Alexa in nude plonge lambskin - wearable?

emmaetoile

Apr 28, 2008
London, UK
Hi all - my much, much sought-after ALEXA in nude plonge lambskin just arrived and despite the initial flush of love (she is SO beautiful) I am now really worried that the leather is so soft and light that she'll be impossible to wear. I cherish all my bags, but I have never had anything in such pale, delicate lambskin before and am concerned that even wearing her with my black cotton trench is going to cause colour transfer. Short of wearing pale clothes all season (not an option), I am not sure what to do and whether she will wear well or not!

Do any other TPFers have bags in the plonge lambskin? How have they worn? Am particularly interested in experiences with pale or nude lambskin bags, but any general tips on how to care for lambskin would be great. I hate to say it, but I'm contemplating returning her because I am not sure she would be wearable IRL. Much as it would pain me to return her, it would be even more painful to either pay £895 for a bag I can't wear, or wear her and mark her on the first use :shrugs:

Thoughts very welcome. Thanks :smile:

chloe-babe

O.G.
May 1, 2006
United Kingdom
Emma, this is the exact dilemma I would have with lambskin, however, all is not lost. I would fire off an email to Mulberry customer services just now, and say it is complete love, but you are very worried about how it will wear. They will give you advice on what to treat her with (as not many lamb bags have been created by Mulberry so they will know best). I am sure they would love you to keep the bag too! so should give you excellent advice.

Can I ask you to take some piccies whatever you decide! as I adore this bag and would love to see it in real life.

Good luck :smile:

emmaetoile

Apr 28, 2008
London, UK
Thanks chloe-babe, I did call the Bond St store and they said to Collonil (which I would do anyway). I'll try SM too - good idea. The care note inside the bag says colours may transfer to it and am worried that even wearing with jeans would be enough to ruin her!

On an aside, my Alexa has problems with the inking on the sides of the leather pieces - it's wavy on the front underneath the flap, and particularly bad on the long handle where it's wavy in 3 places. I know Mulberry can send it away to be re-inked (which takes about 2 weeks) but before I do that I need to decide if I am keeping her first!

Btw, how do you get footers under your posts? Thanks!

Lakrits

Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 27, 2009
Sweden
Hi Emma, for the signature you click on your name above your avatar, Then click My Control Panel and go to Edit Signature. Good Luck.

chloe-babe

O.G.
May 1, 2006
United Kingdom
Thanks chloe-babe, I did call the Bond St store and they said to Collonil (which I would do anyway). I'll try SM too - good idea. The care note inside the bag says colours may transfer to it and am worried that even wearing with jeans would be enough to ruin her!

On an aside, my Alexa has problems with the inking on the sides of the leather pieces - it's wavy on the front underneath the flap, and particularly bad on the long handle where it's wavy in 3 places. I know Mulberry can send it away to be re-inked (which takes about 2 weeks) but before I do that I need to decide if I am keeping her first!

Btw, how do you get footers under your posts? Thanks!
I would not send it away! I would demand another one, its not good enough to have a brand new bag sent away for re inking! Mulberry will source you another one if you do decide its your perfect bag! :graucho:

Inem

O.G.
Jan 30, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
I don't have an Alexa yet but I have Miu Miu coffer in matte lambskin. I think as long as you spray it heaps with Collonil and avoid wearing it with jeans, it'll be fine.

Tote Girl

Nov 25, 2008
Wow, you can just imagine the softness of that Alexa. What is the contrast leather, snake?

Tote Girl

Nov 25, 2008
I don't think the inking issue is acceptable on a premium product so I would want a replacement bag if I still wanted this particular design.

As for the bag's wearability, perhaps you could research some of the other designer forums who make bags in similar leather for care tips? I see Inem has given advice based on her mui mui. Colour transfer is always a potential issue but unless you are clad head to toe in denim (:graucho:) I'm sure it can be largely avoided by using plenty of collonil and general care.