Alexander Skarsgård

I truly don't see this idea that people want to suck up to the star by liking his gf. Frankly, if we look at Kate fans or Alexa fans, they were fans before either woman dated Alex. Those fans mostly seemed to manage to ignore him. Or some would then follow Alex.

But I have seen Alex fans who seem perfectly fine with him playing the field, turn on him when he has a steady gf. Then they discover any myriad of faults he or his gf have. They see her dragging him down the drain either via drugs or alcohol and ruining his career. The gf goes away and they stop complaining about his supposed faults. It looks like jealousy, but maybe they don't realize it. Maybe they just feel unease when he's dating and they express it by finding fault. This happens in numerous fandoms, not just Alex.

I haven't seen Alex's fans fawning over his gf. But I have seen an expression that it's nice to think he's happy and accept her on that level. And I've seen those reserving judgment or holding their nose but not attacking Alex for it. I've also seen Alex fans push back against the false claims and complaints, but that isn't sucking up to the gf. That's supporting Alex against ugly, unfair negativity. There have been those Alex fans with a history of disliking his gf before they started to date. But nothing like the crescendo of new anger when he starts dating.

As I said this particular behavior of hating the GF, wife, SO / LI, etc. happens across many fandoms. So it's fairly easy to identify and, for me, quite hard to understand.

Btw Stellan did play sexy roles, but Swedes are more relaxed about personal relationships.

Last edited:
Reactions: StarrLady
We were talking about how he feels about other people posting pics of him or his gf on social media. We were also talking about how some people have reacted to his girlfriends in the past. That's what others were talking about also. No one was talking about a new gf. We have no evidence of a new gf. Why do you think he has a new gf?

Look the only way any of us can determine if he has a gf is if we see him with someone several times. There are too many times when people see him near some woman and a few people get all excited about a gf. One time it was on a train. Some people even imagined he was holding her hand. Another time it was someone walking by on the street. They were both just random people nearby. Then there are dates that don't go anywhere--they don't fit right. That also happens to all of us. And that's why he keeps that private. No one wants pressure and scrutiny when they are not sure themselves. Not every date leads to a relationship.

I truly don't see this idea that people want to suck up to the star by liking his gf. Frankly, if we look at Kate fans or Alexa fans, they were fans before either woman dated Alex. Those fans mostly seemed to manage to ignore him. Or some would then follow Alex.

But I have seen Alex fans who seem perfectly fine with him playing the field, turn on him when he has a steady gf. Then they discover any myriad of faults he or his gf have. They see her dragging him down the drain either via drugs or alcohol and ruining his career. The gf goes away and they stop complaining about his supposed faults. It looks like jealousy, but maybe they don't realize it. Maybe they just feel unease when he's dating and they express it by finding fault. This happens in numerous fandoms, not just Alex.

I haven't seen Alex's fans fawning over his gf. But I have seen an expression that it's nice to think he's happy and accept her on that level. And I've seen those reserving judgment or holding their nose but not attacking Alex for it. I've also seen Alex fans push back against the false claims and complaints, but that isn't sucking up to the gf. That's supporting Alex against ugly, unfair negativity. There have been those Alex fans with a history of disliking his gf before they started to date. But nothing like the crescendo of new anger when he starts dating.

As I said this particular behavior of hating the GF, wife, SO / LI, etc. happens across many fandoms. So it's fairly easy to identify and, for me, quite hard to understand.

Btw Stellan did play sexy roles, but Swedes are more relaxed about personal relationships.
I think if you read the whole convo you know that I wasn't just talking about Alex but in general. Seeing a few fandoms it's pretty much to the same everywhere. Yes, there are people everywhere who think that they are "important" and wouldn't like to offend the star in any possible way even if he or she doesn't seem to read online comments. This "suck up" part might be less relevant in the Skarsworld. I try to stay away from Alex fan site discussions as much as possible, so I'm less informed on what goes on elsewhere, but I have " let's not talk about her - she's his gf" tendencies even here.
Sexy and naked are not necessarily synonymous in my world. Stellan gets naked often, if I'm not mistaken he started his film career naked, but they were not so lust inducing ones like Alex's Erik, who makes people drool even when he's fully dressed. Breaking the Waves is not something that makes you drooling. His naked bottom still looked very shapely in Mamma Mia, though, but it was 10 years ago and didn't make him a sex symbol. In most part of Europe people are more confortable with nudity, especially were in the 70s. As personal relationships I know only about My and Megan if it comes to Stellan - both of them are pretty long-term. Were you talking about them?
MSkarsgard: it's about his private life and no new girlfriend as far as I know it.

We were talking about how he feels about other people posting pics of him or his gf on social media. We were also talking about how some people have reacted to his girlfriends in the past. That's what others were talking about also. No one was talking about a new gf. We have no evidence of a new gf. Why do you think he has a new gf?

Look the only way any of us can determine if he has a gf is if we see him with someone several times. There are too many times when people see him near some woman and a few people get all excited about a gf. One time it was on a train. Some people even imagined he was holding her hand. Another time it was someone walking by on the street. They were both just random people nearby. Then there are dates that don't go anywhere--they don't fit right. That also happens to all of us. And that's why he keeps that private. No one wants pressure and scrutiny when they are not sure themselves. Not every date leads to a relationship.
Thanks for the clarification, I understood everything wrong

I think if you read the whole convo you know that I wasn't just talking about Alex but in general. Seeing a few fandoms it's pretty much to the same everywhere. Yes, there are people everywhere who think that they are "important" and wouldn't like to offend the star in any possible way even if he or she doesn't seem to read online comments. This "suck up" part might be less relevant in the Skarsworld. I try to stay away from Alex fan site discussions as much as possible, so I'm less informed on what goes on elsewhere, but I have " let's not talk about her - she's his gf" tendencies even here.
Sexy and naked are not necessarily synonymous in my world. Stellan gets naked often, if I'm not mistaken he started his film career naked, but they were not so lust inducing ones like Alex's Erik, who makes people drool even when he's fully dressed. Breaking the Waves is not something that makes you drooling. His naked bottom still looked very shapely in Mamma Mia, though, but it was 10 years ago and didn't make him a sex symbol. In most part of Europe people are more confortable with nudity, especially were in the 70s. As personal relationships I know only about My and Megan if it comes to Stellan - both of them are pretty long-term. Were you talking about them?
MSkarsgard: it's about his private life and no new girlfriend as far as I know it.
Thanks for the clarification of the matter Audiogirl & demonica

I read your entire convo. I even referred to problems in some other fandoms. But it seemed more relevant to stay focused on Alex. I only mentioned Stellan had been sexy since you assumed he hadn't been, because being married is no protection from fans. I've seen the wives of married actors get attacked by fans. But both Stellan and Alex have commented on how different the attitudes are in Sweden about privacy and relationship status.

And I've never seen comments about not discussing Alex's gf per se. I have seen comments against talking stupid crap about her. This has never been a thread that has been overly protective of his gf. Plenty of critiques and negative views. But stupid stuff or nasty stuff can get pushback (like obsessing over Alexa's cold sore and saying she has herpes). Gossip or not, reality and decency can also apply.

From instagram this morning (January 9, 2019):

47692651_137687690570599_5159693220527730843_n.jpg

conorboru Me and Alexander Skarsgard in the desert filming Hold the Dark. This guys on fire right now . He’s a true gent, and had no ego whatsoever

Also gave me some tips for Tarzan style abs. No special secret, just hard work unfortunately #holdthedark #netflix #alexanderskarsgard #alexanderskarsgård #jeremysaulnier #actorslife #filmmaking #soldier #filmmaker #filmclubldn #palikuku #blessed #generationkill #tarzan #quarzazate #absworkout #6pack

conorboru Me and Alexander Skarsgard in the desert filming Hold the Dark. This guys on fire right now . He’s a true gent, and had no ego whatsoever

Also gave me some tips for Tarzan style abs. No special secret, just hard work unfortunately #holdthedark #netflix #alexanderskarsgard #alexanderskarsgård #jeremysaulnier #actorslife #filmmaking #soldier #filmmaker #filmclubldn #palikuku #blessed #generationkill #tarzan #quarzazate #absworkout #6pack

That's a great comment. Always wonderful to see others mention how nice he is and his lack of ego.

Reactions: M.Skarsgård

So then i ask if alex is a new gf? (i got to know that he doesn't have a new gf) when you talk a lot about Alex gf's I don't know did he mean ex gf

Great find, Santress! Thanks!
I read your entire convo. I even referred to problems in some other fandoms. But it seemed more relevant to stay focused on Alex. I only mentioned Stellan had been sexy since you assumed he hadn't been, because being married is no protection from fans. I've seen the wives of married actors get attacked by fans. But both Stellan and Alex have commented on how different the attitudes are in Sweden about privacy and relationship status.

And I've never seen comments about not discussing Alex's gf per se. I have seen comments against talking stupid crap about her. This has never been a thread that has been overly protective of his gf. Plenty of critiques and negative views. But stupid stuff or nasty stuff can get pushback (like obsessing over Alexa's cold sore and saying she has herpes). Gossip or not, reality and decency can also apply.
???????? 1. I haven't assumed anything. You made assumptions, obviously a wrong one because I've seen a number of his films and familiar with his careeer. Sexy roles as I said are not equivalent with naked roles . See Schindler's List. His early hmmm naked roles didn't make him an international sex symbol like his sons, Alexander or Bill.
2. The second part of the sentence: Obviously being married is no protection from fans, but you normally attract less enamoured fans if you are married with 3 kids or more than if you are single, ending up on the hottest eligible bachelor lists like Alexande and being linked with many women in the last 10 years. I'm not saying that Alex's his fault, but this is how it works in every fandon.
Keeping your private life private is difficult everywhere, especially in current age of social media. In Sweden they don't have that many internationally successful actors other than the Skarsgard family therefore: it's understandable that they attract more media attention than other less known actors.

The really sad part is that some of these people talk about being married with children, even though they sound like very immature teenagers. And if the SO of someone you don't know is causing this much anger and anxiety in your life, some reassessments need to be made. Pronto. Like I wrote, i don't care for Chrissy Teigen, but it has zero to do with her being with Legend. And I certaintly do not think she "trapped" a grown man, nor am I lighting candles praying for a breakup.

It is funny how you never see men doing "research" or harassing or even caring who their favourite female celebrities' SO is.

That Stellan Skarsgard comment was so weird. And inaccurate. But people still talk like The Help was Viola Davis' first acting gig even though she was been acting for over 25 years, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Great find, Santress! Thanks!

???????? 1. I haven't assumed anything. You made assumptions, obviously a wrong one because I've seen a number of his films and familiar with his careeer. Sexy roles as I said are not equivalent with naked roles . See Schindler's List. His early hmmm naked roles didn't make him an international sex symbol like his sons, Alexander or Bill.
2. The second part of the sentence: Obviously being married is no protection from fans, but you normally attract less enamoured fans if you are married with 3 kids or more than if you are single, ending up on the hottest eligible bachelor lists like Alexande and being linked with many women in the last 10 years. I'm not saying that Alex's his fault, but this is how it works in every fandon.
Keeping your private life private is difficult everywhere, especially in current age of social media. In Sweden they don't have that many internationally successful actors other than the Skarsgard family therefore: it's understandable that they attract more media attention than other less known actors.
Fans didn't think Brad Pitt was less interesting because he was married with kids (although I've never liked him). So married with kids wouldn't detract from Stellan. I'm not sure why this is a big deal. I think Stellan was sexy. Actually he still is. It has nothing to do with nudity or how firm his buttocks were. There is a very compelling maleness about him. Alex has inherited that. You don't think Stellan was sexy. Fine. But I do know quite a few women who also think Stellan was sexy. Regardless, different times and different cultures, and different fandoms. The only relevant one for this thread is Alex. One time Alex was asked about acting sexy in order to portray Eric. He said he'd look ridiculous if he tried to deliberately act sexy. My takeaway was that he didn't need an overtly sexy role to ooze natural sexiness.

Btw there are other famous and/or successful Swedish actors than just the Skarsgårds.

Last edited: