AMAZON PRIME—— What are you watching?

Expats…if you love Nicole Kidman then you’ll like this. I’m sort of tired watching her being cast in the same role of the neurotic mother/wife who is absent in her own life. Very unlikeable characters, while I think it was the intent, I feel like something was missing. Very s l o w.
I agree!! While I loved seeing Hong Kong, the dialogue and story was so slow and the characters were sad and miserable. The three women at the center of the story (all from America) never embraced the city and hated their lives there. It was too depressing for me 😢

Reactions: baghagg and limom
Expats…if you love Nicole Kidman then you’ll like this. I’m sort of tired watching her being cast in the same role of the neurotic mother/wife who is absent in her own life. Very unlikeable characters, while I think it was the intent, I feel like something was missing. Very s l o w.

Yeah, I tried it and couldn’t hang. Too slow for me

I agree!! While I loved seeing Hong Kong, the dialogue and story was so slow and the characters were sad and miserable. The three women at the center of the story (all from America) never embraced the city and hated their lives there. It was too depressing for me 😢
Agree with these assessments, and would add that there wasn't a light hearted moment in the whole series, and that having to read texts I couldn't quite see and translations to keep up with the story line really made me lose interest. Too much work/not entertainment imo

Reactions: limom
Trying to turn around the car in the street :amazed:……
I wonder if they finally got help from the producers? It looked pretty stuck to me. I was getting anxious watching them go back and forth. I will compliment them for not getting mad and yelling at each other tho.

Oh sorry this is on the wrong thread... please move to "What tv show are you watching now?" thread.

Last edited:
I wonder if they finally got help from the producers? It looked pretty stuck to me. I was getting anxious watching them go back and forth. I will compliment them for not getting mad and yelling at each other tho.

Oh sorry this is on the wrong thread... please move to "What tv show are you watching now?" thread.
I can’t see the producers helping them, it would seem unfair to the other teams…but it’s so hard to tell really how it went or how long it really took with all the editing…

Reactions: limom