Am I weird that I don't want to share my clothing?

No, i would not share my clothes with other ppl as well.
I feel uncomfortable when sharing my personal stuff...u know clothings/shoes/handbags/accessories....m i too picky?

No its not weird at all.. i'm just lucky that i only have one girl friend that wears my size.. well only in dresses. I will let her borrow every once in awhile cause i know she doesn't shop as much as me... but the thing is.. i wont let her wash anything. I'm almost afraid she'll try to hand wash something or throw it in the washer when it says dry clean only...

I agree with everyone else. I don't like to share my clothing, purses, shoes, sunglasses, etc. The times I have lent something from my closet, I never got it back. Over the years, I've learned to never lend something that I don't mind giving away.

oh I HATE lending clothes to people. I used to not mind at all..infact I found it flattering that people liked my style/clothes so much they wanted to borrow them. But people definitely started taking advantage and I had tons of sorority sisters just taking things without asking...it just got to be so annoying..and then they would take forever to return things without washing/dry cleaning. Sisters would even be in my room (with my roommates) and they would see a pair of shoes or something and then just take them without asking because they just assumed it was alright! I don't care how generous I am..I still want people to ASK for permission!!! It makes me SO MAD how inconsiderate people can be! But in the grand scheme of things, these people are my close friends so I let it go then but now, I'm definitely not letting people borrow stuff.

One girl even RUINED my red satin stiletto peep toe pumps..I'm so upset about those because they were practically new and I never got to wear them. I mean they only cost me $50 from DSW, but still..that is money wasted because I can never wear those shoes again.

This upcoming school year I am living with the same people but I am putting my foot down about people borrowing things, ESPECIALLY my expensive clothing.

I got burned about 20 years ago. I lent a friend's sister a white formal gown and matching fabric shoes. She got the shoes muddy and took it upon herself to SHOEPOLISH them!!!!! What?????!!!!!!! I vowed at that moment to NEVER loan ANYTHING ever again! I personally don't think people take care of things as well if they didn't pay for it! And they certainly don't want to pay for something that they don't have (meaning they won't replace it if they ruin or lose it).

I'm really happy i'm not alone in this feeling. Sometimes its super hard to say no to my friend though. Funny I started this thread yesterday, just last night my friend told me i'm the only person she knows who won't let her borrow anything. For some reason that kind of made me peeved that she said that.

Agreed with lilflobowl, there's nothing wrong with not wanting to share. I personally don't like sharing my things only because i know that a lot of people are reckless with their belongings and won't take care of my things properly. I once lent my friend my jeans and another pair of pants and they both came back with holes and stains. I prefer not to share unless, it's desperately needed .. like a sweater if someone forgot it.

I don't like sharing my things either. I always put my shoes away after I've worn them to prevent them from being scratche and they get a regular polish. My handbags can look brand new after I've had them for 3 years+ as they get put back in the sleeper bag after each use. Yes I'm slightly ocd about looking after my things. Clothings the same.

Lending bags or buying pre owned bags puts me off as I look after my things (my bags never see the floor or a make-up bag) but other people don't feel the same,. to them its just a bag, so what if it goes on the floor or make-up spills in it. Sorry that's not for me.

The only person I will let near my goodies is my Mam.

this reminds me of another thread here.
the answer is just say NO to your friend :smile: i don't share my clothes or my shoes.. unless it's an emergency and even then i don't share my expensive clothes and shoes. totally acceptable. they are YOURS :smile:

A lot of my wardrobe is pretty expensive (I spend more on my clothes than on handbags) so I would never lend them out to my friends. I would if I have a lot more cheaper clothes. Fortunately almost all my friends don't take the same size as me. Sometimes I share my clothes with my older sister but if she likes something I have and the boutique has another one in the same size, she'll buy it anyways.

Besides I was burned before when I shared one of my books to an ex-good friend of mine. It was a rare limited edition book (it's out of print and can't be found anywhere anymore) that costed me a lot of money to acquire and she refused to give it back to me. I confronted her and she told me she's planning on keeping it saying the book is hers since I lend it to her. I had a feeling she sold it to a rare book collector. That's why we're not friends - I learned the hard way.

i don't like sharing anything :P my sister is always asking to borrow my stuff, but we aren't even the same size! the few times i've let her borrow clothes, they come back all stretched out, and with accessories she always wants to keep them. i don't like when people touch my belongings or get mad if i say they can't borrow them, but i think it's fine for someone to not want to lend their stuff out. i never lend things out now, and i never ask to borrow anything either. so it's fair IMO.