Angry about Woman who Smoked in Shop

Like Speedy, I'm a smoker and would never think of smoking inside a shop. Especially not a clothes shop! Here in MX, smoking is allowed pretty much everywhere (even common areas in the malls). But I usually stand outside if I feel the need to have a cig.

What a totally rude self absorbed individual, heinous, rude, self-righteous b*tch, inconsiderate, lacks judgement, The nerve of that woman!!

She LIT a cigarette in a store!
Could there be a worse person? :nogood: I bet she beats small dogs and children too. :yes:

I think she should have been dragged out the store by her hair and stoned. :supacool:

What a totally rude self absorbed individual, heinous, rude, self-righteous b*tch, inconsiderate, lacks judgement, The nerve of that woman!!

Could there be a worse person? :nogood: I bet she beats small dogs and children too. :yes:

I think she should have been dragged out the store by her hair and stoned. :supacool:

OMG..... LMAO that was the funniest thing I read on hear.........
I bet she beats small dogs and children too.
:roflmfao:

:roflmfao: wow...your tough

And I guess you were saying this in the nicest possible way? :roflmfao:

Well, by your avatar, I see you are in Germany and I understand the rate of smoking in Germany is very high. I don't know if you are from Germany as well.

While I agree that it is VERY rude that after the SA asked her NOT to smoke, she made those comments, I am guessing she is older and is used to smoking wherever she wants.

In the US, the tide is finally turning against smoking in public. I lived in LA for 8 years and I loved that more and more places were smokefree. I then moved to Chicago and I hated it because they smoked in restaurants still. It took them several years to finally ban it (NO THANKS TO MIKE DITKA) but they finally did. I think eventually it will become illegal to smoke in all public places in the US, which I think will be great. But that makes visits to European countries far less appealing until they follow suit, and that will most likely take many years.

The one thing that amazes me is that with such high rates of smoking in European countries, the cost to society in terms of healthcare. Many places have some form of public healthcare and everyone must absorb the costs of smokers, even if they don't smoke themselves. It's too bad so many people smoke. I have known several people who have emphysema. It is a slow and painful way to die. It can last years. As far as I am concerned smoking will kill you one way or another if you do it. It is just a matter of how and when.
Stepping off soapbox...