Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

Since I broke my Dooney, I'm hobo-less. What a sad state to be in. :sad:

Not hobo related, but I really want to recreate this bag I used to have. I got it from Etsy, but the seller is no longer in business. Most of the main body was a cable knit fabric. Like a knit fabric tube, white. The bottom and top were beige corduroy, with two corduroy top handles, tote-like. The whole thing was lined in cotton or some such. I really wish I could find a bag like that again, but I can't. Now that pandemic fears have eased, I want to ask the wife of a former coworker to teach me to sew, which she said she was willing to do before. I can knit the middle part, and maybe she can teach me how to cut and sew on the corduroy parts. This is the closest I can find, though obviously not corduroy. The one I bought looked more finely executed, too.
1675212583333.png

Since I broke my Dooney, I'm hobo-less. What a sad state to be in. :sad:

Not hobo related, but I really want to recreate this bag I used to have. I got it from Etsy, but the seller is no longer in business. Most of the main body was a cable knit fabric. Like a knit fabric tube, white. The bottom and top were beige corduroy, with two corduroy top handles, tote-like. The whole thing was lined in cotton or some such. I really wish I could find a bag like that again, but I can't. Now that pandemic fears have eased, I want to ask the wife of a former coworker to teach me to sew, which she said she was willing to do before. I can knit the middle part, and maybe she can teach me how to cut and sew on the corduroy parts. This is the closest I can find, though obviously not corduroy. The one I bought looked more finely executed, too.
View attachment 5705418
Sorry to hear about Your Dooney, nyeredz. :console:

Have you thought about trying to replace it with another one like it? :thinking: