Am I a bag snob?

It seems like when ever I've been in the Coach Boutique in Copley in Boston - I've seen someone carrying LV shopping there. They may be buying for someone else but none-the-less they are buying Coach.

The last woman I saw there, carrrying LV, was shopping for a watch for herself. She was going on a tropical vacation and wanted a pink watch.

I'm going to be the black sheep here. :smile:

I LOVE COACH!

I couldn't care less if a dozen other people are carrying the same handbag in a room as me, I couldn't care less how expensive they are. I like what I like and I don't hold one "designer" above any other. I'm a college student and I am soooo much more satisfied spending $200 on a handbag and having the other $400 to spend on other things, or even just saving, than I would be spending $600 on any one single bag.
CoachKatie, you rock! :choochoo: I saw your post in the Coach forum and had to come over here to check out what you said. I am so glad I did!! :tender:

I still like them, I am a collector for everything I own (I do not trade my bags/personal items for anything)... the only time Coach will lose me as a customer is the time their stuff is "Made in China"... I absolutely do not do shoes, bags and leathers "Made in China"!

(Not against Chinese or anything, I am part chinese... but I have toured their shoe factory; quality control is number one issue and child labor/corrupt business practice is number two.)

The made in China question is one I've been thinking about more and more - not just with a particular brand but anything I buy. We've done enough bad things to the environment in this country but I have the impression that western Countries are doing more in general to regulate the effect manufacturing has on the environment. :shrugs: There is still a long way to go - so if I buy or don't buy a bag does it make a difference to anyone but me and my bank account?

I don't think you are a bag snob, its just you have moved on up to bigger and better handbag collection. I passed on my other bags, like dooney, coach, saks misc purchases to my younger sister who is 16 and she thought she died and went to heaven.

Hi, I think it is just how your taste progresses as you grow older. While I like D & B and Coach bags, they are mostly worn by teenagers here too, or girls in their early 20's. I became a Louis Vuitton snob somewhere in my mid-20's and now I can't go back!

Ditto. The only people that find doing so offensive are people who probably like those brands, but I see nothing wrong with having preferences.
I keep an open mind and don't get too caught up in brand names, but for the most part there's a style and design that I prefer and it's usually not reflected by certain brands.

There are no Black Sheep here at TPF unless you buy fakes. I used to love Coach too and there is absolutely nothing wrong with Coach bags. I just haven't found any that I really wanted to buy in quite a while. My taste and Coach designs just seems to have gone in different directions. If I found a bag that I loved and it happened to be Coach I would definitely buy it. I look through the catalogs when they come hoping I find something I really like (it would definitely be cheaper than a new Chloe) but it just hasn't happened in a while. I still have quite a few Coach leather bags in my closet that I love and one beach bag that I will never give up. Everyone has different tastes, likes and dislikes. That's what makes this board so much fun, you get to see bags you might never have seen before and hear other peoples opinions of them. If you are a true handbag addict there is nothing more fun than learning about a new brand of bag. I guess I am a bag nerd because that's how I like to spend my time. :P I love this site.

I LOVE COACH!

I couldn't care less if a dozen other people are carrying the same handbag in a room as me, I couldn't care less how expensive they are. I like what I like and I don't hold one "designer" above any other. I'm a college student and I am soooo much more satisfied spending $200 on a handbag and having the other $400 to spend on other things, or even just saving, than I would be spending $600 on any one single bag.

I LOVE COACH!

CoachKatie - I could not have said it better myself. I *totally* agree with everything you said. You totally rock! :jammin:

I love Coach as well, and I don't see Coach as only for the younger crowd. I'm a 32 year old engineer, and I always have and always will love Coach. :yes:

Our tastes in everything are constantly evolving and that is as it should be - I have seen major changes over the years in my clothes, my furniture, my jewelry and of course my handbags - Just go with what you like and enjoy, don't overthink it.

YES, you are turning into a bag snob, like probably many of the people (including myself) here ARE. You may have been one already, considering how you're wording your post, it's just that the social climate changed and so does your taste in bags. It's nothing to be ashamed of really.

I'm definately a bag snob and I'm ok with that. There are certain brands I just won't carry, and thats my choice since I'm spending my money.
You don't have to feel bad about liking certain brands, your not saying anthing bad about people who do like those brands, it's just not for you!