advice!!

lozzaa

O.G.
Jul 22, 2009
i am poised ready to treat my new oak nvt bays with clarks premium leather cream... it has been sprayed once last week when i got it. am i making a big mistake?? the fate of my bays rests in your hands! (dramatic)

If you've sprayed it why do you want to treat it with this cream as well?

I just spray mine. The only time I've put any kind of cream or nourisher on them is my Roxy because it was very dry.

I haven't moisturised my Mulberry ever since I got it almost 2 months ago. All I do is spray it liberately with Collonil Waterstop and that's it.
If it's brand new and you worry that the leather is a bit dull, don't worry, just wear it a lot until it softens up then now and then buff it with the dust bag, to blend the minor scratches etc. That's what I do with mine anyway and the leather has developed a slight sheen which I love. But mine is light NVT by the way.

I am trying to give my Oak NVT Bays a more aged and patinated look and recently used Clarks Premium on it. I have already polished it twice with Russell and Bromley The Finishing Touch and Collonilled it quite a lot with the hope of speeding up the ageing process.

The Clarks polish gave the leather a nice shine but it doesn't really look that much different after treatment. I don't think anything awful will happen to your bag if you do want to polish it.

I would suggest spraying it weekly with collonil for a couple of weeks and when dry buff it with the dustbag. I probably wouldn't use any cream on it yet - i tend to reserve that for old worn bags!

Related question (if that is ok?)

I'm getting a pre-loved bays from lovehandbags and it has some watermarks which they recommended I tried some cream/lotion to get it to blend in. Do I collonil spray it first, or cream then spray??

thank you so much for all your help! yeah i do just want to get a good patina on it so i don't have to baby it and constantly worry about the rain! in the end i did put some cream on it just to help the patina along.. personally, i find the cream has more of an effect on my chocolate bag.