advice!!

lozzaa

O.G.
Jul 22, 2009
i am poised ready to treat my new oak nvt bays with clarks premium leather cream... it has been sprayed once last week when i got it. am i making a big mistake?? the fate of my bays rests in your hands! (dramatic)

May 7, 2007
If you've sprayed it why do you want to treat it with this cream as well?

I just spray mine. The only time I've put any kind of cream or nourisher on them is my Roxy because it was very dry.

hulahoop

Hula O'Hoop
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
UK
^^^ I agree, if its new then I wouldnt have thought it would need treating at the moment, unless it is very dry?

lozzaa

O.G.
Jul 22, 2009
it just looks like it has been sitting in a warehouse for a while and needs to be bringtened up a bit? maybe a cloth would be better?

thank you for your help!!

Inem

O.G.
Jan 30, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
I haven't moisturised my Mulberry ever since I got it almost 2 months ago. All I do is spray it liberately with Collonil Waterstop and that's it.
If it's brand new and you worry that the leather is a bit dull, don't worry, just wear it a lot until it softens up then now and then buff it with the dust bag, to blend the minor scratches etc. That's what I do with mine anyway and the leather has developed a slight sheen which I love. But mine is light NVT by the way.

Jenova

Jul 15, 2007
UK
I am trying to give my Oak NVT Bays a more aged and patinated look and recently used Clarks Premium on it. I have already polished it twice with Russell and Bromley The Finishing Touch and Collonilled it quite a lot with the hope of speeding up the ageing process.

The Clarks polish gave the leather a nice shine but it doesn't really look that much different after treatment. I don't think anything awful will happen to your bag if you do want to polish it.

flyvetjo

Jo
O.G.
Jan 24, 2007
UK
I would suggest spraying it weekly with collonil for a couple of weeks and when dry buff it with the dustbag. I probably wouldn't use any cream on it yet - i tend to reserve that for old worn bags!

Aug 13, 2009
Norway
Related question (if that is ok?)

I'm getting a pre-loved bays from lovehandbags and it has some watermarks which they recommended I tried some cream/lotion to get it to blend in. Do I collonil spray it first, or cream then spray??

Sep 1, 2008
Melbourne, AU
I used Clarks cream on my new oak nvt bays. Like Jenove said it give it a bit more shine but didn't alter it so don't feel scared to use it! My bays looked a little dry before too.

lozzaa

O.G.
Jul 22, 2009
thank you so much for all your help! yeah i do just want to get a good patina on it so i don't have to baby it and constantly worry about the rain! in the end i did put some cream on it just to help the patina along.. personally, i find the cream has more of an effect on my chocolate bag.