Amina Muaddi

mrsirrgang

Nov 11, 2019
Georgia
Thanks lady! I will check, but it also pisses me off that their site is more expensive! lol Did you find that the glass was TTS, or bigger than normal?
Yes.
They are TTS, I wear a 39.5 in Loubs/Manolo's & that's what I ordered in the Amina's.

I think the pumps are the ones that run big :/ (begum)

Reactions: nat_nour_nat

mrsirrgang

Nov 11, 2019
Georgia
Has anyone tried the WD40 trick? I have read to wipe the inside and outside of a clear plastic shoe with WD40 to help with the fogging but I hesitate. I also read to apply anti-perspirant to your foot! Insights??
Omg Marissa, I noticed the other day scrolling through tagged photos that they fog and that is so ugly to me.

amag520

Nerdy Fashionista
Oct 30, 2011
USA
The game to find these are insane! You have to constantly check sites and refresh often. I got the Holi sling back from Nordstrom this summer, one Begum from Saks, one Begum from Selfridges, and the rainbow Ami pump from My Theresa. I found the glass Rosie sling back at Nordstrom and purchased immediately, about two weeks ago and I just got the order cancellation notification this weekend and I am SO bummed. I really wanted to find the glass shoe in the Rosie or Begum in a 39. Let me know if there are any sites I'm missing lol
I use ShopStyle and you can turn notifications on for certain searches/styles. They aren't perfect, but they get close enough that I've been able to place orders for 4 different AM pairs. They scan sites like Nordstrom, BG, FWRD by Elyse Walker, Intermix, mytheresa, therealreal, etc.

Getting the shoes shipped after placing order another story...one pair I finally got a "we are processing your order" and the other three pairs are still listed as backordered. :shrugs:

Marissa Birdi Styling

Marissa Birdi Styling Group Dallas, TX
Aug 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
www.marissabirdi.com
Omg Marissa, I noticed the other day scrolling through tagged photos that they fog and that is so ugly to me.
I'm going to try it IF i ever get a chance to wear them!!
I have one Louboutin that is closed toe with a very small pvc piece- wore in Vegas and yes, they did fog. It's far less offensive in that pair but if it's a whole shoe, no, that's not the look!!!

amag520

Nerdy Fashionista
Oct 30, 2011
USA
Well...I was so excited to have been able to order four pairs via BG...but I just the cancellation notice for the purple pvc begum slingback. Back on the hunt for 36 or 36.5. Still waiting on the begum pump and brygit!

nat_nour_nat

Nov 6, 2018
I found a glass Rosie on BG and quickly got it! And then I got scared I would get another cancellation, so I also bought a last 39 I saw on the Webster. Waiting to see what I’ll get, confident that I’ve totally lost the plot.

amag520

Nerdy Fashionista
Oct 30, 2011
USA
I found a glass Rosie on BG and quickly got it! And then I got scared I would get another cancellation, so I also bought a last 39 I saw on the Webster. Waiting to see what I’ll get, confident that I’ve totally lost the plot.
I'm in your position! I'm spontaneously buying my size (36 or 36.5) when I see them right now and hoping at least a couple of the shoes ship...At least all the websites have easy return policies and my card isn't charged until they finally ship. I found the purple pvc begums on Ssense after I got the BG cancellation and they already issued a tracking number (but they don't appear in Canada Post's hands yet) so I'll believe it all when they shoes start showing up.

Reactions: nat_nour_nat

nat_nour_nat

Nov 6, 2018
I'm in your position! I'm spontaneously buying my size (36 or 36.5) when I see them right now and hoping at least a couple of the shoes ship...At least all the websites have easy return policies and my card isn't charged until they finally ship. I found the purple pvc begums on Ssense after I got the BG cancellation and they already issued a tracking number (but they don't appear in Canada Post's hands yet) so I'll believe it all when they shoes start showing up.
I hope you get them! Try The Webster too, they seem to have stock popping in and out.

Reactions: amag520

amag520

Nerdy Fashionista
Oct 30, 2011
USA
None of my BG orders have come in yet, but the purple pvc begum slingback pair from SSense arrived! I'm typically a 36-37 in CL and Choo, so based on the recommendations in this thread I ordered a 36. The shoe itself feels like the right size, but the slingback strap feels a little long on the right side. I'm going to try to get the strap shorted, but generally I think they look fun so I'll keep.

Still waiting on the clear pump and brygit from BG!

Attachments