Travel Airport Style - What Do You Wear While Traveling?

Maybe I always dress for comfort but I just wear what I usually wear, except slightly looser. Usually a dress and leggings with flats. A jacket or sweater. No jeans since even with comfy ones the waistline eventually cuts into or leaves marks on my midsection after sitting for hours.

I bought a juicy couture 'tracksuit' (sorry still doesn't know the proper name for it) for this summer trip and not regretting it! Very warm and comfortable especially freezing on the plane. Although my husband thought I looked too chavvy!

I try to look nice and be comfortable. I find that most of the time, I go from the plane to walking about town so I don't want to look as if I am wearing something too casual. I made that mistake many many years ago in London, and I still cringe when I think about the leggings and tunic that I was wearing! Flats/loafers as well.

Something dark to wear on the plane is a good idea just in case something spills on you and you are not going to have a chance to change. A sweater is easy to carry on and I also take a shawl in a little plastic bag that I throw into my tote bag. Planes can be cold and the blankets they have are disgusting!

My normal travel "uniform" includes lululemon wunderunder leggings, TOMs, a lululemon jacket, lululemon vinyasa scarf (super soft and comfy, can unbutton into almost a full blanket) and whatever shirt I happen to have on, usually cotton. I get really warm on flights normally, so I like wearing layers and shedding as needed.

I usually have 13-14 hour flights to visit family on the other side of the globe on the plane I wear my velour juicy track suits (I know they are so 'out' but oh so comfy) and keep a light blanket with me I also have a spare set of cloths in my carry on that I change in to before landing I don't apply makeup until an hour before landing because i can not have all that grime on my face

I fly almost every week for business. I usually dress business casual for flights. I always bring a large pashmina for a wrap because temps can vary in the air. If I do not have a biz meeting at the end of my flight, I skip my makeup. I usually carry on a Herve Chapelier 913N tote. I tuck my make up, purse, computer, and a change of clothes into the tote in case my checked baggage doesn't make it. I exclusively carry BV bags these days. I always bring a dust bag to protect my BVs because you never know what is under that seat. I always wear flats when flying. I am very partial to the Arche Laius flat. It is very comfortable and works well if I have to run for a connecting flight.

I usually wear comfy pants, long sleeve top (usually sweater), a cardigan (so I can also use it as a blanket), comfy shoes I can take off (like flats or boots), and maybe a scarf. It depends where I go and how much is in my luggage coz I usually wear heavier and bulky things on the plane to save baggage.

I'd like to think both and aim for comfort.

Leather Converse or other boots I can wear through security. Wore flip flops once, had to take them off and was disgusted at the sticky floor.

Loose pants, nice tank top, cashmere cardi, leather jacket and shawl. Also a big bombproof rain coat or ski coat depending on the weather with secure zip pockets.

Accessories are a no name M0851 small bag for passport and tickets, good quality belt and watch. Watch and belt come off well before security and go into secure zip pockets in the leather jacket or coat.

Everything possible comes off and goes into a foldup Muji travel bag ahead of time and dumped onto the X-ray conveyor belt while I walk through the security arch. Liquid bag is in outside pocket and it goes through in a tray.

On the plane the big coat covers my seat & headrest and I use my shawl as a blanket.

Last edited: