Amazing picture of Maine Coast

Ah yes it would be nice to live there but NO shopping anywhere nearby lol. Boons!!! In the winter it's 20 below...not much snow as it's near the coast but most of Maine gets BURIED under tons of snow.

Twinklette said:
Ah yes it would be nice to live there but NO shopping anywhere nearby lol. Boons!!! In the winter it's 20 below...not much snow as it's near the coast but most of Maine gets BURIED under tons of snow.

my bf and i went to boothbay harbor in may. it was beautiful and so peaceful, but you're right no shopping! everything (even the restaurants) closed at 8:00 the sunday before memorial day! i'm used to ny where things are open til whenever...total shock. but yeah, it was so pretty there. i heard that portland has a little bit more stuff to do...maybe next time we go we'll stay in portland.

I love that area! Mountains and ocean - a perfect combo - but you are right...no great shopping nearby lol!! Where I live it's l/2 to a mall either north or south and that's as far as I want to be! Glad you had fun

I don't mind no shopping but most people do. What I DO mind is not being able to swim! I love the ocean and in Maine the coast is extremely rocky - there are a few beach areas like Ogonquit and Old Orchard Beach, but the water is still chillllllyyy! I thought Hampton Beach was cold lol. It can't touch Maine's ocean!

Gorgeous photo!! Nice house, too. :yes:

Did you make it to Geddy's Pub in Bar Harbor????? I used to waitress there during summers when I was going to college in Orono, ME at UMO. I loved it -- loved Maine!

There is honestly no other place on earth like Maine -- I graduated HS in northern Maine (talk about the middle of nowhere... in driver's ed we even had to drive 30 miles to another town to practice with their one stoplight at the only intersection. :rolleyes: ) and went to college in Orono. Definitely no shopping around but so much else to do. You have to like winter sports a lot - LOL! Summer is beautiful -- all 3 weeks of it.

Wow - great picture. I was actually in York Beach over the 4th of July and yes the water was freezing! I remember staying in that water for hours when I was little - now I didn't make it more than 5 minutes and only up to my knees!