am i crazy to get shoes 2 sizes too big for me - but only one available?!??

carlinha

O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
so i completely missed the boat on these boots, and now i've found them - only problem is that they are 2 sizes too big :crybaby:... do i get them hoping i can wear super thick socks, padding/stuffing etc??? this may be the only opportunity left to find these boots ever again!

what would you do??

Personally, I hate when shoes are even 1/2 a size too big for me. I've bought them and tried to make them work, but I never end up wearing them. Two sizes is a lot; you could probably stick a whole finger or two between your heel and the shoe. I would advise against it. You'll find them in your size someday, if it was meant to be!

Although in theory socks and padding could work I believe that even if you love them I think 2 sizes too big will drive you mad with your feet sliding around inside, which boots are they BTW? I think you won't get the enjoyment out of wearing them as they will just start to annoy you IMO, plus it's alot of money for something that so much the wrong size.

the ariella clou

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

anyone know where i can still get these then?? or impossible? i want them in the black, not the other colors

Attachments

• 1419_1.JPG
    1419_1.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 5,907
Personally, I hate when shoes are even 1/2 a size too big for me. I've bought them and tried to make them work, but I never end up wearing them. Two sizes is a lot; you could probably stick a whole finger or two between your heel and the shoe. I would advise against it. You'll find them in your size someday, if it was meant to be!

I agree.
You don't want to have shoes that much bigger than your foot. I'm sure the boots are gorgeous but won't 2 sizes too big look too large on your frame? :shrugs:

I think we can all relate with the frustration when you can't find your right size, but the great thing about CL's is that most likely you will want a different pair in a week! :lol:

yes, that's a bit crazy. even with thick socks, they will still be too big and you will never wear them. they won't be comfortable, they will always look too big on you. be patient and check eBay frequently for your size.

Don't do it! Just a half size up drives me insane especially since they'll most likely stretch and be even bigger! Keep looking for your proper size, you'll be so glad that you didn't waste your money.

The Ariella Clou runs incredibly small, so if you're counting "2 sizes too big" as covering 2 half sizes above your usual CL size, that would be about right for this shoe (e.g. a 36 taking a 37 in that shoe, or even 37.5 and wear them with thick socks). If, however, what you mean is going up 2 *full* sizes (36 to 38), that would be too big.

Be patient!!! I've been tempted to hang onto "too-big-CLs" before, and eventually I've found the exact shoe I'm looking for in my size.

Try to do a "save this search" on Ebay ... you really will find what you want if you can wait!

Well I think those boots run small so are they two sizes bigger than your CL size? or US size?

2 WHOLE sizes too big for my US size (36.5 to 38.5), but if these do run small, then it might only technically be a size too big.

but thanks everyone for the advice... i know what you mean, i should just wait patiently, and if it is meant to be, the opportunity will come up, in the right size.