Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

Thanks for the condolences. I do want to replace it, but not with one exactly like it. I want to take the opportunity to try something new. I have a thread open right now asking for suggestions. I like a couple of expensive options best, but they don’t tick all my boxes and I don’t want to spend a ton of money if it can’t tick all my boxes. And it’s not like I don’t have several other non-hobo bags I can use. I might just wait, and perhaps eventually the right one will come along. I just found out, too, that I’m looking at about $8k of dental work over the coming 18 months, which has at least momentarily dampened my enthusiasm to buy an expensive bag.

Thanks for the condolences. I do want to replace it, but not with one exactly like it. I want to take the opportunity to try something new. I have a thread open right now asking for suggestions. I like a couple of expensive options best, but they don’t tick all my boxes and I don’t want to spend a ton of money if it can’t tick all my boxes. And it’s not like I don’t have several other non-hobo bags I can use. I might just wait, and perhaps eventually the right one will come along. I just found out, too, that I’m looking at about $8k of dental work over the coming 18 months, which has at least momentarily dampened my enthusiasm to buy an expensive bag.
I think you’re wise to wait, nyeredzi. :yes:

I’m a great believer in serendipity. Some of my favorite bags are the ones I hadn’t actually had in mind, but once our paths crossed I knew they were meant for me. :hbeat:

Last edited:
Happy Thursday!
Pic of Miss Choc today.
Have not worn that bag for a year now.
View attachment 5707074

I really do hope that there won‘t be any beauty any time, soon. :biggrin: As someone needs to use her neglected bags. ;)
I think I should be safe too, Ludmilla.
There won’t be any bag shop in the city any time soon.:sad:
Lots of new empty spaces are being decorated at the moment….and from what I have seen, they all look like food places : bagels, sushi and pasta restaurants…
Unbelievable.:panic:

I think that’s because times are tough.
Who can say what people will spend their money on in the months or years to come?
Lots of us have so many clothes or bags that we can live in those for the next 50 years….at least. :panic: Food is an other story.:sad:
Yes. Tbh I do not need new clothes, shoes, bags and books for a very long time in the future.

Reactions: Mariapia
Happy F
Happy Thursday!
Pic of Miss Choc today.
Have not worn that bag for a year now.
View attachment 5707074

I really do hope that there won‘t be any beauty any time, soon. :biggrin: As someone needs to use her neglected bags. ;)
Happy Friday, Ludmilla! :wave:

Love seeing Miss Chocholate. :loveeyes:

And I’m right with you when it comes to carrying my more lesser worn bags. :speedy:

Talking about carrying our most neglected bags…here is the one I chose this morning. Poor thing has been sleeping in its dust bag for nearly a year.. :panic:
My LV Girolata :smile:View attachment 5709025
Happy Saturday, Mariapia! :wave:

I absolutely love your wonderful LV Girolata! :loveeyes:

The color is perfect, it’s iconic monogram understated, and looks like it works equally well as either an East-West tote or drawstring bucket bag. :love:

Simply fabulous. :dothewave:

Happy Saturday, Mariapia! :wave:

I absolutely love your wonderful LV Girolata! :loveeyes:

The color is perfect, it’s iconic monogram understated, and looks like it works equally well as either an East-West tote or drawstring bucket bag. :love:

Simply fabulous. :dothewave:
Thank you, Fim. , and Happy Saturday too!:wave:
You are absolutely right, :ps:, I can carry it as a tote and as a bucket bag.
Two bags in one!:hbeat:

Reactions: Tomsmom