Amazing picture of Maine Coast

Twinklette

Over*the*Rainbow
Feb 22, 2006
DH and I vacationed in Maine last week and this was one of the pics he took! Can you imagine living in that house and having that view every day This house is actually part of Acadia National Park - there are some residences on the park even though it's federally owned...talk about privacy!

enjoy!

maine.jpg

Yes we had a great time! LOL --> DH and I were saying to each other when looking at these houses "where did we go wrong"? It's amazing how some people live...I hope they know how fortunate they are!

Oh and this is just a SUMMER HOME lol.

I adore all of the towns on Mt. Desert Island and Acadia National Park too. The lobster bisque at the Jordan Pond House in the park is the best anywhere. I hope you got to have some, and if not, do try it next time you're there.

Coco! No we didn't make it into the Jordan Pond house, though it's gorgeous there. I love the carriage house across the street! I will definitely do the bisque next time around :smile: We will be going back for sure as the hiking and scenery is breathtaking!

Maryl it's soooo beautiful, Maine. Very rugged coastline - granite! Oh and the water is FREEZING. 50 degrees even in the dead of summer - there was one beach in the park called Sand Beach but not many people were swimming lol!