An eBay seller had the nerve to email me to ask why I didn't bid on her item!

Well there's no excuse for her curt wording, but I want to say that it is kind of annoying if a buyer asks questions like they are hellbent on buying your item (one person sent me no less than 15 emails [!!] asked for extra pictures, etc) which I cheerfully provided. She also asked me to end the auction for her. I said please be super sure you want this before I do that (end the auction). Then 12 hours or more later, she sends a pretty breezy, "there were two browns with the same name made in that season and I want the one that is lighter." OK that is not even true ( I checked it out in the reference library), but I thought it was such a waste of time for her to act like it was just exactly what she was looking for and would I end the auction for her!
:yahoo: Vent, vent. In your case, I would just say (if anything -- maybe you don't even need to reply if you don't want to, but I like the personal touch about Evilbay if nothing else), "sorry I ultimately decided it was not the purse for me." I don't think she meant harm, probably just curious as to why you didn't bid...