AGGRAVATED by FAKES!

Most people can't afford a real bag so when I see fakes I just feel fortunate that I can carry the real deal. I used to love Louis Vuitton but people would always have to make a big fuss over my bags and ask how much they cost so I stopped buying them. I like Balenciaga because most people where I live have never heard of the brand and don't know how much it costs...just that it is exceptionally beautiful. Also people who carry real bags also tend to wear $500 shoes and $200 jeans and look really good so people can tell the difference between reall wearers and fakes.

And this just chocked me, how can you say such a thing? It's just a bag, why get so upset? Is it because you know you had to pay loads more for the fact that yours is made by Balenciaga?

This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. I didn't want to get into an argument about this issue because everyone feels obviously differently about this.

I personally have issues with counterfeit goods, not just bags, but all luxury goods. This is not because I think it'll hurt the brands or their brand image.

1. Manufacturers of those counterfeit goods generally have sweatshops in countries such as China, using underage children working in inhumane conditions.

2.Buying counterfeit goods enables sweatshops. I think it's our moral duty to boycott counterfeit goods.

3.The message you're sending out to the world by wearing counterfeit goods is: " I'm a show-off. I want people to think that I wear/carry brand-name goods. I don't care about the quality, just the logo/brand-name. I also don't know/care about sweatshops being used to produce counterfeit goods".

I realize that not everyone can afford(or willing to) spend a lot of money for luxury goods, that's why they're luxury goods.
Luxury goods would loose their status/appeal if eveyone can afford them. If you can't afford(or wiling to) luxury goods, simply buy something else instead. When I couldn't afford luxury goods, I was OK with the next best thing. If I couldn't afford Balenciaga bags, I'd buy no-name-brand bags that are well made instead of buying knock-offs.

Oops! I'm so sorry ICB, that I was misinterpreted your opinion :sweatdrop: . I'm kinda bias with this of my opinion as I've faced lots of people carrying the fake by intending for other people to think as they're some kind of celebrities-like and they even raise up about the price of the real bag (even the bag they're carrying are absolutely FAKE!). Like in the agency I'm working, I used to here a few colleagues talked about their fake bags as real and the value of the bags they carried and bla bla bla... and try so hard to make other colleagues (who don't know anything about Bal) think of them as those in high society fashionista... this's what I feel :yucky: . So this might be just my experience though.

I was trying to avoid saying more but unfortunately, I think you misinterpreted what I had said.

What I was trying to say is this:

I simply cannot be bothered by the fact that some people carry "fake", "knockoff", or "inspired" Balenciagas.
I carry my bags knowing that they are authentic and that I carry them simply because I love the style and not because I want people to know that I tote around a $1400 bag.

I think there are people who are bothered by the fact that they see fakes in the streets because of the fear that people might assume that their bags are fake.

Also, there are people out there who have no clue what Balenciaga is (and I've met some of these people). I think in that case it doesn't reflect in anyway their character.

The only problem I have with fakes is the people that sell them on ebay and try to pass them off as the real thing (knowing they are fakes)and some poor thing spends $1,000 on a piece of crap:cursing:

Not only you dear, I like the fun of mix & match too. I rarely spend that much on shoes as well becuz I know I can't taking care of them that good. But for the bag, especially Bal, I know I can take care them well and I love the feeling of its gorgeous smooshy leather which is the reason why I love carrying Bal bag :yes: .

Not always! ;) I have no problem paying big bucks for bags, but it would kill me to spend that much for shoes. Maybe its just me...:shrugs:

I like Balenciaga because most people where I live have never heard of the brand and don't know how much it costs...just that it is exceptionally beautiful. Also people who carry real bags also tend to wear $500 shoes and $200 jeans and look really good so people can tell the difference between reall wearers and fakes.

I expressed myself incorrectly here. I don't even wear $500 shoes on a day to day basis. What I meant to say was that people who sport real bags not only tend to have nice bags but also wear nice clothes as well so people will be less likely to think you are wearing a fake bag. I know that not everyone can wear expensive shoes, clothes, and handbags! I think women tend to splurge more on handbags/shoes than clothes anyway. That is certainly the case with me. I think someone had a quote from a fashionista about rather having many fabulous hadbags and one fabulous outfits than the other way around.

This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. I didn't want to get into an argument about this issue because everyone feels obviously differently about this.

I personally have issues with counterfeit goods, not just bags, but all luxury goods. This is not because I think it'll hurt the brands or their brand image.

1. Manufacturers of those counterfeit goods generally have sweatshops in countries such as China, using underage children working in inhumane conditions.

2.Buying counterfeit goods enables sweatshops. I think it's our moral duty to boycott counterfeit goods.

3.The message you're sending out to the world by wearing counterfeit goods is: " I'm a show-off. I want people to think that I wear/carry brand-name goods. I don't care about the quality, just the logo/brand-name. I also don't know/care about sweatshops being used to produce counterfeit goods".

I realize that not everyone can afford(or willing to) spend a lot of money for luxury goods, that's why they're luxury goods.
Luxury goods would loose their status/appeal if eveyone can afford them. If you can't afford(or wiling to) luxury goods, simply buy something else instead. When I couldn't afford luxury goods, I was OK with the next best thing. If I couldn't afford Balenciaga bags, I'd buy no-name-brand bags that are well made instead of buying knock-offs.

I agree completely, Tooshies!:yes::heart:

Like OP said, lots of gals who buy "fakes" are buying inspired bags that don't even say "balenciaga" on them. They're buying it because it looks nice. This I think is fine. Aggravating, but I'm a lot more okay with it than those superfake LV's copied down to the last detail.

And here's where a lot of people get their pressure up over nothing.

If someone (who may or may not be able to afford it) buys a bag simply because they like the styling, NOT to be carrying around (and advertising) "name brand X" and passing it off as real, I don't get the big deal.

Now if the person is carrying the bag "perpetrating" like it's real then that's another issue. Honestly, unless you ask them, you'll never know what's in their heart.

some folks buy bags and discard them after a short while. Those same folks don't take care of their bags, care whether they're stored properly, exposed to elements, etc. For them, heck, I'd say go ahead and get a no-name/inspired by. If it's just trash to them after they've worn it, no need in them throwing away good money.

However, for those who do care for their bags, keep them long time, treat them as investments, etc...then the bag IS an investment.

I'm even shocked at the speed by which some here buy a bag, wear it for whatever period, then sell it.
I tend to keep my bags a bit more long term.

It's only after periodic pruning in my closet that I'll evaluate things that I haven't worn/used much and then discard (sell) it.

I've got no-name bags that I bought simply for the style...and I've got "brand name" that I bought for the same reason. I like them just the same, not because it makes me feel extra special...but simply because I'm satisfied with the bag.

My newest acquisition is coming to me in the mail: a Coach Andrea in cognac. It's probably been out for a while, but I just ran across it and I LOVED the style, not because it's Coach.