African Queen Limelight??

Brutus1

O.G.
Oct 30, 2007
Ever since seeing the pictures of the african queen limelight in the metallic mauve I have been in LoVe!!! I saw it in person tonight at the 5th Ave store and love it even more! The problem is I am not sure it is worth $1500 + for the amount of use I can get out of it. I have the limelight pm in gold from last year and have only used that one a handful of times. I don't want to regret not buying it when it is sold out in a few months...

Advice??

Victoria2

Mar 28, 2008
Virginia
I think you should get it -- it's definitely not an "everyday" bag, and while you may not use it a lot in any given year, you'll have it forever. Even though it has the beads, I don't think it's as trendy as the other bags in the african queen group -- I think it will look great many years from now. The other good thing is it will look great w/jeans or a LBD.

OnMyMiNd04

~Boy Addicted to LV~
O.G.
Sep 3, 2007
tPF @ Louis Vuitton
If I had taken the opportunity to get the Perle Limelight when it was released in 2007... I would have used it nearly everyday. I don't really need a bag to use everyday... so the Limelight GM is perfect for me. It holds SO much and it's so stylish. If I were you, I'd grab it before you regret not getting it! I know I regret not getting the Perle one!

ayla

nyan nyan percent
O.G.
Oct 19, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Since you already have a limelight, I would hold off - a second limelight might not really add that much to your collection if you already have one that is rarely used !

kenzo89

Call me Kenny.
May 2, 2006
London, England
^^ I concur, since you already own one I wouldn't bother getting it. I don't think it's worth $1500+ either, albeit stunning but definitely won't be a classic.

sxcruz22

Shoe Addict.
Jul 6, 2008
i dont care for the beads but if you love it and stuff. Go for it, doesnt matter if you dont use it all the time, if it makes you happy its worth it.

Brutus1

O.G.
Oct 30, 2007
UPDATE:
I got the african queen limelight in the "purpley" color!! I am glad I did, the color is stunning!

UPDATE:
I got the african queen limelight in the "purpley" color!! I am glad I did, the color is stunning!
Congrats! I saw it on 5th Ave earlier this week and thought it was fabulous. From the pics, I thought I wouldn't like the beads on it, but they really aren't as prominent IRL. I may "need" it too, even though I have the bronze (black) from last year. The color really is tdf.