African Queen Limelight??

Brutus1

O.G.
Oct 30, 2007
Ever since seeing the pictures of the african queen limelight in the metallic mauve I have been in LoVe!!! I saw it in person tonight at the 5th Ave store and love it even more! The problem is I am not sure it is worth $1500 + for the amount of use I can get out of it. I have the limelight pm in gold from last year and have only used that one a handful of times. I don't want to regret not buying it when it is sold out in a few months...

Advice??

I think you should get it -- it's definitely not an "everyday" bag, and while you may not use it a lot in any given year, you'll have it forever. Even though it has the beads, I don't think it's as trendy as the other bags in the african queen group -- I think it will look great many years from now. The other good thing is it will look great w/jeans or a LBD.

If I had taken the opportunity to get the Perle Limelight when it was released in 2007... I would have used it nearly everyday. I don't really need a bag to use everyday... so the Limelight GM is perfect for me. It holds SO much and it's so stylish. If I were you, I'd grab it before you regret not getting it! I know I regret not getting the Perle one!

Since you already have a limelight, I would hold off - a second limelight might not really add that much to your collection if you already have one that is rarely used !

^^ I concur, since you already own one I wouldn't bother getting it. I don't think it's worth $1500+ either, albeit stunning but definitely won't be a classic.

UPDATE:
I got the african queen limelight in the "purpley" color!! I am glad I did, the color is stunning!

Congrats! I saw it on 5th Ave earlier this week and thought it was fabulous. From the pics, I thought I wouldn't like the beads on it, but they really aren't as prominent IRL. I may "need" it too, even though I have the bronze (black) from last year. The color really is tdf.