Alicia Vikander

Thanks for the link

On her flawless skin
"For events I do use make-up but normally I don't. I might use a bit of eyebrow pencil and a lipstick but nothing else. I think it's one of the things I've been very lucky with. Because I don't use much make-up I do find it fun to try things. I have my little skincare routine - I do masks and a peel two or three times a week."

On no-make-up make-up

"At the beginning, I guess because I don't use make-up normally, it was very difficult and you need to work with someone who understands how to use make-up so that it still feels like it's you. And for a lot of press events it's like non make-up make-up so that I don't look like I'm wearing it but I also don't look like a ghost!"

On packing light
"I'm getting more and more sparse with clothes. I'm actually pretty good at travelling light now. I still have three bags but it's because I like to have things divided and know where things are. So I have one for shoes and then clothes it's like two pairs of jeans, two T-shirts, two dresses, all in black - very Scandinavian and Swedish! It's just easy."

On her dream role (and Egyptian mythology)
"All the parts I've enjoyed playing the most I didn't know about until they appeared, or it was something I read and fell in love with. I was so excited at the Abu Dhabi Louvre because as a kid I was obsessed with Egyptian mythology and I saw the statue of Ramesses II. I read Ramesses books when I was like 10, I loved it. Cleopatra is one of the historical characters that I find very interesting and read about her a lot... so maybe her."

On accessorising
"Jewellery is a way of making a very simple outfit something you can wear to go out. You gather throughout the years things that even if they aren't valuable they mean something to you and have a story behind them, which makes my outfits maybe a bit more personal, when normally I keep things pretty simple."

On working with a stylist
"I now work with Victoria [Sekrier] who is incredible and we were really just friends first. I was at a dinner with the girlfriend that introduced us to one another a few years back and I had done all my styling until then, and I actually had good relationships with brands because I used to do the weird thing of calling up the fashion houses and saying, "Oh I'm going to this event and I need a dress" and they were like, "That's not how we normally do this" but then they were very kind! Maybe because of the personal connection. That was the year before the Oscars and I had a lot of films coming out and it was just too much to find something for all of them. Victoria knows me very well and then I get to do the final pick."

On downtime dressing
"It's just black really, black trousers and I love knits. That's something I'm obsessed with. I'm moving house and I actually don't have that much stuff. I give a lot to charity when it comes to clothes. But knits I tend to keep, I hoard them!"

Reactions: Caroline-Mathilda
Live feed with Alicia right now

ETA: Well, that was it. Good interview! I am sure they'll publish it later.
DQsmGV2X0AEsIIX.jpg

DQskpSDWkAABObg.jpg

DQslqWTW4AAbugY.jpg

DQskYlgWkAAGOI5.jpg

Last edited: