American Idol Scandal...

Well, now that the public has foolishly voted off AJ, who had the best voice, in my opinion, I was thinking I would have to root for Chris, but somebody seems to have "talked to" him and told him to try not to be funny, which I know must be nearly impossible for him, he has appeared to me from his original audition to be a born comedian, and whatever his American Idol fate, I truly believe that is where his future lies.

So it is hard to root for a repressed Chris, although I really liked him dedicating his song last week to his wife, that was very sweet, but my heart is just not in boy's night anymore.

I guess in the interest of full disclosure I have yet to understand why they didn't just stop the whole thing when LaKisha walked into the audition room, and spend the show budget on getting her a bunch of fabulous costumes and interview coaching, ballroom dancing, whatever polishing she may need. I don't think there is anything anybody can tell her about singing. Just go ahead and book her on tour with Miss Patti LaBelle and let them do a showstopper duet at the end of every set...