All thing about special order.

Mi_Lan

Mar 2, 2010
I searched the Dior forum but can't find a specific thread about Dior Special order. So here I start a new thread about special order information for who wants a custom Dior bag.

Some info I have so far about special oder:

Dior only accept special order on exotic skin such as Python, ostrich, Croc ect...lizard is not a part of special orders from 2011.

Price for special order is vary depend on the type of skin, normally 30% higher than the one being selling in boutique.

Special order takes from 2 months up to 6 months.

Special order Dior bag will have an metal plaque inside the bag indicates it is an special order. You also can ask Dior monogram your name in this plaque and/or outside of the Dior charm leather.

You can choose color of the Dior charm in gold, platinum, crystal or even diamond:graucho:

Special order bag will come with a black satin dust bag, not the white one.

Not all the Dior boutique provide special order service. Pls share info about which Boutique has this service if you know.

Finally, pls do share photos of Special Order Dior here.

Last edited:
Here is another Special order Medium Croc in fuchsia pink with platinum HW, it belong to a VIP client but the SA showed me yesterday. It's so bright IRL and beautiful.... Priced at 35.000$ :love::love:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1369285864.555144.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1369285875.284393.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1369285896.366676.jpg

It is next to a small Diorisimo neon pink. Both colors are beautiful but I personally prefer the Fuchsia over the neon pink...

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1369285920.283390.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mollylope
I searched the Dior forum but can't find a specific thread about Dior Special order. So here I start a new thread about special order information for who wants a custom Dior bag.

Some info I have so far about special oder:

Dior only accept special order on exotic skin such as Python, ostrich, Croc ect...lizard is not a part of special orders from 2011.

Price for special order is vary depend on the type of skin, normally 30% higher than the one being selling in boutique.

Special order takes from 2 months up to 6 months.

Special order Dior bag will have an metal plaque inside the bag indicates it is an special order. You also can ask Dior monogram your name in this plaque and/or outside of the Dior charm leather.

You can choose color of the Dior charm in gold, platinum, crystal or even diamond:graucho:

Special order bag will come with a black satin dust bag, not the white one.

Not all the Dior boutique provide special order service. Pls share info about which Boutique has this service if you know.

Finally, pls do share photos of Special Order Dior here.
Python is not available for Made-to-order or Special Order anymore ....

You have to make the difference between Made-to-Order and Special Order :
- Made-to-Order : you order a handbag in a colour that have already been produced or which is available in the Made-to-Order catalogue. You can choose the color of the charms and add your name on the plaque inside and initials on the leather part behind the charms. Price is the same. Takes at least 6 month ... up to 9 months
- Special Order : something that have never been made yet or with a special combinaison of colours/skins. This need to be approved by the studio and price is on quote only (usually 1.5 times higher)

Python is not available for Made-to-order or Special Order anymore ....

You have to make the difference between Made-to-Order and Special Order :
- Made-to-Order : you order a handbag in a colour that have already been produced or which is available in the Made-to-Order catalogue. You can choose the color of the charms and add your name on the plaque inside and initials on the leather part behind the charms. Price is the same. Takes at least 6 month ... up to 9 months
- Special Order : something that have never been made yet or with a special combinaison of colours/skins. This need to be approved by the studio and price is on quote only (usually 1.5 times higher)

Thank you so much for your info! Silly me, I even didn't know that special order and made to order are two completely different things in Dior's world. I have been around with Heremes so much. They only has the term "special order", so this info is really useful for me who just start with Dior since last month.

Why Python is not available for special order or made to order anymore? I can understand Lizard because Hermes also stop making lizard in big size bags due to lack of leather, but python is not that rare...

Last edited:
This is what i got from an SA from Saks

Dior Made to Order Handbags are produced in Python, Ostrich, and Crocodile (Matte or Shiny) Only.

Python Handbags start at $8,000 and Crocodile Handbags start at $25,000. They can be made in the following styles:

1.Lady Dior
2.Diorissimo (Ostrich &Crocodile Only)
3.Granville Tote
4. Granville Polochon

They are available in a wide array of colors and with 3 charm finishes. The estimate for each MTO piece is provided by Paris after the client uses the Made to Order book to select her finishes (Skin type, Charms, Color, Monogram, etc) and submits an order request form through your dior SA
PS.The current completion timeline is 12 months from request approval. 50% deposit is required.

My requirement has been sent to Dior Paris by my wonderful SA . I asked if I still can order a Lizard medium in pink fuchsia ( same as Laurayuki's bag), and the answer was YES for Lizard skin. My SA just called me and conrfimed this. Dior Paris said they don't make lizard bag for sale in store from now on but still make it via custom order. The waiting time is 12 months. I Still wait for them confirm if they accept the color pink fuchsia.

My requirement has been sent to Dior Paris by my wonderful SA . I asked if I still can order a Lizard medium in pink fuchsia ( same as Laurayuki's bag), and the answer was YES for Lizard skin. My SA just called me and conrfimed this. Dior Paris said they don't make lizard bag for sale in store from now on but still make it via custom order. The waiting time is 12 months. I Still wait for them confirm if they accept the color pink fuchsia.
How exciting!

really o0o my god. Im so excited to hear this. Im actually having a hard time to decide too. I am too scare to get a python it too delicate. And for ostrich i didnt see any colors. and the price is a little bit out of my budget. So how much is the medium lizard now??

I hope they say yes! The fuchsia lizard is truly exceptional!

really o0o my god. Im so excited to hear this. Im actually having a hard time to decide too. I am too scare to get a python it too delicate. And for ostrich i didnt see any colors. and the price is a little bit out of my budget. So how much is the medium lizard now??

It is such a beautiful piece ! In UK, it is £4,700 ImageUploadedByPurseForum1369476345.786667.jpg

That will be a stunning bag! I can't wait to see your reveal of it after it's made up! :love: