Amina Muaddi

Has anyone tried the WD40 trick? I have read to wipe the inside and outside of a clear plastic shoe with WD40 to help with the fogging but I hesitate. I also read to apply anti-perspirant to your foot! Insights??

The game to find these are insane! You have to constantly check sites and refresh often. I got the Holi sling back from Nordstrom this summer, one Begum from Saks, one Begum from Selfridges, and the rainbow Ami pump from My Theresa. I found the glass Rosie sling back at Nordstrom and purchased immediately, about two weeks ago and I just got the order cancellation notification this weekend and I am SO bummed. I really wanted to find the glass shoe in the Rosie or Begum in a 39. Let me know if there are any sites I'm missing lol

I use ShopStyle and you can turn notifications on for certain searches/styles. They aren't perfect, but they get close enough that I've been able to place orders for 4 different AM pairs. They scan sites like Nordstrom, BG, FWRD by Elyse Walker, Intermix, mytheresa, therealreal, etc.

Getting the shoes shipped after placing order another story...one pair I finally got a "we are processing your order" and the other three pairs are still listed as backordered. :shrugs:

Omg Marissa, I noticed the other day scrolling through tagged photos that they fog and that is so ugly to me.
I'm going to try it IF i ever get a chance to wear them!!
I have one Louboutin that is closed toe with a very small pvc piece- wore in Vegas and yes, they did fog. It's far less offensive in that pair but if it's a whole shoe, no, that's not the look!!!

Well...I was so excited to have been able to order four pairs via BG...but I just the cancellation notice for the purple pvc begum slingback. Back on the hunt for 36 or 36.5. Still waiting on the begum pump and brygit!

I found a glass Rosie on BG and quickly got it! And then I got scared I would get another cancellation, so I also bought a last 39 I saw on the Webster. Waiting to see what I’ll get, confident that I’ve totally lost the plot.

I found a glass Rosie on BG and quickly got it! And then I got scared I would get another cancellation, so I also bought a last 39 I saw on the Webster. Waiting to see what I’ll get, confident that I’ve totally lost the plot.

I'm in your position! I'm spontaneously buying my size (36 or 36.5) when I see them right now and hoping at least a couple of the shoes ship...At least all the websites have easy return policies and my card isn't charged until they finally ship. I found the purple pvc begums on Ssense after I got the BG cancellation and they already issued a tracking number (but they don't appear in Canada Post's hands yet) so I'll believe it all when they shoes start showing up.

Reactions: malbec_bleu
I'm in your position! I'm spontaneously buying my size (36 or 36.5) when I see them right now and hoping at least a couple of the shoes ship...At least all the websites have easy return policies and my card isn't charged until they finally ship. I found the purple pvc begums on Ssense after I got the BG cancellation and they already issued a tracking number (but they don't appear in Canada Post's hands yet) so I'll believe it all when they shoes start showing up.
I hope you get them! Try The Webster too, they seem to have stock popping in and out.

Reactions: NerdyFashionista
None of my BG orders have come in yet, but the purple pvc begum slingback pair from SSense arrived! I'm typically a 36-37 in CL and Choo, so based on the recommendations in this thread I ordered a 36. The shoe itself feels like the right size, but the slingback strap feels a little long on the right side. I'm going to try to get the strap shorted, but generally I think they look fun so I'll keep.

Still waiting on the clear pump and brygit from BG!

Attachments

• IMG_2375.JPG
    IMG_2375.JPG
    548.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2377.JPG
    IMG_2377.JPG
    560.4 KB · Views: 101