Alexa in nude plonge lambskin - wearable?

Thanks for the info emmatoile.
I bored my DH nearly to death last night with my thoughts.
Do I go for the Nude bag my heart wants or keep the more sensible Ink, he was like err... no idea what you are talking about.
The Nude will definately be a clear sunny day bag, and here in the UK we can never take it for granted that it will stay that way all day.
I am going to think about it for a few days, but I went through my wardrobe last night, and realized I have shoes, scarves and shawls that look fabulous with it, so I think I am on a very slippery slope of keeping it.
I am sure plenty of regular sprays of Collini (is that right?) will protect it to some degree, but I dont think it will be any everyday bag.
But on the days you do wear it, wow!!!

Roz, yours is a fantastic example too, I think the beautiful wrinkling and crumpling is what makes it look such an exquisite and expensive leather, I know I said it before, but it reminds me of the chewy gorgeous leather of the very first season of Chloe Paddington bags - it makes me want to just touch it!

Tough decision for both of you, as I know in reality this is probably not an every day bag - but gosh, on the days you would use it, it would be the best days ever!! :biggrin:

Emma and Raz,

Thanks for posting pictures of your bags. They are truly gorgeous. I think that the nude is possibly the most stunning colourway for Alexa. I have not seen one irl yet and I cannot wait to have a good look.

I can appreciate why you both have concerns re wearability. Imho, colour transfer is inevitable sorry. I have no experience of lambskin but certainly the buffalo oak leather (oak alexa is made of this) defo does suffer colour transfer. I have a drew mini messenger in oak buffalo and I have a bit of colour transfer on the back of that. I need to try and get it off but have not dared try yet in case i make it worse....

I think for me you need to ask yourself this: 'Why am I buying an alexa?' If you are buying it as your everday 'must have' fashion item then perhaps another colourway would be a better choice because you will feel happier and more relaxed wearing it anyway and everywhere. You will get your money's worth of use from the bag whilst it is current, ikkwim. If however you answer to the question is you are buying it because you love it and you have fallen for it's beauty then you have different expectations of it and you will be prepared to suffer a little (more cleaning, limited opportunity to wear,being very on the ball when out with it) in order to keep the bag perfect. When you wear it though you will feel a million dollars. I also think that the snakeskin may not be the best choice for everyday wear as it may wear a fair bit faster than an alexa made only of leather?

Do you have other beautiful bags that you are happy to wear day to day? I guess that needs consideration too.

It is an amazing piece. If I was pre children I could very well have been tempted by this colour. That said, I would still have to have been very careful when out in the evening in wine bars etc! Red wine splashes and nude lambskin......lol.

I really don't know if any of the alexa colours will make sale? Maybe the lighter colours have a greater chance though of getting reduced as their audience is more limited I would have thought. Maybe Mulberry produce less in the first place with this already in mind though? Something else to think about I suppose.

I hope you are both able to feel at peace with whatever you decide to do!! Good luck makimng your minds up!

xx

thanks salikons, you reminded me. I do have a Chanel Flap in Lambskin, its quite a few years old and still looks fab, but its black and smoother grain, more forgiving than nude.
I have made a decision to send the Nude back, I adore the colour, trim, everything and could live with babying it a little more than my other bags, but I just took it out into the sunlight and my step-daughter said it looks like a bag that has got serious water damage, or worse like wrinkled skin!!!!

ooh I thought she may have been a keeper Raz!

The tweed is available at Selfridges, I know its not leather, but I think it might be easier to look after than the super pale nude :smile:

I know chloe-babe, I adore the colour and the rose hardware, but I am not 100% convinced about the leather.
I saw the Tweed one on Selfridges and feel a little mad that I am still waiting for mine from Mulberry.com.
I spoke to them erlier today, and they said stock-take is finally over and I should get it Tuesday at the latest, so fingers crossed.
I have been hankering after a neutral coloured bag for the last couple of years, so its really going to be hard to send the Nude back, but hopefully Tweed will be the ONE!

No, it will definately be another Alexa IWantANewBag, its the perfect style for me, I love carrying bags in my hand, but also need the shoulder strap sometimes. All of my bags have both strap options!

emmatoile, any decisions on yours yet?

Hi ladies - no decision as yet, am still blowing entirely hot and cold about my nude Alexa unfortunately. Like Raz, I heart the Alexa style completely and I thought (for months and months!) that this would be THE ONE for SS 2010, so am a bit stumped now. Do I really want a black plonge lambskin for SS as an alternative?? Chloe-babe, I did consider the tweed but think I'd prefer a leather. Soooo if not the nude, either Oak Shiny Leopard, Black or Ink. Decisions, decisions!!

^ I think black is absolutely stunning, but as an only Alexa, it could be a little too dark for summer, and you will want to use it straight away. I think the Black lamby is perfection as a second Alexa ;)

we are not helping much are we!!! Oak leopard is absolutely devine, and you would not have to baby that too much.

Raz, glad that Mulberry have sorted your order finally, looking forward to seeing the tweed.

I know chloe-babe, I adore the colour and the rose hardware, but I am not 100% convinced about the leather.
I saw the Tweed one on Selfridges and feel a little mad that I am still waiting for mine from Mulberry.com.
I spoke to them erlier today, and they said stock-take is finally over and I should get it Tuesday at the latest, so fingers crossed.
I have been hankering after a neutral coloured bag for the last couple of years, so its really going to be hard to send the Nude back, but hopefully Tweed will be the ONE!

No, it will definately be another Alexa IWantANewBag, its the perfect style for me, I love carrying bags in my hand, but also need the shoulder strap sometimes. All of my bags have both strap options!

emmatoile, any decisions on yours yet?

Fingers crossed that the tweed will be the one for you then. It is a perfect style I agree, worn messenger I forget mine is there, it is so lightweight and comfortable. Be sure to do us some tweed pics too please! It will be the first such reveal on here! xx

Hi ladies - no decision as yet, am still blowing entirely hot and cold about my nude Alexa unfortunately. Like Raz, I heart the Alexa style completely and I thought (for months and months!) that this would be THE ONE for SS 2010, so am a bit stumped now. Do I really want a black plonge lambskin for SS as an alternative?? Chloe-babe, I did consider the tweed but think I'd prefer a leather. Soooo if not the nude, either Oak Shiny Leopard, Black or Ink. Decisions, decisions!!

Hmm. If you decide against nude I would, in your shoes, skip black as not so wearable for spring/summer. Ink and ol would work year round imho. My ol is pretty hardwearing. No issues of colour tranfer at all and i've worn with grey and dark blue denim a lot. The nude is stunning though! Such a hard choice for you! xx

Oh raz and emmatoile - I feel your dilemma! I'm sure it will work out ok.
Raz - sorry about your diappointment with the nude plonge. Hopefully the next choice will be just right!

Emmatolie - good luck with the decision making process. Perhaps the fact that you're questioning the bag so much actually gives you the answer.

I love the nude and am debating a regular one for a potential further Alexa. As to tweed, they still have one in Selfridges Exchange. There were 2 yesterday but one is on hold. I was really shocked. From the website it looked to be grey, but it's actually a light tan colour tweed with light brown trim/straps. Totally different to what I had in my head!