am i crazy to get shoes 2 sizes too big for me - but only one available?!??

I know its tough, but you'll be much happier down the road if you wait until the shoe is perfect (that includes the fit---with minor adjustments). This shoe doesn't sound like it's for you.

i usually take one size larger to fit in some nice warm long socks or woolies. but two sizes up might effect how the boots look on you overall. even with thick paddings?

Personally, I hate when shoes are even 1/2 a size too big for me. I've bought them and tried to make them work, but I never end up wearing them. Two sizes is a lot; you could probably stick a whole finger or two between your heel and the shoe. I would advise against it. You'll find them in your size someday, if it was meant to be!

ITA with Laureen. :yes::tup:

Personally, I hate when shoes are even 1/2 a size too big for me. I've bought them and tried to make them work, but I never end up wearing them. Two sizes is a lot; you could probably stick a whole finger or two between your heel and the shoe. I would advise against it. You'll find them in your size someday, if it was meant to be!

I totally agree, that seems like they will make you sad not happy!

Just interested, would you say a whole finger between your heel and the shoe is one size too big? Odd qu but valid reason for asking!

yes i agree with everyone on this thread... i will wait to find a pair in my size, or at the most 1/2 size larger... patience is NOT my virtue though!!! hahahaaa

lady vee - yes i think one fingerbreath between heel and shoe is a size too big...

Call me crazy, but I think you can go a lot bigger with boots, so if I wanted them I would go for it! Also I feel CL boots run really small...

yes i do think boots would have more lee-way, as there's no way it's gonna slip from your foot!! plus in the winter, i always wear thick socks anyway... i really have no idea how CL boots fit, never owned one or tried one on before... well, i guess we shall see...