ALL Minneapolis Residents Please Check in!!!!

shoo, so relieved your friend survived a horrifying near death experience!!

MSP'ers and beyond my prayers and hugs to all of you in re-connecting with family and friends in the area. I'm crying as I write this.

Roo I hear you on how this is ANOTHER eerie wakeup call for our treacherous stretch of freeway in Seattle that is pushing 70 in age and pathetically unable to withstand much of anything mother nature has in store for us. ouch.

Here's something weird for you all... since I get paid to (over)analyze things, check this out:

Date of collapse: 8/1 8+1= 9
Time of collapse: 6:05 6+5= 11

I'll take off my tinfoil hat now :ninja:

night night all

Checking in, I live in uptown and on Wed afternoons I come from my parents in the northern metro so I take that way. Normally I'm in the area by 6 but because traffic has been sucking I wait longer but I was on the freeway when it happened. My friend had just dropped off her son and BF at the game, she had just gotten over the bridge and was about a mile away when it collapsed :crybaby:

I travel that stretch of road everytime I go to the University or to visit my daughter who lives right off of University and 4th Ave. :sad:

Thankfully she was out of the cities when it collapsed and I had no need to go the University yesterday.

It is so devistating to watch and makes you heart sink for those who did have to travel that road the time of the collapse. They are saying only 4 fatalities but to expect that number to go higher because they are unable to check under the rubble in the River.

Its a sad sad time in Minnesota. :crybaby:So devistating. Please pray for all of those who were on that road yesterday.

Here's something weird for you all... since I get paid to (over)analyze things, check this out:

Date of collapse: 8/1 8+1= 9
Time of collapse: 6:05 6+5= 11

I'll take off my tinfoil hat now :ninja:

night night all
must you do such things Roo!! ohmygoodness :sad:

This is just so horrible...there are really no words!! It makes me realize once again how fragile life is...and how thankful we should be every day just to wake up!! No matter how bad things are in our lives...each day is still a gift! I am so glad that all of our Minneapolis PFers are all right...