Age gaps.. Hmmmm..

ITA, princess_eab! I hate the idea that only "certain" bags are age appropriate for my 48-year old self! What I do love is that whatever LV bag I choose, I know it is classy and stylish and extremely well-crafted.

Funny, I think seeing my bags on women of all ages is very satisfying!!

It means the bags can be worn by anyone, and I'll be able to carry them forever! I hate "age-specific" or dated bags. That's why I came to LV!

There a some thing that don't look good on older people. LV is not one of them. Even the multicolore line looks great on anyone. I am 20yrs old, and I have a few pieces, but how I will look and feel carrying the bag 10-15 years form now always factors into my purchases, as well as the patina. These are investmest pieces and they should never feel outdated.

Oh my goodness...all of you make me feel like I'm in my dotage! I've never really given my age a thought when carrying my LV...hmmm...I'm 55...sigh! Anyway, I carry various styles from a Speedy, Tulum GM, Chelsea, Nolita to the Montsouris GM. I love the Montsouris GM so much I acquired an SO Damier Montsouris GM in 2007.:yahoo:

I think LV is such a classic, and that so many of the bags are classics, that they are not necessarily geared towards a certain age. Think about it - the monogram and damier canvases are 100 years old! Those patterns are not trendy. Now, sure, some of the styles of bags and newer lines may be trendier, but overall it's a classic brand that can be worn at all ages. Think of how many people carry the same Speedy for 30 years! There aren't too many handbags that get that kind of use, both because they wouldn't hold up and because they would be "out of style."

When I see an older lady wearing LV I think they scream class and I hope to be like them one day.
When I see someone younger wearing LV I think they are stylish and poised.
When I see someone middle-aged wearing LV I think they are sophisticated and lovers of quality.
When I see someone carrying a fake I feel a little sad.
Basically I love seeing people of all ages wearing LV - that is another one of the things I like about it.

:tup:

Oh my goodness...all of you make me feel like I'm in my dotage! I've never really given my age a thought when carrying my LV...hmmm...I'm 55...sigh! Anyway, I carry various styles from a Speedy, Tulum GM, Chelsea, Nolita to the Montsouris GM. I love the Montsouris GM so much I acquired an SO Damier Montsouris GM in 2007.:yahoo:

Hi Carol -- We are of a kindred spirit, I suppose. Same age, same state. Different LVs, however. I have a red epi Alma, damier Hampstead MM, mono viva cite, mono Alma MM and several great Chanels in addition to my other, trendier bags.
Anyway, I purchased some Gwen Stefanie L.A.M.B. handbags during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. They were definitely well-thought out and designed for any age woman. I know it has nothing to do with LV, but what I'm getting at, is I have seen women our age -- and quite a bit older -- carrying my LAMB bags as well as their Chanels, LVs, Chloes, etc. I kind of think it's a little scary when I see really young women carrying terribly expensive bags and wondering if they are really able to pay for them. Especially the hardware-heavy leather "it" bags of the season.
---Judy from Baltimore

Attachments

• lv_collection.jpg
    lv_collection.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 35
Let me start by saying that I'm in the older age group (41). I have a variation of LV bags Mono. Damier Vernis Epi & MC. Awhile ago someone posted on here that older ladies would be better to stay away from the MC line. I thought good God I love my black Speedy, do I look silly carrying it? This was a temporary thought. I love my Speedy and will continue to carry it. Not too long ago I saw a girl around 13/14 sitting on the brook around the corner from my house with a mono speedy and nearly had an accident. I thought to myself...could it really be?? So young with such an expensive bag (in my opinion). Anyway you look at it theres always someone who thinks someone else looks too old or too young to own a specific item. To each his own...at the end of the day it's you who has to use it & wear it. Life is too short to worry about what others think. LV is classy & timeless in my opinion....anyone (lucky enough) can wear it beautifully!!!

^^ ITA!!!:tup: BTW i'm also in "That older lady" age group..I recently turned 43!

I think LV is for everyone & all ages. I don't base my love of LV or how I think I look based on other people carrying LVs. I see other people carrying LV and think: "Great taste!"