Accident at the Groomers!!

OH MY GOODNESS!! i hope everything is OK.. def make sure they front the bill!! poor puppy!!! awww.. my yorkie got his ear snipped at a groomers once.. grr!! i know how you feel you must be so frightened!

annemerrick said:
Hi toiletduck...I am also in HK...my friend has a vet that makes house calls, would you like me to get you that information????

thanks so much for offering! where does he makes housecalls to? i don't think there's a need for immediate vet care yet. i will be monitoring Dookie very carefully and if he's still not well tomorrow i will def. take him to see a vet.

could you please PM me the vet's information? THANKS!!

and thank you everyone for your comments... i can't believe they'd BURN your baby for surgery!! :rant:

ok..i couldn't stand the sad look on Dookie's face so i brought him to the vet. after she cleaned the wound, we realized that it was much bigger than we thought. turns out, the skin was clipped off and the muscle/tissue is now exposed. the patch is about the size of a quarter and that's quite big on a 5.5 lbs dog!! it's also a little infected...it's quite gross.

anyway, she suggested that we clean the wound 2 times a day and give him antibiotics and stuff for the pain. if it doesn't start healing in a few days, he'll need to go under and have the extra skin cut off, and stiched back together.

i took the bill to the groomers and they paid the whole thing and apologized some more. even though i'm sure it was an honest mistake, i'm NEVER going back there again!

I'm glad to hear that they were responsible enough to pay the bill for you! That sounds like quite the cut, I can't believe it was that deep!
*big hugs to Dookie*

:wtf: I am so sorry that happened to your poor Dookie! I would be so :censor: pissed if something like that happened to one of my babies. I am glad to hear that everything has been taken care of on the groomers end. I wish the best recovery for your fur baby!

I am so glad the groomer paid the bill. I wouldn't go back there either, though.

A similar thing happened to one of our dogs, and the groomer didn't acknowledge the injury. We have since found a better groomer, and our pup has gotten over her fear of groomers. It did take awhile, but now she actually likes her groomer!

Hugs to little Dookie!

Oh no...my heart broke a little when I read what happened to your baby! Thankfully you are a caring mom and got him help right away...you did the right thing.

Please, keep us posted on how your little guy is feeling, I know I'd be so upset if it were one of my cats.

aw im so sorry!! the poor thing. hope it doesnt have to go to the extreme! keep us posted! if anyone did that to my little westie, i would be sooo pissed! but good for you for being level headed and thats great the the groomers owned up to this.