Alicia Vikander

I’ve just seen Submergence.
It was very interesting.

Great acting and beautifully filmed.
I have seen it too,
it was indeed beautifully directed but as much as I love Alicia and James' acting, it is not a good film. Why do they have to make such complicated and brainy love stories? I'm not saying it has it be dumb, but the political and scientific stakes are smothering the romance here. If filmakers want to make a power full love story, they don't have to over justify everybodys'commitment, intelligence, internal struggle.... The dialogues were the worst, especially between Dany and James. When you meet someone and you fall in love, do you really talk like that??? ..and for +/- 4 days! You can't make the audience feel any chemistry with those interactions! Such a waste on two wonderful actors!

I have seen it too,
it was indeed beautifully directed but as much as I love Alicia and James' acting, it is not a good film. Why do they have to make such complicated and brainy love stories? I'm not saying it has it be dumb, but the political and scientific stakes are smothering the romance here. If filmakers want to make a power full love story, they don't have to over justify everybodys'commitment, intelligence, internal struggle.... The dialogues were the worst, especially between Dany and James. When you meet someone and you fall in love, do you really talk like that??? ..and for +/- 4 days! You can't make the audience feel any chemistry with those interactions! Such a waste on two wonderful actors!

Not me fave film either.
But A & J were good.

;)

Reactions: readingnook
I don't think these pics have been posted here
DfvB3XiXUAc-iKH

DfvB3XlWkAEo75R

src
So cute!

^ Yes,it's a good conversation,and she goes into more detail on some topics discussed in her last Vogue profile.

I've also seen these ones:
Decf9ZuWAAE7np0

Decf9OXXcAE4uzO

Decf9jzWkAAHaEI

Decf9EmX4AAH7Hs

According to this article she auditioned in late 2010. I suppose this was her first test screening for an English-language film. I knew she auditioned with Felicity Jones and Riley Keough when they were considering lesser-known/foreign actresses for the role, but I didn't know this:
Five’ll get you ten that she came to the attention of casting directors during the hunt for “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo,” although her name was never mentioned publicly.
Funnily enough,she was offered the role in the new one.

Last edited:
That would be nice : )
In her Telegraph interview she says she wants a family and likes the idea of being part of something bigger than oneself.
I think Alicia is very open to what might come next, what the next adventure is that life might bring.
However I hope she stays pretty active in acting.
I have really grown to become a fan of hers. I just like the way she seems to live her life. She seems content and not caught up in vapidity of the business.

That would be nice : )
In her Telegraph interview she says she wants a family and likes the idea of being part of something bigger than oneself.
I think Alicia is very open to what might come next, what the next adventure is that life might bring.
However I hope she stays pretty active in acting.
I think she's the type of woman that would stay active even with 2 or 3 kids!
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Michael would be the one spending more time raising the kids while Alicia is busy acting/producing etc. I think they would be that type of really progressive parents. :amuse:

Reactions: Morgane
Here’s an article/interview with Alicia for TR. I’m not sure why she’s still doing press on it. In other news, Earthquake Bird just wrapped so hopefully we will see her reappear soon!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...omb-raiders-alicia-vikander-lara-12888697.amp
Probably because it was a solid movie and Alicia really made the character her own despite the task of filling Angelina’s shoes.
Not only did she succeed she made you kinda forget the others. They were very different films.
So some may still want to continue celebrating that achievement.

Here’s an article/interview with Alicia for TR. I’m not sure why she’s still doing press on it. In other news, Earthquake Bird just wrapped so hopefully we will see her reappear soon!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...omb-raiders-alicia-vikander-lara-12888697.amp
It's for the DVD release. :smile: And apparently the quality of the 4K Blu-ray disc is very good. I see that it's doing very well in streaming purchases,I'd be curious to see other numbers for the ancillary revenues in one,two months.

Probably because it was a solid movie and Alicia really made the character her own despite the task of filling Angelina’s shoes.
Not only did she succeed she made you kinda forget the others. They were very different films.
So some may still want to continue celebrating that achievement.
She was really playing a completely different version of the character,but I absolutely agree. She did a fantastic job with a very physical performance.

I don't know if these pics were posted:

tumblr_p8f1xaghHO1wv3sryo1_1280.png

Dct_hWZX0AEuwOi

tumblr_inline_p8h9wxJbjN1v2l2r0_500.gif

:lol:

Tomb Raider set
tumblr_p83zed7shn1wv3sryo1_1280.jpg