Am I The Only One Who....

babysweetums

louisvuittonroad
O.G.
Nov 27, 2009
New York City
Hello, ladies this idea is either really smart or really dumb but im taking a chance here =)
I constantly ask myself if i am the only who does certain things and sometimes im dying to ask others opinions but i dont know where to post, this is a thread where we can ask all types of opinion questions...i'll start =)

1-am i the only one who has bought a shoe that wasnt their size because they loved it so much!?

2-am i the only one who thinks tights with open toed shoes looks weird?

3-am i the only who religiously saves and maintains thier cl boxes and gets a little irritated when they buy a pair of shoes that doesnt come with one?

mal

Addict
O.G.
Jan 26, 2009
Metro Detroit
1. I don't cuz I've always been sorry in the past- I like a perfect fit!
2. generally I agree!
3. it upsets me if there is even tape or creases on my CL boxes; I have switched tops at the store to have a perfect one :P

MichelleD

O.G.
Mar 25, 2008
1 - nope. I have a pair of Bloody Mary's that are 1.5 sizes too big that I need to sell. I bought knowing full well that they were my size. *stupid, I know*

2 - nope, looks bizarre to me too.

3 - nope I feel the same way.

Kindred spirits....:hugs:

flashy.stems

Hermès Hottie
Jun 17, 2009
Canada
1. no. i buy shoes that aren't my size all the time because i really want them and i hate waiting. i make it work with padding, insoles or professional stretching.

2. i agree that tights look weird with open-toed shoes SOMETIMES, but sometimes i don't mind it as much and i have no idea why..

3. i will never buy a pair of Louboutins that does not come with a box. and i keep them in pristine condition.. i hate when places (SAKS!!) gives me beaten up boxes.. urkes me.

carlinha

O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
1. no i've bought too big and too small shoes cuz they were the only ones i could find and i couldn't bear not to have them. made them work with padding or stretching.
2. agree
3. agree... same goes for dustbags

sobe2009

L-O-V-E
O.G.
Mar 18, 2009
Florida
1) I have bought too big, but I am considering selling them, it's driving me a little nuts the extra room. But on boots, I like the extra room.
2) Open shoes and tights, don't seem to match at all. I really never like it. They don't make sense in a way
3) I actually haven't bought certain pairs because they come without a box.

Good post Baby!!!

PANda_USC

Pastries + Purses + Puppies + Play = Happy Panda
O.G.
Aug 5, 2009
San Francisco
1.) haven't done that yet but I have definitely been confused by CL sizing..and sometimes a shoe fits in the store..then stretches after one wear and then my heel pops out. I thought I could wear a 38 in my nude new simple 120s but they're too big and putting a petal on the bottom makes my heel pop out more.

2.) I usually don't like tights with open-toe shoes but seeing patterned tights on the Marchesa runway with open toe shoes made me change my mind! Lovely open-toe winter booties with tights, ^_^

3.) I have saved all of my CL boxes and I've never purchased a pair that didn't have its box. I like storing them in their boxes, hehehe.

New questions!

1.) Am I the only one whose SO critiques her CL collection?(SO says you don't need more shoes...you could buy XYZ for that price etc?)

2.) Am I the only one who was saving $/planning to drop a significant amount on the CL Fall 2010 collection and realizing "oh bl33p, I should probably use my $ more wisely"? I calculated how much it would cost for all of the shoes on my shopping list, around $20K, and it sounded really ludicrous to me and now I feel like I need to re-prioritize things

Last edited:

rdgldy

Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 18, 2006
NYC/LI
1. I will no longer buy CLs that don't fit-it really isn't worth it to me if I am falling out of or dying in my shoes.
2. I like tights with very specific CLs only.
3. I prefer getting the box, but can certainly survive without it for a fabulous pair of shoes, like my pilots, among others.

Aug 25, 2006
1. I have one pair that are about a 1 size to 1/2 size too big, but I stuffed them with foot petals and they work great on days that I need to stand a lot. I find the shoes that I stretched to fit are never comfortable for long periods even though they may fit like a glove, they hurt once my feet swell throughout the day.
2. I like fishnets with open toes shoes, but not tights.
3. I keep/have all my boxes. But I am not really all that concerned whether I have the box or not, unless I think that I might sell them one day.

flashy.stems

Hermès Hottie
Jun 17, 2009
Canada
Panda's Qs

1. sadly i can't agree to this one. my dbf loves my shoes and will drop lots of $$ on more for me. (example: he stayed longer on our winter vacation this year (7 days longer than me) so he bought me 7 new pairs of Louboutins to make up for it.. actually i got an extra pair.. so 8

2. i've added up my complete wishlist (not yet posted in sig) and i do think i'm a little nuts, but i never consider spending the money on anything more practical :smile: hehe.

bfali

O.G.
Oct 24, 2008
1-NO- I have shoes that are soo small and too large. My first pair were too small as I hadn't quite figured out the Louboutin sizing yet (and I still wear them!!)

2-NO- it looks totally weird. Wear closed-toed shoes.

3-NO- and not only for Louboutins- for any designer shoes- Manolos, Prada, etc. They all must be perfectly maintained in the boxes in their appropriate places.

1.) NO- my SO critiques EVERYTHING I buy- esp. shoes. I'm grateful that I'm finally getting him to see the value in Chanel bags.

2.) Yes & No- I try not to add up the numbers or I get overwhelmed. LOL. I just buy one thing at a time and then move on to the next!!

babysweetums

louisvuittonroad
O.G.
Nov 27, 2009
New York City
pandas..
1+ just about everyone in my life besides you girls tells me not to buy anymore shoes....even though they are probably right heehee
2+yessssssssss i have like 5 pairs picked out already that i dont even know the names yet but im already saving!!

moshi_moshi

OMG Shoez!
Jun 18, 2007
NJ/PA
1. i definitely have...but in the end i will more than likely end up getting rid of them for something else

2. i may be alone on this one but depending on the style/outfit i like certain open toed shoes with tights..... but it really does depend on the the outfit/look

3. i HATE when it doesnt come with a box, box is messed up, dustbags missing...... etc.

Apr 15, 2007
I prefer to buy shoes that fit on my foot, however, I have bought many

pairs of shoes that were too beautiful to pass up and knowing that more likely

than not ,will never put them on.. just recently bought a pair of purple alligator

shoes with a higher heel than I usually wear, but had to have them..