Am I creating a monster?

I have a son....and I think that I spoil him in certain ways but not all...

I think that as long as theres balance, it is ok that you dress your daughter in designers...its what you can afford and what you persoanlly like..so I dont see wrong in it.

But if you have the focus on things "Designer" and tend to spend for quantity not quality, give her a sense of "buying feels good" mentality...then it is bad for her in the long run.

My son loves games....so I tell him "do you want your game or these jeans....Im not rich here....you have to choose one..."....And I show him that although I have LVs...I go to to payless and walmart for bargains....I also say..."I would have alot more in savings if I didnt carry these darn expensive bags"...and "I could get those same shoes in the other mall for half price!!"...

I try to show him different aspects...and try to be a level headed role model, thats all.

I do the same thing, outfits from Bluemarine, Cavali, Armani, babydior, D&G and the cutest shoes from Gucci and BV.. i think since i'm wearing designer brands, my daughters deserve the same as well!!

Personally, I'd be more proud if my daughter recognized famous symphonies or works of art than brand names. It's just my personal opinion that 7 is too young to be into designer anything.

No, I don't think that you are creating a monster - but I do think it is important that you teach your daughter how lucky you and your family are for being able to afford such nice things and let her know that there are a lot of other families who cannot even afford clothes.

Let her know that she should appreciate what she has. Also, try and teach her a work ethic.

Personally, I'd be more proud if my daughter recognized famous symphonies or works of art than brand names. It's just my personal opinion that 7 is too young to be into designer anything.

I agree with you 100%. :yes:

I personally will not dress my kids in designer things until they are at least high school. I think as a parent it will be my responsiblity to ensure that my children care more about art, history, music, community service, and their future. I just recently started experience designer things. I think I was in the 8th grade when I got my first pair of Tommy Hilfiger shoes and I thought those were the most amazing things EVER (and I bought them at Marshall's). I never knew about Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Coach, or even Dooney until last year! And I'm 21!!!! But since I was about 10 I could talk about masterpieces in literature, music, and art for hours. I think there is more in life outside of desinger items and as a parent those vaules should be established.