the other day. She took him to the police to see if he was chipped and he was. Unfortunately when the police went to the address on file they found out that the owner had moved. They are still attempting to find the owners but no luck yet. The police gave the cat to animal control which luckily is a no kill shelter. They have to hold him for 10 days and if no one claims him he'll be put up for adoption. She said that he's the sweetest cat ever and he just strolled up and got cozy with her. And when they were at the police station he was already giving her nose kisses! She'd take him in a heartbeat if it weren't for her dog, who would totally terrorize him.

We had to put our ginger Harry down not that long ago. We have one more cat zorro, he's a bit older now I think 10 or 11. He also has really bad IBS that we haven't been able to resolve. I feel like he's been a little extra needy lately as a only kitty in the house. He's normally a very quiet cat but lately he's a chatty Cathy and wants our attention on demand. My coworker said that she'd get to animal control with me and pick him up with me because she so badly wants him to go to a good home. She feels horrible trying to do the right thing and he ends up at animal control. I don't know much about him but I do know that he's not neutered. I've never had a adult cat that wasn't neutered. Can you guys give me some insight on how that really affects them?

My main concern is could this cause him to be more aggressive to my other guy(who is neutered) especially since he has IBS and I know some animals will pick on others when they know that the other one is sick. As much as I want another cat, I really want a guy who would ultimately be a good friend for my other cat. I know that you don't know how they'll be until they actually meet. But am I over analyzing how a cat not being neutered may affect the dynamics of the relationship between the two? I'm thinking that he might see our cats IBS as his way of marking his territory and then might be inclined to do the same which I don't want for obvious reasons. I'd hate to bring this guy home and it not work out kwim?

Also another factor is if we do take this guy home it won't be until mid month and we go on vacay at the end of the month. I'd also hate to bring him home and then have him boarded for a week. We have to board our other guy because his IBS is that bad. We could probably get a neighbor to come over and feed clean the litter box. But maybe this might be too much alone time so fresh in a new home? Maybe I'm over thinking this. . .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PurseForum mobile app

I wouldn't bring him home without being neutered, but that's just my own opinion. Like adopt him and take him straight to the vet. He may be more aggressive towards your boy, but more likely he will want to mark everything you own.

Cats are more easily independent I think, so it probably wouldn't be a big deal to bring him home and then board him.

Reactions: Candice0985
Thanks for the input Buzzy. That was kind of along the lines of what I was thinking. I've never had any experience with a cat that wasn't neutered. But I was thinking that it could potentially be more problematic having one neutered cat and one not neutered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PurseForum mobile app

I need your prayers or healing thoughts or whatever positive energy you can spare. My cat happy had her leg amputated before I adopted her and it was done badly. Without the gory details we ended up at the e-vet this morning. They are going to fix the amputation by taking the rest of the leg as it should have been done to begin with. But now she is 11 years old. They are going to do bloodwork and take an x-ray tomorrow and if all is well the surgery will be on Tuesday. I know this is the right choice. I really don't have any alternative. But when they started telling me all the things that could go wrong I started to freak out a bit. She is staying tonight and tomorrow night at the vet's. They have around the clock care as they have emergency hours when the regular office is closed. Even knowing she is in good hands I cried all the way home looking at the empty carrier. UGH! I love this sweet girl so much. Please send healing thoughts her way on Tuesday.happy.jpg

I need your prayers or healing thoughts or whatever positive energy you can spare. My cat happy had her leg amputated before I adopted her and it was done badly. Without the gory details we ended up at the e-vet this morning. They are going to fix the amputation by taking the rest of the leg as it should have been done to begin with. But now she is 11 years old. They are going to do bloodwork and take an x-ray tomorrow and if all is well the surgery will be on Tuesday. I know this is the right choice. I really don't have any alternative. But when they started telling me all the things that could go wrong I started to freak out a bit. She is staying tonight and tomorrow night at the vet's. They have around the clock care as they have emergency hours when the regular office is closed. Even knowing she is in good hands I cried all the way home looking at the empty carrier. UGH! I love this sweet girl so much. Please send healing thoughts her way on Tuesday.View attachment 3439850
Sending lots of thoughts and healing prayers to you and Happy.
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I need your prayers or healing thoughts or whatever positive energy you can spare. My cat happy had her leg amputated before I adopted her and it was done badly. Without the gory details we ended up at the e-vet this morning. They are going to fix the amputation by taking the rest of the leg as it should have been done to begin with. But now she is 11 years old. They are going to do bloodwork and take an x-ray tomorrow and if all is well the surgery will be on Tuesday. I know this is the right choice. I really don't have any alternative. But when they started telling me all the things that could go wrong I started to freak out a bit. She is staying tonight and tomorrow night at the vet's. They have around the clock care as they have emergency hours when the regular office is closed. Even knowing she is in good hands I cried all the way home looking at the empty carrier. UGH! I love this sweet girl so much. Please send healing thoughts her way on Tuesday.View attachment 3439850

Sending good thoughts, prayers and white light to Happy. It is absolutely the right thing to do - the only thing to do, really. I know how worried you will be - please keep us updated. {{{hugs}}}

Healing thoughts and prayers headed to you and to Happy.

all the good thoughts and positive prayers for Miss Happy, she is such a sweetie I know things will go perfectly and she'll be even happier after she heals with no further complications!

More prayers and good thoughts being sent for Happy's surgery.

The vet called. Surgery is over and it went well. Hopefully Happy will be back home by this time tomorrow. If they still want to keep an eye on her it will be Thursday. Whew! Waiting for news is the worst. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. They worked!

The vet called. Surgery is over and it went well. Hopefully Happy will be back home by this time tomorrow. If they still want to keep an eye on her it will be Thursday. Whew! Waiting for news is the worst. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. They worked!

Such good news! Continued healing prayers for Happy!

Yay! The waiting is horrible. I'm so glad she is awake and recovering.
:hugs::hugs::hugs: