An unexpected storm, an unexpected detour, and an unexpected first reveal

SO neat to hear of another person on tPF with Cleveland in them. I went to CWRU/CIM myself and lived in Little Italy for 2 years and Coventry for 3 (and worked at NOrdstrom at Beachwood Place Mall for 4 of those yrs). Chagrin Falls is such a treasure - a little hamlet out of another time and place. I miss it.

Hi Hermezzy.

You must have spent a lot of time at Severance Hall if you were at CIM. I try to make at least 6 performances a year. You must be a creative person.

When I first moved to Cleveland I lived in Coventry also, but that was over 20 years ago..dating myself here. If you come back, Nordies got a very large makeover, you would be happy to see it.

Glad you love Chagrin Falls, it remains very quaint and a true gem. If you come back to visit, let me know. :smile:

So glad that Cuffs made your journey worth it, and that my incredible hometown of Chagrin Falls brought some cheer to your snowy travels. Rodger and Zach are two of the finest guys in the business!

Along with the many who have shared their delight with your story and Miss Abby, I have relished every word. And the twilly is fabulous. I bet Abby loves menthe--maybe a bow on her collar? I am glad you are safe and thank you for the story.

What a GREAT story, thanks for sharing...a lovely reveal & great pics of Abby Normal & snowy scene. Enjoy your menthe karo (I am still looking for something in this color) & Astrologie twilly! Glad you made it back home safely. :smile: Next time I'm in the Cleveland area, I've gotta remember to stop by Cuffs :smile:

I had to check around for hotels in the middle of the Ohio Turnpike in the Cleveland area that accepted furry guests. After making a reservation, I then, just out of curiosity, looked to see if Cleveland had an Hermes boutique...and sure enough, H.com said there was! Hey, it was "only" 20 miles out of the way, but I had never been, was curious, and I have four wheel drive (am I officially addicted to Hermes that I would rationalize braving a winter storm, just to take a quick peek inside a new-to-me boutique?)

When I saw online that it was inside a store called Cuff's, I was expecting something similar to a scarf counter inside Neiman Marcus, or a small, alcove like boutique inside a major department store, but as I was driving through the village of Chagrin Falls, covered in snow, still decorated for the holidays, I felt like it would be more appropriate to be seeing the town from the perspective of sipping hot chocolate from a horse drawn carriage, rather than from my car window!

I almost couldn't believe the place when I saw it. I actually drove past it, doing a double take of what I saw! How perfect...THIS is what I always envisioned how a perfect little Hermes boutique would look!

View attachment 2001036

This was also Abby's first time really seeing snow, and what was a little adventure, too.

View attachment 2001037

this is an incredibly heart warming story! you are making me want to check this boutique out, how quaint it looks from the outside! thank you for sharing your story rosebud!

I don't know how I missed this thread but it was a nice surprise to find it. What a wonderful side trip you made in the midst of the storm and thanks for sharing your story. The photo of Cuffs and Hermes makes me think of something from a story book like Dicken's 'A Christmas Story'. Your recall is amazing given the short time you were in the store. I guess that being a franchise store, they don't have to adhere to the stupid H policy of non leather goods shipping ?? I must give them a call to find out what they have.

Your sidekick buddy is surely adorable and it is all nice not to be traveling alone.

Oh my goodness! I can't believe how many of you left such sweet messages for Abby and me :smile: I obviously would have replied MUCH sooner, but we were finishing up the drive from Ohio back to NY today, and as much of a multitasker I claim to be, driving in the snow and playing on TPF don't exactly mix!

Thank you all for such nice comments! I am glad you enjoyed reading about my visit to Cuffs as much as I liked sharing with you :smile:

Abby Normal is a great sidekick! For those of you who asked what breed she is, she's not a poodle or poodle mix, but actually a Puli (aka Hungarian sheep dog aka "mop dog"). She's fully grown, but her hair has not started to cord yet (she's a little over a year old, so its still getting rid of the last of that puppy fluff) but she is 25 pounds of bouncy, roly-poly fun...who loves to run in circles, snuggle on blankets, and does very well riding in the car! Will definitely post more pictures of her...as she really is the star of the show :smile::smile:

And please everyone be safe driving out there! The roads were quite dicey today still, and while yes, the trip to Chagrin Falls and Hermes was a bright spot in the drive, it was still a long trip! Have a Happy New Year everyone, and thank you again for letting me share my story! More adventures to come in the new year!

Ladybaga said:
You are a great story teller! I was hanging on to your every word and picture!! What a magical experience and a souvenir to boot! You never know what you will find when you venture off of your scheduled path. Be safe on the roads and enjoy the New Year! Is your sweet pup a poodle? I grew up with a black poodle in the 70's that looked like Abby Normal, so seeing her brought back great memories. Thank you for sharing your story and your beautiful twilly. (Oh, love your menthe Karo. That really is a fresh, beautiful green!)

This!! I felt I was listening to a fairy tale LOL! Your twilly is gorgeous :love:

And OMFG a silver Pegasus! I would've fainted, a gold pegasus is my current HG (not exactly a rare item, but I don't want to risk buying from a reseller)

A very sweet reveal!! The twillies are beautiful and meaningful.
Like you, I usually purchase an item of some sort to remember places I visit for the first time.
I'm glad you made it safely home, and Happy New Year!

What a wonderful Christmas story! Mostly, I am glad that you and Abby are safe and sound! but also happy that your adventurous spirit resulted in a such a happy outcome! Love your twilly and karo! Thanks for sharing the info about Cuffs.