Advice with SNAD claim

savvysgirl

Jul 22, 2008
Hello ladies,

I would be so grateful for some advice on a pair of shoes i have recently bought on ebay. I dont want to open a claim if it will end up being pointless. I have tried to reach an amicable agreement with the seller but she is not willing to accept the shoes back and refund me.

The shoes i was buying were stated as in 'very good condition' hence me clicking the BIN! However, they really arent.

* The suede is in a horrible state & is marked everywhere. It has even rubbed off completely in one area
* The interior is just filthy with dirt and staining (black and blue) She has made no attempt to clean them at all. I'm not even sure it can be cleaned and removed?
* The right heel cap is twisted and needs altering
* The left shoe actually stands to the left, not straight, which is also noticable when they are on the foot. My foot tilts to the left!
* The red behind the heels are basically sprayed black from the suede treatment (not a real problem but annoying!)

She has said she wont refund as they were not listed as new but they are definitely not in the very good condition she stated in her listing. She feels they are in very good condition as she had them sent off to have the suede cleaned and the soles repainted.

Would you SNAD or accept the problems? I paid 134 GBP inc postage (which she overcharged & and sent in what appeares to be a black bag!)

I also forgot to mention that i currently have a non receipt claim open as a pair of shoes i won in the US a month ago havent been received and nor have i had any contact with the seller as she hasnt replied to my msgs. Will this affect me SNAD claim? I feel like im having such a bad time on ebay recently as the last 5 purchases i have made have been cr*p!

Last edited:
They sound horrible... :s

I'd file the SNAD, if I were you.

eBay/PP understand that, sometimes, you can have a real run of bad luck and I don't think they'll object to two disputes at the same time, at all.

I'm sorry Savvy. I actually went through something similar.

I contacted the seller pointing out a major flaw that wasn't disclosed. I took clear pics and uploaded the pics to an online album and sent the link in the ebay messages. Seller still wasn't budging.

As soon as I opened a SNAD claim and had the link of the album in the claim, she FINALLY worked with me to come up with a resolution.

I was hoping the SNAD claim could have been avoided.

If the seller is uncooperative and you truly believe the item was significantly not as described, you should open an eBay or PayPal claim. The odds are in your favor for this one; cases are usually decided in favor of the buyer.

T, I guess it all depends on how much of that stuff you could see in the photos. I'm guessing that most of that wasn't visible by how appalled you are though!! I would go for the SNAD if, when going back and checking out the auction in depth, you do not see any photos or description that disclose the wear.

Thank you for the replies. I did go ahead and open a dispute and it was escalated so she has no intention of refunding my payment without a fight. She has responded to paypal but i dont think i can see what she has said can i? I will post some piccies tomorrow!

inspiredgem, there was only one picture in the listing but as she stated very good condition i thought i'd risk it.

Meggy, can you tell im appalled? LOL! I'm so mad!!! They are honestly the most disgusting pair i have received in my years of buying shoes on ebay. I dont like to buy used shoes anyway but describing them as 'very good condition' i atleast thought they had been wiped clean inside!

I really do hope paypal decide in my favour. They are just gross IMO. She did have the sole painted and suede cleaned before the sale but its clear the suede has been sprayed as its on the red aswell. That should have been in the description too!!!

If it's already been escalated and it's waiting for paypal's decision, I would suggest calling paypal. I hate the waiting game so whenever I call. They will decide right then. If they need further evidence, ask them if you can submit a link to pics.

well, this was certainly in your favor and rightfully so,

hope that your seller learns how to describe things properly and another

buyer won't have to be subjected to her inaccurate descriptions..

Yay Savvy! I'm glad it worked out for you! :yahoo:

Could you please PM me the seller's eBay ID so I can make sure I never do business with them? Clearly their idea of 'very good condition' is somewhat distorted. :weird: