Advice on cervo loop

Kayka

Apr 9, 2015
Hi gorgeous BV owners. I’ve been admiring your bags for a long time but haven’t bitten the bullet yet as far as buying a Bottega Veneta bag.
I think I have fallen in love with the cervo loop or rather with your photos of it as I haven’t seen the bag irl :smile:
It looks absolutely beautiful but I’m wondering how practical it is. Is it heavy? Is it difficult to find things in it? How much fits inside? Any advice and/ or photos will be greatly appreciated!

Hi gorgeous BV owners. I’ve been admiring your bags for a long time but haven’t bitten the bullet yet as far as buying a Bottega Veneta bag.
I think I have fallen in love with the cervo loop or rather with your photos of it as I haven’t seen the bag irl :smile:
It looks absolutely beautiful but I’m wondering how practical it is. Is it heavy? Is it difficult to find things in it? How much fits inside? Any advice and/ or photos will be greatly appreciated!
in the Ref Library you can find a comparison i did with a few bags inc Loop, you can see what fits in and how it looks filled up.
as for ease finding stuff in it, it's very personal thing, i don't have any problem, i use pouches and can dig out any of my items without even looking inside the bag. Bag is very light, and handle well in place and does not slip off.

Reactions: Kayka
As others have written there are two sizes. Both are generous and can hold quite a bit. The original larger size is huge and could be stuffed full with even a jacket. The more popular smaller size won’t hold a lap top but it’s very roomy. Access-wise the newer size is just a wee bit harder to get into IMO. Because the bag folds in on itself when worn (that’s why even though the large is big, it doesn’t wear big): it can make teaching in just a hair awkward. By no means is accessibility an issue, I’m just being really picky.

Re weight, it’s the probably the lightest large bag BV makes and is possibly one of the lightest bags out there.

Re practicality, the Cervo Loop is a really easy bag to use. It’s not the best choice for the office because it has a casual vibe to it. I’ve tried mine with work dresses and it just looks a bit out of place. You’ve got a better shot at wearing it to the office with pants.

What color and size are you oonsidering?

in the Ref Library you can find a comparison i did with a few bags inc Loop, you can see what fits in and how it looks filled up.
as for ease finding stuff in it, it's very personal thing, i don't have any problem, i use pouches and can dig out any of my items without even looking inside the bag. Bag is very light, and handle well in place and does not slip off.
Thanks so much for your reply! I couldn’t find the post that you mentioned! I keep my things in pouches too so shouldn’t be a problem. Good you mention the handle and that it doesn’t slip off. Very important and I forgot to ask.
By the way is this photo yours? I found it on purse forum a while back and downloaded it to my phone. Have been staring at it all the time . Gorgeous

Attachments

• 863811B9-1426-4AD7-8A0C-B016DF95F5E2.jpeg
    863811B9-1426-4AD7-8A0C-B016DF95F5E2.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 365
As others have written there are two sizes. Both are generous and can hold quite a bit. The original larger size is huge and could be stuffed full with even a jacket. The more popular smaller size won’t hold a lap top but it’s very roomy. Access-wise the newer size is just a wee bit harder to get into IMO. Because the bag folds in on itself when worn (that’s why even though the large is big, it doesn’t wear big): it can make teaching in just a hair awkward. By no means is accessibility an issue, I’m just being really picky.

Re weight, it’s the probably the lightest large bag BV makes and is possibly one of the lightest bags out there.

Re practicality, the Cervo Loop is a really easy bag to use. It’s not the best choice for the office because it has a casual vibe to it. I’ve tried mine with work dresses and it just looks a bit out of place. You’ve got a better shot at wearing it to the office with pants.

What color and size are you oonsidering?
Thanks for such a detailed reply. I’m thinking of the black colour and I think in the smaller size. Didn’t know they make 2 sizes. The local online shop has only one so I’m not sure which one it is.
My style is very casual so it could be perfect for me!
This is the online photo. Do you think it’s the smaller one?

Attachments

• 706BCCEB-8A57-486F-96B6-5C70348EA86F.jpeg
    706BCCEB-8A57-486F-96B6-5C70348EA86F.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 363
  • A14E5078-7AD3-4E26-9373-4AC5496825BC.png
    A14E5078-7AD3-4E26-9373-4AC5496825BC.png
    210.4 KB · Views: 359
Thanks so much for your reply! I couldn’t find the post that you mentioned! I keep my things in pouches too so shouldn’t be a problem. Good you mention the handle and that it doesn’t slip off. Very important and I forgot to ask.
By the way is this photo yours? I found it on purse forum a while back and downloaded it to my phone. Have been staring at it all the time . Gorgeous
no it's not, i think it's @tenKrat 's if my memory serves me right :angel:
i will tag you in my thread

One more comment.......unless you fill the larger size your contents fall to the middle and it becomes heavy on your shoulder and looks like saggy balls to me......your contents in the medium stay more equally distributed and feels far lighter when you carry it.

One more comment.......unless you fill the larger size your contents fall to the middle and it becomes heavy on your shoulder and looks like saggy balls to me......your contents in the medium stay more equally distributed and feels far lighter when you carry it.
Great point! Thanks!
Saggy balls you made my day x

Chiming in with my 2cents =D

I am a big fan of this bag. Took me sore time Before I decide but once I do it, this has easily become my most use BV. It is light, fits a lot but does not look bulky. I also use it a lot when I travel - it is easily packable (you can fold it and fit it inside a large LC), the strap stays on your shoulder when you try to reach inside, the depth is just right for me so I can find my things without taking it off my shoulder (usually I put passport inside the pocket).

And, whilst people can see that it is great quality leather and craftsmanship, it is very understated. This one is personal - for me it is important as that is usually how I dress, and for work, there are certain occasions where I want to be very understated.

Chiming in with my 2cents =D

I am a big fan of this bag. Took me sore time Before I decide but once I do it, this has easily become my most use BV. It is light, fits a lot but does not look bulky. I also use it a lot when I travel - it is easily packable (you can fold it and fit it inside a large LC), the strap stays on your shoulder when you try to reach inside, the depth is just right for me so I can find my things without taking it off my shoulder (usually I put passport inside the pocket).

And, whilst people can see that it is great quality leather and craftsmanship, it is very understated. This one is personal - for me it is important as that is usually how I dress, and for work, there are certain occasions where I want to be very understated.

Wow, that’s a great review! The understatement is a good point as I have many Lv and ysl bags that are too flashy fot some occasions:smile:
Is your bag the smaller or the bigger size?

Reactions: Phiomega

This is my photo :biggrin:. I am glad you are enjoying it!

As far as the bag, it is by far the best bag I have ever owned. As others have very well said, it is light, understated, elegant, easy to carry, easy to find things inside, molds to your body. I can't say enough good things about this gorgeous, practical bag. I hope you get yours soon! You won't regret it:heart:

Reactions: ksuromax and Kayka