Acne Scarring - What to buy in Sephora!

May 1, 2006
I want to use my VIB gift card, and I have a store credit to use, so I'm looking at something I can buy at Sephora for acne scarring.

Right now my skincare regime (cleanser/toner) is mainly Mario Badescu and I use the Clarisonic plus. I moisturize with either Dr. Jart Premium Beauty Balm or Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (daytime) and/or Philosophy Hope in a Jar (night time).

Anything I could pick up in Sephora that may work for the acne scars (mainly on chin!). Thanks!

DDF's Brightening Cleanser. My skin scars easily from acne, and every time they get really bad I pull it out and use it twice a day for two weeks and they basically disappear. I use it with my Clarisonic, it doesn't foam too much and works great. Make sure you use sunscreen - it has alpha hydroxy acid (AHA). The bottle is expensive but it lasts forever, I've been using the same bottle (on and off) for almost a year and there's still 40% left.

cheetah_pita said:
DDF's Brightening Cleanser. My skin scars easily from acne, and every time they get really bad I pull it out and use it twice a day for two weeks and they basically disappear. I use it with my Clarisonic, it doesn't foam too much and works great. Make sure you use sunscreen - it has alpha hydroxy acid (AHA). The bottle is expensive but it lasts forever, I've been using the same bottle (on and off) for almost a year and there's still 40% left.

The DDF Brightening Cleanser made me break out.

I think topical creams/gels that you can buy in stores like Sephora only have very limited results. Why not see a dermatologist? They have acne scarring lazer removal, and even though it's a little pricier, the results are much more significant than anything you can find at Sephora.

a better hydroquinone alternative is arbutin or kojic acid.

but if it's scaring, no over the counter cream or product will help, because the scar has set. If it's a newish scar (still pink or red) you can start to apply vitamin E oil to help.

honestly a peel is your best option for scar removal. they can be done at home easily and don't cost much. i get mine from makeupartistschoice. from sephora though, i have heard good things about mario badescu whitening mask.

My skin is very very prone to acne scars. I scar from almost every pimple that I have even when it's a full blown whitehead.

I bought the REN clear-calm serum from Sephora and I've been seeing good results from it. It's made to work in conjunction with your already existing acne regime. I also use a Vitamin C serum to fade the scars, and exfoliate once or twice a week to help "peel" the darker skin off.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P265703&categoryId=B70

What about the product from Clinique that promises to fade scars and spots. Don't remember the name, but I was thinking of trying that also since I have acne scars on my chin too.

What about the product from Clinique that promises to fade scars and spots. Don't remember the name, but I was thinking of trying that also since I have acne scars on my chin too.

Every review I've read on that isn't very promising. Ultimately I think you need something stronger, but I'm not an expert. And remember, ALWAYS wear a broad spectrum SPF everyday (prevention is the biggest key).

I think topical creams/gels that you can buy in stores like Sephora only have very limited results. Why not see a dermatologist? They have acne scarring lazer removal, and even though it's a little pricier, the results are much more significant than anything you can find at Sephora.

I agree. The prescription creams and antibiotics that my dermatologist has prescribed me have been more effective than any OTC cream. I would recommend a chemical peel, Fraxel laser treatment, or Tazorac cream. On a side note, I have been on prescription retinoid creams including Ziana and Taz to treat my acne. Although my skin has gone through a purging process where the underlying pimples came up to the surface, using the retinoid creams has helped fade some of the hyperpigmentation and redness left by past acne. Hope this helps!