An unexpected storm, an unexpected detour, and an unexpected first reveal

rosebud_7

O.G.
Jul 18, 2012
After starting my slide down the slippery orange slope about 6 months ago, one of my favorite parts of TPF is getting to share the joy of everyone's wonderful reveals! *Especially because I have learned that loving everything Hermes is an exercise of patience, timing, perseverance, and a little bit of luck :smile:

I had been in the Chicago area over Christmas visiting family this past week, and unfortunately, had to drive back to New York state this weekend. *Many of you are probably aware that the northeast has been getting hit pretty hard with winter weather lately, and after stalking the weather channel, I thought that I would be following the tail end of this winter mess...

Eventually though, somewhere in Ohio, I caught up to the storm. And when the roads started to look like this:

image-1949442179.jpg

My "partner in crime," Abby Normal, reminded me from the back seat that now was not the time to "be a hero" and try to make the 13 hour drive all at once. It was time for an impromptu overnight stop...

image-65849694.jpg

rosebud_7 said:
Eventually though, somewhere in Ohio, I caught up to the storm. And when the roads started to look like this:

My "partner in crime," Abby Normal, reminded me from the back seat that now was not the time to "be a hero" and try to make the 13 hour drive all at once. It was time for an impromptu overnight stop...

Love Abby Normal! Can wait for the rest of your story.

I had to check around for hotels in the middle of the Ohio Turnpike in the Cleveland area that accepted furry guests. After making a reservation, I then, just out of curiosity, looked to see if Cleveland had an Hermes boutique...and sure enough, H.com said there was! Hey, it was "only" 20 miles out of the way, but I had never been, was curious, and I have four wheel drive (am I officially addicted to Hermes that I would rationalize braving a winter storm, just to take a quick peek inside a new-to-me boutique?)

When I saw online that it was inside a store called Cuff's, I was expecting something similar to a scarf counter inside Neiman Marcus, or a small, alcove like boutique inside a major department store, but as I was driving through the village of Chagrin Falls, covered in snow, still decorated for the holidays, I felt like it would be more appropriate to be seeing the town from the perspective of sipping hot chocolate from a horse drawn carriage, rather than from my car window!

I almost couldn't believe the place when I saw it. I actually drove past it, doing a double take of what I saw! How perfect...THIS is what I always envisioned how a perfect little Hermes boutique would look!

image-3855321496.jpg

This was also Abby's first time really seeing snow, and what was a little adventure, too.

image-1546155235.jpg

Once inside, I walked through the rooms of custom menswear, old fashioned wooden floors creaking with generations of family owned history, air smelling of Hermes eau d'orange vert, and was directed by a lovely young sales associate to the small Hermes room. Now, I didn't have anything particularly in mind I was looking for, I actually like "looking" more than I like "buying," (I could literally spend all day inside Hermes just admiring the colors, leathers, design, and beautiful artistry) and I am kind of on a self imposed ban, and I only had a few minutes because Abby wasn't allowed inside, but WOW. Just...wow.
Being a franchise boutique, and quite off the beaten path, they had some fabulous items! I am nowhere near as good at remembering as much as some of the wonderful "inventory updaters" on here (you are what I can only aspire to be!) but here is what I remember, all just sitting on the shelf, looking for a good home:

Ultra Violet gator constance long wallet (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Black box egee clutch
Another color box egee clutch (it looked like argile, but was on a high shelf)
Violet bolide 31 (Epsom leather I think)
Rouge h swift Berline
White/Cream colored all leather garden party
Tosca/Etain ghw dogon combined wallet (special order) I "almost" walked away with this one!
Dark Green dogon phw combined wallet
Orange dogon compact wallet
Blue, orange, pink azap long wallets
Pegasus (!!!) cadena phw
Phw breloque bag charm
Lime/grey double sens 36(current season color)
Silky pop (Chasse en inde pattern, brown leather)
Silky city
CSMC GM shawl (noir/cassis/violet)
Several other shawls
Lots of clic clacs (wide/medium/narrow)
Lots of rivales/ pavane bracelets
Nice selection of sterling silver rings
Ghw/phw medor scarf rings
Mors scarf ring phw
Bolduc scarf ring phw
Horn/enamel scarf rings
Nice selection of twillys
Lots of enamel bracelets
Vert de Gris cablicol
Pilo pouches (orange, brown)
Leather key cases
Carmens (black, violet, brown, few other colors)
Dog, horse animal charm
Etoupe silk'in compact wallet
Brown (cafe?) Plume
Grey Paris Bombay

To see some items that are either extremely difficult to find, or were released several years go and not reissued, including a few things that i know are grail items to some TPF members, was like seeing unicorns. So very special!

I obviously couldn't walk away without a little something as a reminder of this lovely experience, of course! Is this rationalizing too much? Do I have a...problem? :smile: :smile:

Thank goodness my mom packed some goodies for me before I left the house, because I spent my dinner money for tonight at Hermes!

image-2970587411.jpg

So here we sit, in the middle of Ohio, in a hotel room.

image-2202782438.jpg

image-3153831337.jpg