Am I the first guy to post on thia forum...??

WoW.. I should have connected my husband with you. Your GF is such a lucky girl.

Does your GF like cute little bag or Big? If she likes petite size bag, I would suggest you buy FIRST.
And as for the color, Black has always been the classic color. But if you want something different than black, you can get Anthracite which close to Black. I have Antracity myself and I love the color and style of the bag. I did not choose First since it's just too small for me. Especially when I go with my kids.
Or another natural color that I would suggest is Sandstone. The leather on Sandstone is so thick & smooth. Plus this color will match perfect with your GF's dress style.

As for the $$$, is that in US$ or AUS$? You might want to check out Aloha Rag or BalNY. They're willing to ship internationally.

Let us know what you finally get her.

I wear skinny jeans & t's alot and am 21 and I looove my vert d'eau first :yes: and I just ordered a sandstone city. I would suggest aquamarine (aka cobalt), vert d'eau (aka seagreen or mint) or sandstone in the first or city style. Those are the colors I am attracted to most.

I have heard the leather on the Bleu Glacier is very veiny/marbled & dry. I originally wanted that color in a city, but was turned off by this - so if you're unable to see the bag IRL, I might steer clear of this color =(

Hi Wooju,

What a nice bf you are! Color choices are SO individual, I suggest that you talk to Cult Status and let them know that you're buying it as a gift and ask for some kind of return provision so that if your gf would actually prefer another color they'd be okay with an exchange within a certain number of days.

Good luck!

What a sweetie you are. I think the perfect bag would be an aquamarine. It went with every single pair of jeans I have and it also looks great with summer colors. White capris and a turquoise shirt it's gorgeous. Sandstone is incredibly beautiful and it will go with anything. It's a gorgeous neutral. If you go with aqua tell them you want one with lots of color and brightly colored, less veiny. Some are gorgeous, others not quite so pretty. I think a City, Twiggy or First would be perfect. However, the First is small and doesn't hold much so it depends on if she likes small bags or mid size bags. You can never go wrong with a City. It's perfect.

Wow! You've done your homework. I'm impressed! The girls here have given you great advice. It's summer, I'd go with Aqua in a First or a City depending on what size bag she usually prefers. And make sure there's atleast a good exchange/return policy. Good luck!

Wow! You've done your homework. I'm impressed! The girls here have given you great advice. It's summer, I'd go with Aqua in a First or a City depending on what size bag she usually prefers. And make sure there's atleast a good exchange/return policy. Good luck!

Of course, it's almost winter in Australia, right? Either way both turquoise and sandstone are beautiful. The brightly colored vert gazon (grass green) and french blue are also striking colors.

Wow, i thought my honee was good, you just might beat him by one tiny step Because you did research on the bags and you know the colors by name.

I'm petite. I ended up with the city. I think it's a perfect medium size bag.

I use to love small bags but in the recent years I like the mid size bags more because I can fit more into them. I think i've gone into the next phase in terms of bag preferences.

THe smaller bags (IE: the first) are definately better for a night out - drinking- or an 8 hour shopping day at the mall because it won't get in the way and risk someone bumping into the bag. I already have plenty of small bags. Given that, if i had to choose one all over again, i would pick the city. IT's good for work and can carry me into the evening fine dining hours. It's goes with sneakers for the weekends or shoes for work days.

You know her style best to assess what phase she's in. I hope you post pictures of her reaction and THE BAG.

:nuts:You just doing the research alone is awesome, she's so lucky to have someone like you who has great taste in bags! I sure hope your GF appreciate you, I know I would. Get her a first, she'll love it!:yes:

hi wooju! i live in AUS as well and i would suggest that you dont get balenciaga from Cult Status as they marked up the price quite a lot (the city size was AUSD 1946, which is approx. USD 1620), while you can get the city in the States for about USD 1200 (somebody correct me if i'm wrong :confused1:).

I ordered a Vert Gazon in City originally from Cult Status, but after doing my research in the authenticate this thread, i decided to buy my vert gazon on ebay. I got a weekender and it ended up costing less in AUD than the city in Cult status!

So definitely get it either from Aloha Rag / LVR.. or Ebay. Good luck with your search and please tell us how it went.. i, for one would love to know ;)

The city that they have in cobalt is aquamarine and I agree with powderpuff i think its a lovely colour to match with jeans etc and looks great all year round! I say go for the cobalt city and for your information the argille giant hobo is another name for sandstone! Good luck!

I have a 07 Blue Glacier City as well as other blues: 07 aquamarine (cobalt), 06 blue india, 06 ink, 05 tuquoise, 05 teal, 03 blue. Your choice of Blue Glacier is a very wise and safe one – it is a shade that can look warm or cool, depending on the outfit. Other blues are either too warm (a lot of yellow) or too cool (more red). My Blue Glacier City is quite veiny too, but the leather is not dry or crackly. I love veiny – gives the bag character. Since you are looking for a bag that is different from other bags, the veiny look just adds to that departure.

As for size, the City is a good one, even for petite girls, but the First would also be great! You should try ordering from Aloha Rag – they give free shipping and under-declare the value of the bag *significantly* so you don't have to pay the full amount in tax when it arrives.

Thanks everyone for your generous advice and support and thank you lebagfairy for the pictures~ I think I have passed the initiation for the Bbag geek community based on your generous compliments :yahoo:

Based on everyone's advice I've decided to get a city for my girlfriend - as i think it looks good for a petite person as well as being practical for her uses such as shopping/work/university~

The color choice however, is still a complicated matter~ my gf is quite conservative in nature and likes the color blue so i've kept glacier on the list (despite it's apparent "veiny-ness") as well as black (staple color), vert d'eau (cute color) sandstone (very nice leather). Although I'm still unsure of what I'll get (I just need to get it before the 11th of May) I decided not to worry too much since any color I don't end up getting will inevitably end up in my gf's hands over the coming months (not surprising since she's a shopaholic who sends me daily emails with a picture of a Fendi/Chanel/Bal with a caption which normally reads something like "yum yum for my arm":yes: )

I support my gf's obsession for bags/shoes etc. because I think it's these obsessions in life which make our lives fun and saves us from the daily grind... I usually obsess over cars and I remember posting on a car forum a few years ago about different color shades on cars before purchasing one... I spent a few weeks looking a photos and swatches and contemplating the differences of le mans blue/avus blue/topaz blue/midnight blue... to most people it all looks the same- but to people (like us) who love paying attention to detail thats all that matters :smile:... so my girlfriend and I share each others' obsessions~ ladies if you want your men obsessing with you over the differences between ink and navy on a bbag~ then obsess with them about their hobbies:smile:!!

The prices which I quoted from cult status is Australian dollars~ and thanks to your advice I've contacted aloharag for pricing info- since I may as well save money on it so that I can buy something else in addition to the Bal~ One question I have about Aloharag is regarding the undervaluing for lower import tax... do you have to specifically request it or do they just do it for you automatically?

Thanks again everyone for the great amount of information~ will keep you posted on what I end up getting her~

Cheers,

-wooju

p.s sorry marie1ollie... no siblings that I know of :smile: