Advice please....H story of my life, unexpected H. offer, B in Etain phw...yes or no?

Hi all,

A bit late, but I think it's time to update this thread :yes:.
Hope everyone had a great start of 2017.
As for me, it was a great start, but I am locked somewhere on Ban Island right now :graucho:.

So what happened? After reading all the comments (and thank you everyone for the pictures, that was very helpful too) in this thread, I already had a feeling that I would move to Ban Island soon.
I thought hard about it and decided to make a lightning fast visit to the boutique on the day of new year's eve (the things we do for H. right :P).

At the boutique, things became more difficult when they also showed me an Etain Kelly with ghw. That was beautiful toooo :love:! I even had the choice for Blue Paon and Gris Mouette, but my heart was set on Etain, so I didn't bother to have a look at the other two options.
But choosing between the Etain B and K was quite a challenge that day. Maybe it was because I was really tired, but I just couldn't make up my mind. Etain B phw vs Etain K ghw. Etain is a great neutral and it is one of the colors that looks great with either hardware, phw or ghw.
While I was looking at myself in the mirror with the K in one hand and the B in the other hand, I noticed a group of three was staring at me. And they kept staring and circling in the boutique.
It was a small boutique, so one could easily see if someone was looking at a B or K as there wasn't a special place for that in the boutique.
Turned out that this group of three tried everything to get at least one of the bags I was looking at. They approached every SA in the boutique and at the end they even approached me, but they got interrupted by the SA who was helping me, and they were told that their behavior was not appreciated at all. And that was the end of the tiny drama....

In the meantime, I was still trying to decide and finally made up my mind :cool:.

Anyone wants to see?

Attachments

• ebeb1.jpg
    ebeb1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 605
Hi all,

A bit late, but I think it's time to update this thread :yes:.
Hope everyone had a great start of 2017.
As for me, it was a great start, but I am locked somewhere on Ban Island right now :graucho:.

So what happened? After reading all the comments (and thank you everyone for the pictures, that was very helpful too) in this thread, I already had a feeling that I would move to Ban Island soon.
I thought hard about it and decided to make a lightning fast visit to the boutique on the day of new year's eve (the things we do for H. right :P).

At the boutique, things became more difficult when they also showed me an Etain Kelly with ghw. That was beautiful toooo :love:! I even had the choice for Blue Paon and Gris Mouette, but my heart was set on Etain, so I didn't bother to have a look at the other two options.
But choosing between the Etain B and K was quite a challenge that day. Maybe it was because I was really tired, but I just couldn't make up my mind. Etain B phw vs Etain K ghw. Etain is a great neutral and it is one of the colors that looks great with either hardware, phw or ghw.
While I was looking at myself in the mirror with the K in one hand and the B in the other hand, I noticed a group of three was staring at me. And they kept staring and circling in the boutique.
It was a small boutique, so one could easily see if someone was looking at a B or K as there wasn't a special place for that in the boutique.
Turned out that this group of three tried everything to get at least one of the bags I was looking at. They approached every SA in the boutique and at the end they even approached me, but they got interrupted by the SA who was helping me, and they were told that their behavior was not appreciated at all. And that was the end of the tiny drama....

In the meantime, I was still trying to decide and finally made up my mind :cool:.

Anyone wants to see?

Can't wait to see. CONGRATS either way!! Etain is AMAZING.

Reactions: **Chanel**
Thank you for joining this live reveal, everyone :smile:.

Back to the last day of 2016....
I paid for my new bag and there I went, on the way back home. Totally exhausted but happy, I arrived back home just in time.
A great way to celebrate the start of 2017.
And a few days later, I came to my senses and knew I made the right decision.

This bag is definitely one of my favorites now. So easy to mix and match, a perfect neutral! I am really pleased with it and very 'H'appppyyyy :love::yahoo:. And somehow, I just think it was meant to be. The whole story, the call after 5 years....it was simply an offer too good to refuse. I love purchases with a story, and this bag definitely has one now.

May I present; Mr Miracle Etain 30 B in Togo phw.....the Togo looks perfect and the smell of this one seems even more delicious than my other B's. This Birkin makes me smile when I look at it, I am in loooooovvvvveeee :hbeat::loveeyes::heart:! While I would love another K in the future, I really wanted a darker neutral 30 B this time and I just love the look of Etain with phw.
It looks better than on my pics, Etain is really a very nice neutral. I can even see a tinge of lilac in it.
We have dark and rainy weather here atm but once the weather gets more sunny, I might make some more pics and share them in this thread.

Thank you once again for the advice everyone, I am really happy that I didn't turn this B down.

Bad thing....when I was looking on the Bay to see more pictures of Etain, I saw a couple Etain B's with phw and an Olga charm. And now I kind of like that Olga charm but I think it won't be easy to find one. And I am supposed to be on Ban Island.
But that never really works, does it :biggrin:?

Thank you for letting me share and have a great remaining weekend!

Attachments

• ebeb3i1.jpg
    ebeb3i1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 626
many congratulations on your new b. it's a great neutral!! i realise more and more i like the look of the K but i use the B more.. i had to smile at that circling sharks drama which is rather common nowadays in most H stores unfortunately... enjoy using your etain B!