Alexander Skarsgård

Hi A_Sussan:hugs:! It's been a while...real life happened. My Mom passed away in the interim. Thought I'd take a break from the doldrums to say "Hi" to everyone.

Oh Mik :hugs: I'm so sad for you. Your Mum is such a special person and she'll always have a place in your heart. You know you helped me so much, if ever you need me you know where I am. Whispering prayers for you all ♥x

Mik, I am so sorry about your mom.:sad::hugs:

From ASN:

Alex promoting The Legend of Tarzan with Margot Robbie today (April 19, 2016, London).

Sources:

1. “Alexander Skarsgard & @MargotRobbie with director David Yates at a special #LegendOfTarzan preview event in London!”

“"We created a miniature Africa in Watford... with real trees and a river!" #AlexanderSkarsgard on filming #LegendOfTarzan in London.”

"Finding a great actor who looks good without clothes on is really hard, but Alex has both!" David Yates on the casting of #LegendOfTarzan.

-WarnerBrosUK twitter

https://twitter.com/WarnerBrosUK/status/722373271614812160

https://twitter.com/WarnerBrosUK/status/722378153059053568

https://twitter.com/WarnerBrosUK/status/722382201657147394

2. “So much beauty in one room! We're having a sneaky peek at #LegendOfTarzan with @MargotRobbie & Alexander Skarsgard.”

-ODE twitter

https://twitter.com/ODE/status/722379990499766272

Alex promoting The Legend of Tarzan with Margot Robbie today (April 19, 2016, London).

3. “Funny moment at #LegendOfTarzan press junket in London when Alexander Skarsgård bends his knees to get on the same height as co-actor Margot Robbie and director Davit Yates @abnojesbladet.”

-tobbe_ek instagram & twitter

https://twitter.com/Tobbe_Ek/status/722388571932516352

4. “A morning with Margot & the #TheLegendOfTarzan crew ���� #MargotRobbie #AlexanderSkarsgård.”

-thisislucy twitter

https://twitter.com/thisislucy/status/722382645263495168

5. “We've swung into London on the Central Vine to check out some special clips from #LegendOfTarzan."

-gaytimesmag instagram

6. “Tarzan #alexanderskarsgard #theskars #bestillmybeatingheart #margotrobbie #legendoftarzan.”

“I prefer my Tarzan sans clothes #alexanderskarsgard #theskars.”

-ilonkaleenheer instagram

7. “With the lovely @margotrobbie today for #TheLegendofTarzan with #AlexanderSkarsgard #pressconference movie coming out in #july2016 Just seen 20 min clip. It's AMAZING #MargoRobbie.”

-marygreenwel instagram

Attachments

• Alex-warnerbrosuk.jpg
    Alex-warnerbrosuk.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 313
  • Alex-MelissaNathoo.jpg
    Alex-MelissaNathoo.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 265
  • Alex-tobbe.jpg
    Alex-tobbe.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 269
  • Alex-thisislucy.jpg
    Alex-thisislucy.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 261
  • Alex-ilonkaleenheer-2.jpg
    Alex-ilonkaleenheer-2.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 269
  • Alex-ilonkaleenheer-1.jpg
    Alex-ilonkaleenheer-1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 304
  • Alex-gaytimesmag.jpg
    Alex-gaytimesmag.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 279
  • Alex-MaryGreen.jpg
    Alex-MaryGreen.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Legend Of Tarzan sequel planned at Warner Brothers? David Yates reveals that there is an outline for a potential sequel to this summer’s big release?

This morning, we had the opportunity to spend some time looking at some really quite brilliant footage from this summer’s upcoming Legend Of Tarzan. While we take to our dictaphone to write up some of the juicy tidbits, we thought we’d share the following newsworthy bit which came up right at the end of the press conference. The news surrounds a potential Legend Of Tarzan sequel.
The footage, in short, is quite impressive, and easily matches some of the superb CGI that we’ve seen in this past week’s big release, The Jungle Book. The film was mostly created on sound stages in Leavesden on the outskirts of London, and like Disney’s box-office bohemoth, takes us to the wilds of the jungle with some spectacular computer-generated rainforests, and superb animated (not motion captured) animal characters.
Warner Brothers, as they should be, are super-confident with director David Yates‘ film, and it looks like this could be the first of many. Are we about to get a ‘Tarzan’ universe? Yates described his forthcoming summer adventure.
“It’s a highly entertaining, and very moving two hours in the cinema which will take us to a place that you haven’t been to in a while, and one which we’d like to take you to again. If you come and watch it.”
That comment stirred immediate interest in the audience. So, is a Legend Of Tarzan sequel already planned?
“We have an outline, which we’re really excited about,” Yates said to the screening room, full of journalists from across Europe.
So in short, and of course we’re just speculating here from his comments, but there could be more than one planned movie in the Tarzan universe. Could this be the next big franchise at Warner Brothers?
More news as we get it.

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2016/04/19/david-yates-discusses-possibility-legend-tarzan-sequel/

^Thanks, Buckeye.:smile:

Also from ASN:

More photos of Alex and Margot Robbie promoting The Legend of Tarzan in the UK (April 19, 2016, London).

Sources:

1. “David Yates, @MargotRobbie, Alexander Skarsgard & David Barron at today's #LegendOfTarzan preview event in London!”

-WarnerBrosUK twitter

https://twitter.com/WarnerBrosUK/status/722420380732956672

2. “Just sitting right behind Margot Robbie and Alexander Skarsgård.”

-boywonderjoel twitter

https://twitter.com/boywonderjoel/status/722423993224011778

3. “Had a great morning with a sneak peek of #legendoftarzan, ended up sitting directly behind the stars of the film. Can't wait to watch the whole movie! #alexanderskarsgard #margotrobbie.”

-joelrobison instagram

4. “Watching a Margot Robbie film with Margot Robbie was a dream. In my mind we were holding hands and sharing popcorn #LegendOfTarzan.”

-pascaleday instagram

5. “Hanging out with the BFF Margot again for the second time in as many months, and yes, you're right, #alexanderskarsgard is looking Right. At. Me #legendoftarzan #margotrobbie.”

-clairebeswick_ instagram

Attachments

• Alex-WarnerBrosUK-5.jpg
    Alex-WarnerBrosUK-5.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 281
  • Alex-WarnerBrosUK-4.jpg
    Alex-WarnerBrosUK-4.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 347
  • Alex-WarnerBrosUK-2.jpg
    Alex-WarnerBrosUK-2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 262
  • Alex-WarnerBrosUK-3.jpg
    Alex-WarnerBrosUK-3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 301
  • Alex-boywonderjoel.jpg
    Alex-boywonderjoel.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 241
  • Alex-JoelRobsin.jpg
    Alex-JoelRobsin.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 295
  • Alex-pascaleday.jpg
    Alex-pascaleday.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 253
  • Alex-clairebeswick_.jpg
    Alex-clairebeswick_.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 293
6. “Not a bad start to the working day... #davidyates #margotrobbie #alexanderskarsgard #davidbarron #legendoftarzan all da hashtags.”

-taliedelemere instagram

Attachments

• Alex-taliedelemere-2.jpg
    Alex-taliedelemere-2.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 254
  • Alex-taliedelemere-1.jpg
    Alex-taliedelemere-1.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 261
Today we got to catch a fairly long look at the upcoming David Yates movie the Legend of Tarzan – to call it an epic would probably be an understatement.

The stunning visuals, excellent casting in the form of Alexander Skarsgård, Margot Robbie, Christoph Waltz and Samuel L Jackson, and sheer scale of the production look like it will prove to be a hit with audiences when the movie eventually swings into cinemas on July 8. It’s no surprise that the studio and writers are already planning a sequel…
“We have an outline which we’re very excited about,” revealed David Yates at the end of a London press conference. Alexander Skarsgard quickly chimed in: “Yeah it’s called Tarzan gains weight, or Tarzan eats cake. I wrote it!” The strict diet and training regime to develop Tarzan’s jaw dropping abs was clearly quite intense for poor Alex.
But apart from the gruelling diet and training, what was it like for Alex and Margot to step into the roles of Tarzan and Jane? At the London press conference GT asked if they felt daunted taking on two of the most famous roles in movie history.
“These guys handled the material so well that, if it had ended up in the wrong hands, it could have come off cheesy,” Margot explained. “It wasn’t like reinventing the wheel, I wasn’t worried about all the previous performances, I was just worried about; ‘Will we make the film with the correct tone?’ I missed a lot of the earlier viersion of Tarzan, so I didn’t have that stuck in my head then, thank goodness. I think I had just the Disney animated version, so I didn’t feel bad about re-doing the cartoon.”
In fact it was a delight for Alex, who told us that the role was quite personal for him and his family: “My Dad was, and is, a massive Tarzan fan,” he explained.
“When he was a kid, every Saturday, he would go to to the matinée and watch Johnny Weissmuller on the big screen. And growing up he’d have these VHS cassettes that we’d watch, so that was my introduction to the character, and how I fell in love with Tarzan and that world. That was 70 years ago when those movies came out, so I wasn’t too daunted to be honest with you.
“Tonally it’s so different, the take on the story and the character – It didn’t feel like I was taking over from someone who did it two years ago, that everyone loved. So much time has passed. I’ll never compete with Johnny Weissmuller, but I just wanted to impress my father. He was more excited than I was!”
Director David Yates went on to talk about how Alex was the perfect choice for the role. He knew “really early on,” that it had to be Alex. “Finding a really good actor with a really good body is actually quite tricky,” David explained to the press conference.
“Someone who can act really brilliantly, which Alex can, but who also look fantastic without any clothes on… That combination is difficult to find. And Alex has both of those… Gifts.
“Because we were reinventing and recreating this character for a new audience, the Tarzan in my head was tall and vertical and had real length… So to speak. And I love Alex’s verticality, his poise, his grace and I felt that Tarzan in the past always felt really wide and square. We need someone to be an English lord with poise, and yet swing through the jungle and be amazingly dexterous in a very natural environment.”
But what about the footage itself? Well, from what we could see it looks like it’s going to be a hugely entertaining, popcorn chomping Saturday night movie. The action scenes between the excellent animated animals and Tarzan looks incredible and have the wright of a gorilla’s fist behind them. From the stunning wide shots of the jungle, to the incredibly personal moments between Tarzan and Jane, you can see David Yates’ excellent direction shine through. There’s even a scene where Christoph Waltz sits at a table and monologues in an evil manner, something almost every movie featuring Christoph Waltz seems to include.
Overall, we leave the press conference with high hopes for the legend of Tarzan. Of course the proof will always be in the final product.
The Legend of Tarzan swings into cinemas on July 8 in the UK and July 1 in the US.

https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/34372/a-legend-of-tarzan-sequel-is-already-in-the-works/

The Legend of Tarzan sneak peek report and Q&A with Margot Robbie, Alexander Skarsgard and David Yates

April 19, 2016 by Scott J. Davis 0 Comments

Even though it’s not out until July, Flickering Myth’s Scott J. Davis had the chance to see some early footage from the upcoming action adventure The Legend of Tarzan, which was screened in London this morning along with a special Q&A with the the film’s stars Alexander Skarsgard and Margot Robbie and director David Yates.
The footage, still far from finished but nearing its completion, was a fully immersive one, with some sumptuous looks at the jungle surroundings where the action takes place. But rather than this being an origin story, the film looks more at Tarzan’s (Skarsgard) life after becoming Lord Greystoke and how events transpire for him and Jane (Robbie) to return to the jungle.
In the scenes we were shown, we see Tarzan as a young boy being rescued by a group of apes who take him in despite the reservations of one the tribes lead apes who sees him as an enemy. Later, we see Tarzan and George Washington Williams (Samuel L. Jackson), new compatriot of the vine-swinger, trying to catch up to a train full of generals and army men. “How do we catch a train going at 40mph?” says Williams. “Gravity” replies Tarzan as he jumps off a cliff face down hundreds of feet to the trees below as Williams eventually follows in an ungraceful manner.
And we were also introduced to the film’s villain, Captain Rom (Christoph Waltz) who is intent on capturing Tarzan, holding Jane hostage until he gets him. In one sequence shown, Rom and Jane share a very tense dinner with Rom laying out his plans, whilst a later shot sees Jane spit at Rom as she is held by his henchmen.
The footage climaxed with a stampede of animals hurtling towards the local town in a sequence reminiscent of the Wildebeest charge in Disney’s The Lion King, as Tarzan runs with them to try and save Jane. It’s certainly going to be the film’s stand-out sequence and while some of the footage we saw was still rough around the edges, it looks like The Legend of Tarzan is going to be something special.
On the film, director David Yates said that of all the script’s he receives, this one stood out: “I just fell in love with it… It’s epic but it had some great old-fashioned sensibilities but also had themes that were very connected to now.”
Margot Robbie, who plays Jane (who is already married to Tarzan) said of her character: “She’s fiercely independent but also very in love with her husband… She is very emotionally strong as Tarzan is physically strong and I felt it was very important that they were both strong in their own way.”
And while the physical side was important to capture the character, Skarsgard’s initial reaction was how interesting the take on the material was: “It’s such an iconic character and it’s a story that’s been told hundreds of times…then I opened the script and it’s Tarzan as John Clayton Greystoke…so we open the movie not in the jungle but in London and his journey and his arc is almost the opposite.”
You can listen to the full audio from the Q&A below (apologies in advance for the sound from David Yates, his microphone wasn’t working great and as such was quiet quiet during the talk):
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/...t-robbie-alexander-skarsgard-and-david-yates/

We’ve seen many different versions of Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Tarzan story since it was written back in 1914 and when we first heard that another was on the way, we wondered if it was actually needed. After seeing the footage this morning presented by Director David Yates, we’re starting to think now is very much the time.
Yates and Producing partner David Barron are best known for their work on the Harry Potter movies (Yates directed the final four films in the franchise and primed and ready to bring Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them to the big screen this Christmas). In between Potter projects, they somehow found the time and space to bring the Tarzan story to the big screen in what they insist is a version unlike we’ve ever seen.
Both the Davids joined lead actors Alexander Skarsgård and Margot Robbie in a Q&A this morning in London to show a room full of press 20 minutes of footage and to answer the questions we had.
We were shown around 7 scenes, some were epic and a couple much more small in scale so they could focus on the characters. The story (from what we saw) involves Tarzan and Jane getting married, returning back to the jungle (for what reason is unclear). While they are there, Christoph Waltz (Captain Rom) arrives in Gabon to capture many of the indigenous people introducing the slave trade to a movie that seems to be hitting issues like this head on. At least one of the acts is taken up by Waltz character kidnapping Robbie with Tarzan in hot pursuit with his side-kick / light relief Samuel L. Jackson hot on his heels.
One of the scenes features a wonderful back and forth with Robbie and Waltz characters after she’s been kidnapped with Waltz doing what he does best in those brilliantly acted evil roles. The sweeping landscapes that we saw make it hard to believe that all the scenes involving actors were shot on the back lot of Leavesden Studios in sunny Watford near London.
n another scene we see a very ripped Alexander Skarsgård going head to head with the alpha male gorilla in what looks like it would be a one-way fight. The CG looks exceptional and again it’s no surprise that the team behind movies like Harry Potter would go to such lengths to make their movie as good as it can be using state of the art technology combined with a great script (from Adam Cozad who worked previously on Jack Ryan).
Robbie talks about how she was hooked from the get-go:
“I got the script Tarzan and immediately I saw it I thought ‘I don’t want to do Tarzan because I thought I knew it.'”
“It surprised me … I fell in love with it…. It felt romantic, epic….. It had some very old fashioned sensibilities but also it had themes which felt very connected to now and very present to now. In terms of how we find our environment, what we’re doing to the animal species around the planet and it made me smile with a lot of humour in it. I just couldn’t resist it.”
Margot Robbie says of her ‘Jane’ that she’s ‘fiercely independent, emotionally strong’ as opposed to Tarzan’s physical strength which is what draws them together.
‘I was so taken by the grand scale of it and even on the page it felt so epic! Everything about it was so rich and big!’
Alexander gives us a bit more info into what we can expect from the movie:
“We open the movie not in the jungle but with John and Jane in London and they’ve been there for almost a decade. In a way it’s his arc or journey is the opposite of the origin of the story or the novel or the most of old movies which is about taming the beast. This is a man that has already perfected that. He’s civilised himself or acclimated his life in Victorian London but he has a home and he feels obligated to be there.”
“Instead of taming the beast it’s about keeping the beast within and then slowly it comes out which I think is a metaphor we can all relate to”.
The Q&A ended with Yates saying that ‘we’d love to take you to this place again’ and Producer David Barron confirming ‘we have an outline’ for a second movie so they are obviously excited for how this movies does and that they may well be able to tackle this world again.
If you’re a fan of the Tarzan story, we really think this will be one you’ll be excited to see and is a different take on the Edgar Rice Burroughs tale that we all know and love.
The Legend of Tarzan is in cinemas July 8th.
http://www.heyuguys.com/legend-tarzan-footage-margot-robbie-alexander-skarsgard/

Hollywood News already has a second article:
‘Legend Of Tarzan’ footage reaction; What we learned

By Paul Heath -
Apr 19, 2016

Legend Of Tarzan footage reaction: David Yates brings footage of his big summer event movie to a special preview in London.

This morning, The Hollywood News and a number of other outlets, attended a special preview screening of some footage from the big Warner Bros. summer release, Legend Of Tarzan. Also in attendance were the film’s stars The Legend Of Tarzan footage was actually very, very good, and the WB may have a considerable hit on their hands. Here are some of our initial thoughts.

Warner Brothers brought director David Yates, stars Alexander Skarsgård and Margot Robbie, along with producer David Barron to The Legend Of Tarzan footage preview on Tuesday morning. That list of talent should tell you a lot about the kind of quality we’re looking at here. Yates directed the last four Harry Potter movies, and will take us back to the universe later this year with Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. Barron teamed with Yates on the Potter movies, and unites with him on this summer tent pole. Skarsgård plays the title character, a very lean version of Edgar Rice Burroughs’ legendary character, while Robbie plays the role of Jane Porter.
We were treated to six or seven key scenes from the film; around twenty minutes of footage in all. The fully edited scenes, complete with full score and CGI where relevant, were a mixture of action and character-driven scenes, a stand-out featuring Robbie’s Jane and a villanous Christoph Waltz is his typical menacing guise. Here’s what we learned from the footage, but be warned, there may be minor spoilers ahead.

• The effects are excellent. It was a very brave thing for Warner Brothers to show us footage of gorillas in their natural habitat, along with wild buffalos, lions and much more so close to the outstanding stuff seen in Jon Favreau’s The Jungle Book, which was release just last week. David Yates revealed that everything in his ‘Tarzan’ world was shot on sound stages at Warner Bros’ facility just outside of Watford in north London. While the animals in the film are not motion captured, but animated, they are all very realistic and at least on a par with the stuff we saw in Disney’s Jungle Book.
  • Skarsgård is built. The True Blood alumni looks every part the Tarzan that we’d expect, though is much leaner and indeed taller than previous incarnates. His Tarzan/ John doesn’t have a grunting, limited English-speaking Neanderthal (thankfully), but an eloquently spoken, mostly fully clothed version (in the footage that we saw anyway). Fear not though, as that shirt doesn’t stay on for long, and for what we expect to be the last reel, he’s mostly topless. Here’s what the actor had to say about playing the role, and how he personally discovered the character. “My Dad was, and is a massive Tarzan fan. When he was a kid back in Sweden in the 50s and 60s he would, every Saturday, go to the matinée and watch Johnny Weiss Miller on the big screen. Growing up, he would have these VHS cassettes that we would watch, so that was my introduction to the character, and how I fell in love with Tarzan and that world. It wasn’t that daunting [stepping into the role]. Tonally, it’s so different. It didn’t feel like I was taking over from someone who did this two years ago. So much time has passed, and I will never compete with Johnny Weiss Miller. I just wanted to just impress my father.”

• Samuel L. Jackson is hilarious. This is another really strong performance from Jackson. His character George Washington Williams provided most of the comedic beats in the footage that we saw, and seems to have a very bromantic relationship with Tarzan. In one scene, Jackson’s character has to straddle Tarzan in order for them both to swing onto a steam train travelling at 40 miles per hour.
  • Robbie’s Jane is unlike any other incarnation. Margot Robbie revealed that out of all of the characters that she’s played, this one is the one most like her. Jane seems to be a very strong female character; one that is largely away from her other half for the duration of the movie. The actress revealed to the journalists why she chose to play the character in the movie, one that has been played many times before, and whether she was worried about stepping into the iconic shoes of Jane. “The material, in the wrong hands, could have turned out cheesy. I wasn’t really worried about all of the previous performances, I was just worried that we’d make the film with the correct tone. I was like, ‘if they’re going to do it (Yates and producer Barron)’, I’m completely confident.“
This film is unlike any other version. David Yates described how the project came his way and how he felt when he read the script for the first time. “It made me smile. It had such a lot of lovely things going on; lots of different colours. All the scripts that I was being sent at that time just seemed to be one colour. This felt different and I just couldn’t resist it really. I was surprised by it.” Margot Robbie also shared her first thoughts. “It’s just epic, and in the middle of it there’s this romance. Everything about it was just rich and… big.” In the scenes that we saw, there are huge action sequences, perfectly teamed with smaller character driven ones, and the one that stands out is that aforementioned dinner scene between Robbie and Waltz. “I was with Christoph for most of the filming. He was so fantastic to work against because he never plays things the way you’d expect him to, and he’s very unpredictable.”...

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2016/04/19/legend-of-tarzan-footage-reaction/

Thanks, Buckeye.:smile:

"Just had a sneak peak of #legendoftarzan its ahahahaaaaaa mazing @warnerbrosentertainment @margotrobbie #tarzan #film #actors #movie #margotrobbie #alexanderskarsgard #movie."

-anna6johnson instagram

Almost exactly the same photo on her twitter too:

"Just been swinging with #LegendOfTarzan."

-Anna6johnson twitter

https://twitter.com/Anna6johnson/status/722397252925452289

"Great Q+A with @MargotRobbie and #alexskarsgard for the new movie #LegendOfTarzan."

-AntoSharp twitter

https://twitter.com/AntoSharp/status/722392052525359105

'He made me Spaghetti Bolognaise so I instantly liked him' - #MargotRobbie on first meeting #AlexanderSkaarsgard #legendoftarzan."

-bexaprilmay instagram

"Me Tarzan You Jane. #legendoftarzan #margotrobbie #alexanderskarsgard #trueblood #movie #film #hollywood #tarzan #london #life #lifestyle #interview #kinoinsider #radiohamburg ."

-christian.aust instagram

Attachments

• Alex-anna6johnson.jpg
    Alex-anna6johnson.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 269
  • Alex-Anna6johnson-twitter.jpg
    Alex-Anna6johnson-twitter.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 270
  • Alex-AntoSharp.jpg
    Alex-AntoSharp.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 246
  • Alex-bexaprilmay.jpg