adding strap to speedy

I got my Speedy in 2010 - Speedy B didnt even exist back then ;) so I got a strap, put it on the hardware and left it on there ever since. Honestly, I love it and i don't mind the way it looks. Of course Speedy B is a great option, but it wasnt for me and I am totally fine "my" way.

Personally, I dont think it looks of and since then no damage happened. Speedy B looks simply a little different, and I am going to get a Speedy B when I am getting a Mono 35! But my Azur 25 is perfect the way it is.

Let me show you two pics:

I got my Speedy in 2010 - Speedy B didnt even exist back then ;) so I got a strap, put it on the hardware and left it on there ever since. Honestly, I love it and i don't mind the way it looks. Of course Speedy B is a great option, but it wasnt for me and I am totally fine "my" way.

Personally, I dont think it looks of and since then no damage happened. Speedy B looks simply a little different, and I am going to get a Speedy B when I am getting a Mono 35! But my Azur 25 is perfect the way it is.

I think for a 25 it would work out... but a 35 would be way too heavy.

I see people adding a strap to their regular Speedys as well, I guess it's okay for a 25, maybe 30, but 35 is too big for a strap clipping on the handle. I do believe it will damage the bag eventually as it's much bigger than the 25 and the weight will put way too much pressure on the handles....

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

There are plenty of people who do it without issues. I'd have no problem using a strap on a regular speedy for a rare occasion but I wouldn't do it on a daily basis. I have a Speedy B 35 and even though I keep the shoulder strap on it all the time, I use it so infrequently that a strap on a regular speedy would have worked just as well.

Woo, I really like your patina on your speedy. And you wear it so nicely!!

I agree, maybe you could use the strap on a 25. The bags are not built, re inforsed to put a strap on.
My SA says it could rip. Just not worth it.

+1

No it's not worth it...I had my first speedy in the mid-eighties. At that time alot of people used the Mono long strap with no support on the sides of the bag. Mine began to split the canvas where the strap hooks to the bag. Of course LV wouldn't touch it as they won't fix canvas...I even took it to a leather/shoe repair shop...And they said it couldn't be fixed. I now have the Speedy Bs in all prints...Lesson learned ;)

Im thinking of doing this too with my regular batignolles but scared of doing some damage to the hardware or canvas because of the pull especially with the weight of the content

The D ring inside of the bag? Clips for a strap wouldn't even fit there.
If you want to use a strap, buy the bandoliere.
The only place that you could attach a strap on a regular speedy is by the handles, but it's not recommended since it will damage the bag.