Am I The Only One Who....

some more questions:

am i the only one whos like walked around thier home in cl's and like pajamas just because they wanted to wear them but had nowhere in particular to go lol?

am i the only one who has lost sleep over a shoe related issue? :shame:

Yes and yes

I have also lost sleep over OTHER PEOPLE's shoe related issues (you know who you are ;) )

I have also lost sleep over OTHER PEOPLE's shoe related issues (you know who you are ;) )

e-hem! YOU'RE not the ONLY ONE!
mk21.gif

1- Not on purpose... my first pair were too big. i still have them and still love them... but i can't wear them :sad: tried padding, etc.

2- Totally agree. It shouldn't be done.

3- I was so upset when I got vibrams put on my CLs and the cobbler wrote my details inside the box </3
i didn't say anything... she'd think i was weird! I've only got 2 pairs, both with boxes - phew!

4.) You're not alone! Since i'm a student (poor) by SO always questions my purchases...
5.) I only allow myself to buy shoes when I have some spare $$$ in the bank. i'm planning a trip to the USA in july so don't know if i'll be able to buy any shoes between now. (unless a DIY strass comes along...)

6. My SO will often come home to find me doing the dishes, watching tv etc in pjs and CLs :P

7. I have too. But only a couple of times

8) I've never bought second hand shoes - but i don't think i'd have a problem with it - as long as they've only been worn a couple of times. I want the shoes to mold to the shape of MY feet :smile:

Last edited:
1-am i the only one who has bought a shoe that wasnt their size because they loved it so much!?
Absolutely not... I have bought (and subsequently sold) many a pair of Louboutin...

2-am i the only one who thinks tights with open toed shoes looks weird?
It depends on the shoe and tight

3-am i the only who religiously saves and maintains thier cl boxes and gets a little irritated when they buy a pair of shoes that doesnt come with one?
I keep all my boxes, bags, tissue, receipts, bows from NAP....shall I go on....

My question:

Am I the only one that tend to shy away from purchasing most used shoes?

i never have and never will buy used shoes.
only exception: nude biancas because I NEED THEM THIS SECOND.
but i'd prob sterilize them and ruin them..

some more questions:

am i the only one whos like walked around thier home in cl's and like pajamas just because they wanted to wear them but had nowhere in particular to go lol?

i do that all the time! i walk around with JUST cls on!!

am i the only one who has lost sleep over a shoe related issue? :shame:

i've lost sleep over wanting a certain pair of shoes..

Last edited:
am i the only one who has lost sleep over a shoe related issue? : NO your not the only one....WOWZA's so it happens to everyone?!!! hehe.

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS SHOE DREAMS? LIKE CL'S EVERY WHERE IN MY DREAM... DREAMING OF BUYING 15 PAIRS AT ONCE???????

1-am i the only one who has bought a shoe that wasnt their size because they loved it so much!?
If i KNOW they wont fit then i'll convince myself to pass. If i havent tried on the style before then i might be tempted to give them a go!

I think some people can pull off this look but personally, its not a look i would chose for myself.

3-am i the only who religiously saves and maintains thier cl boxes and gets a little irritated when they buy a pair of shoes that doesnt come with one?
HAHA! I am obsessed with my shoes being in boxes & with a dustbag. This is so silly to say but sometimes, i can be put off buying a pair if they dont have a box.

4-Am I the only one whose SO critiques her CL collection?(SO says you don't need more shoes...you could buy XYZ for that price etc?)
NOPE!!!! DF doesnt see the point in having expensive shoes in my closet that i dont wear ... he may have a point though but i love them!

5-Am I the only one who was saving $/planning to drop a significant amount on the CL Fall 2010 collection and realizing "oh bl33p, I should probably use my $ more wisely"? I calculated how much it would cost for all of the shoes on my shopping list, around $20K, and it sounded really ludicrous to me and now I feel like I need to re-prioritize things
I only want one pair (so far) from the fall collection so i think i'm safe. We are buying our first house at the end of the year so i think thats enough to keep me focused ......... honest!

6 -Am i the only one whos like walked around thier home in cl's and like pajamas just because they wanted to wear them but had nowhere in particular to go lol?
Oh no way!! I mostly play with my shoes when i'm in my PJ's!

7-Am i the only one who has lost sleep over a shoe related issue?
I have only lost sleep from being EXCITED!!!!! Oh and certain lovelies keeping me up a little later talking about a pair they want, hehehe! :P

Last edited:
1. I have 2 or 3 pairs from my early days as a CL freak that are half to a full size too big but can work with pads. I don't buy wrong sized CLs any more - I want perfection!

2. Personally I can't do tights with open toed shoes but I have seen ladies that can rock that look.

3. I do prefer my CLs to come in boxes and it bugs me that I have 2 pairs of unboxed shoes - but it won't stop me buying a pair I want LOL

4. SO thinks my shoe collection is ridiculous and points it out at regular intervals LOL

5. I try not to add up what my collection is worth. The way I look at it it's not just about the shoes - it's about all the fun had and friendships made whilst acquiring them.

6. I don't have a problem with pre-loved shoes. I consider that someone has done the painful breaking in wears for me!

7. CLs and PJs, not a look for me but I will get my shoes out of their boxes and try them on/play if I have nowhere particular to go in them.

8. I haven't lost sleep over a shoe related issue - but I have been awake early with butterflies wanting to know results of an overnight snipe.

Yes, all the time. I like to play around in my shoe closet every once in a while and just try them on and admire them.

am i the only one who has lost sleep over a shoe related issue?

I would say lost sleep but definitely have fallen asleep thinking about shoes. Many times.

From babysweetums:

1-am i the only one who has bought a shoe that wasn't their size because they loved it so much!?

Not yet...but I have to admit I'd buy one of the Barbie Biancas in a hot minute if I had the option--just to look at. :shame:

It took me a couple of years from when this started showing up on the runway, but I don't mind it now. I prefer them with shoes in this style rather than pumps, though.

3-am i the only who religiously saves and maintains their cl boxes and gets a little irritated when they buy a pair of shoes that doesn't come with one?

I prefer to have them, yeah.

From PANda:

1.) Am I the only one whose SO critiques her CL collection?(SO says you don't need more shoes...you could buy XYZ for that price etc?)

NO. However, my DH has hobbies with comparable cost, so we have a kind of detente going. :ninja:

2.) Am I the only one who was saving $/planning to drop a significant amount on the CL Fall 2010 collection and realizing "oh bl33p, I should probably use my $ more wisely"? I calculated how much it would cost for all of the shoes on my shopping list, around $20K, and it sounded really ludicrous to me and now I feel like I need to re-prioritize things.

I "wish" for far more than I ever get, and I'm fine with that. Usually how it goes with me is I say, "I want that and that and that and that..." and I make a HUGE list...and then I slowly weed it down as the OOOH SHINY factor wears off and I figure out which ones I really want. :biggrin:

From Jimmy:

I don't mind used shoes for things that are out of season and otherwise hard to find. If it's current season or there's an option to buy BNIB vs. Used, I'll go with the new, even if I have to pay more.

Babysweetums, pt 2:

Nope. I do it more and more. :whistle:

am i the only one who has lost sleep over a shoe related issue?

I dreamt about CLs CONSTANTLY for the first month after I found TPF.

am i the only one who constantly looks at the bottom of other girls shoes on the street expecting to see red?

I look, but I actually expect to not see red. I think I'd be shocked if I ever did! :biggrin: