After 2 times of wearing this beautiful bag, the corner is peeling off

I am gonna throw some comments in there since I've got a big background with all things Chanel, side to side and top to bottom. Here are just some things to know:

1) Chanel doesn't dye their leathers all the way through, so when they scuff, it will go to "brown".
2) Chanel is, and sees itself, as a fashion house, NOT a leather goods house. It does not like accessories customers AT. ALL. It sees them as "rodents" as a prominent SD once told me (she was not agreeing, just passing on info from above). Therefore, CS for accessories customers is very very very low priority, if at all.
3) Most of Chanel's comments for leather that wears, tears, popped stitches, etc will be deemed as "regular wear and tear", not covered by any sort of warranty.
4) The quality of Chanel's leather isn't awesome. I think we all know that. And bags are produced at many "shared" factories all over Europe (and beyond IYKWIM). They are producing upwards of 10m bags a year, at around 85-90% profit margin, for a house that overtly says they are not a leather goods house.
5) There are NO CHANEL VIP's who are only accessories customers. If I bought 300k of bags/ jewelry/ shoes a year, I am not a VIP. I am nothing. Only purchasing RTW makes you anyone they care to make happy or cater to, because they only see RTW customers are real customers.
6) Pretty much when you buy a Chanel bag, minus a few exceptions, you're gonna be on your own with whatever happens to it.

Last, look, I love Chanel. Chanel is FUN, quirky, whimsical, etc. But quality isn't their mojo. It SHOULD be, but it's not. I say these things so that you can alter your expectations of what it means to both be a Chanel customer and getting aftercare service.

I remember when I had the most beautiful pink calf shiny chevron coco handle (with lizard handle, leather interior). I used it ONCE, and the corner scuffed to brown. I sent pics to my SA, who I still work with, and he said, "Well, yeah, it's just what happens". That was it. Not his fault, he is well aware of the issues, but nothing he can do.

Not that I think this post will make you feel any better, but maybe just help you make better decisions / expectations going forward. If you want fun? Chanel. If you want quality? Hermes. If you want trendy/edgy? Dior. If you want mainstream/everyday? LV. There are more brands for sure, but just my take on them from a flyover. Good luck, and I am sorry.

I am gonna throw some comments in there since I've got a big background with all things Chanel, side to side and top to bottom. Here are just some things to know:

1) Chanel doesn't dye their leathers all the way through, so when they scuff, it will go to "brown".
2) Chanel is, and sees itself, as a fashion house, NOT a leather goods house. It does not like accessories customers AT. ALL. It sees them as "rodents" as a prominent SD once told me (she was not agreeing, just passing on info from above). Therefore, CS for accessories customers is very very very low priority, if at all.
3) Most of Chanel's comments for leather that wears, tears, popped stitches, etc will be deemed as "regular wear and tear", not covered by any sort of warranty.
4) The quality of Chanel's leather isn't awesome. I think we all know that. And bags are produced at many "shared" factories all over Europe (and beyond IYKWIM). They are producing upwards of 10m bags a year, at around 85-90% profit margin, for a house that overtly says they are not a leather goods house.
5) There are NO CHANEL VIP's who are only accessories customers. If I bought 300k of bags/ jewelry/ shoes a year, I am not a VIP. I am nothing. Only purchasing RTW makes you anyone they care to make happy or cater to, because they only see RTW customers are real customers.
6) Pretty much when you buy a Chanel bag, minus a few exceptions, you're gonna be on your own with whatever happens to it.

Last, look, I love Chanel. Chanel is FUN, quirky, whimsical, etc. But quality isn't their mojo. It SHOULD be, but it's not. I say these things so that you can alter your expectations of what it means to both be a Chanel customer and getting aftercare service.

I remember when I had the most beautiful pink calf shiny chevron coco handle (with lizard handle, leather interior). I used it ONCE, and the corner scuffed to brown. I sent pics to my SA, who I still work with, and he said, "Well, yeah, it's just what happens". That was it. Not his fault, he is well aware of the issues, but nothing he can do.

Not that I think this post will make you feel any better, but maybe just help you make better decisions / expectations going forward. If you want fun? Chanel. If you want quality? Hermes. If you want trendy/edgy? Dior. If you want mainstream/everyday? LV. There are more brands for sure, but just my take on them from a flyover. Good luck, and I am sorry.
So I should move on with low quality 4000$ bag? Thank you for your input.

This is eye opening! Well, I can only speak of my experience as a chanel newbie. I bought a wallet on chain in grey and then a beige and both had corner issues. Luckily (and this was a few years ago) the SA exchanged it twice in fact and the last one I got was a black reissue woc which to date does not have any issues. It made me turn off any colored chanel - only big black now. I think for OP - if you are bothered maybe you can go into the store or email chanel headquarters. Good luck!

All of their bags are low quality IMHO. A $300 bag from Nordstrom has better quality. Quality isn't one of the factors in purchasing a Chanel bag, I would say aesthetic is. If you have $4000 to spend towards a leather bag, and quality was a the top of your list, Chanel wouldn't be on the list of something I'd recommend. I would go to a leather good house who has their own tanneries & specializes in leather goods. I am only conveying this after owning upwards of 300 chanel bags in the last 6 years??

All of their bags are low quality IMHO. A $300 bag from Nordstrom has better quality. Quality isn't one of the factors in purchasing a Chanel bag, I would say aesthetic is. If you have $4000 to spend towards a leather bag, and quality was a the top of your list, Chanel wouldn't be on the list of something I'd recommend. I would go to a leather good house who has their own tanneries & specializes in leather goods. I am only conveying this after owning upwards of 300 chanel bags in the last 6 years??
Thank you

What she means is Chanel is not famous for producing quality or durable luxury goods, but fashionable and pretty products that may have problems in the long run.
You can always bring it back to the stores and ask them for help, but I am positive that the SA won’t be of any help in this situation. (Because they are trained to say “normal wear and tear” all the time)

So if Chanel disagrees to help, you can either live with it and hope that it will not worsen (I heard some people have similar problems with their gabby but it stays that way, instead of having completely ruined bags), or you can sell the bag away, probably without any huge losses because as we all know how Chanel bags retains its value even it’s preowned.
I hope Chanel will end up helping you instead though!

Thank you
I am not rationalizing or excusing it, I have been through my own disappointments with them too, believe me. I am just trying to save you the headache. Again, truly, I am sorry. I know the feeling. I have many more stories. Luckily many of the bags that had issues, I learned very quickly to inspect upon receipt. I've had bags come to me with ripped handles, scratches, missing cards, deflated corners, crooked flaps, upside down CC, crooked Turlock on reissue (wouldn't even close), glue, missing "foot", missing screws, chipped hardware, you name it.

I don't see anything saying he blocked you. Maybe he's just busy and will answer later. Have you tried calling the boutique?
Yes, and another SA let him know in person that I texted him.
What she means is Chanel is not famous for producing quality or durable luxury goods, but fashionable and pretty products that may have problems in the long run.
You can always bring it back to the stores and ask them for help, but I am positive that the SA won’t be of any help in this situation. (Because they are trained to say “normal wear and tear” all the time)

So if Chanel disagrees to help, you can either live with it and hope that it will not worsen (I heard some people have similar problems with their gabby but it stays that way, instead of having completely ruined bags), or you can sell the bag away, probably without any huge losses because as we all know how Chanel bags retains its value even it’s preowned.
I hope Chanel will end up helping you instead though!
I wish too. but since I have tried to contact SA and Manager by phone for last 3 hours, no sign of help yet.

I recently watched a YouTube video where the lady has unboxed her third Chanel mini flap, and yet it’s still flawed. (You can search for Chanel mini fail on YouTube)
It’s either customers are overly OCD or the company is too carefree or overconfident with their sales, this shouldn’t happen to a $4000 bag.
I bought many chanel bags. Last year. Some minors flow I always Suck it up They can see my record of my purchase. But for this kind of color fading is unacceptable to me. I can’t suck it up.

I think that flaw is very minor and something that will inevitably happen to a painted(?) leather. However I agree with you that wear and tear is not something that happens after two uses.

it is good that the you contacted your SA, you are the costumer and you define what is good enough for you. For this instance I think the rubbing off is very very minor. Unfortunatelly I am not sure how that will be handeld by the boutique since it looks, according to pics, microscopic. But I think it is best to try to resolve it with Chanel, whatever the outcome since at least you tried.