Abandoning LV this Spring???

hellllllll no. i get frusterated when people say they're switching designers because they didn't like the collection that season. so effing what? not everyone is going to be happy with what comes out, but that doesn't mean the next collection won't knock your socks off. you never know. i did not like the cerises line, but that didn't mean i was going to stop liking LV or switch designers. there is plenty of stuff they come out with that i don't like, and plenty that i do. personally, i know i am an LV girl for life because i just don't feel the same excitement about other designer purchases as i do about LV. i bought an expensive gucci bag a few weeks ago, and sure i was excited about it for a couple days, but then i was over it. when i get something new LV, i stare at it. and stare at it, and stare at it. and then i smile at it. i'm excited over it for a loooonggg time. until i find something else that's a must-have by LV and then it becomes my mission to get my hands on one.

when all is said and done, if you've loved LV and say you're switching designers just because you don't like any of the designs this spring, hold your horses. don't be surprised when something comes out this fall and you have to have it. then we'll see who will be "switching" back.

Yes but at a certain point you just get tired of Lv when you have everything you want!

I will wait...
To buy bags is not a MUST, when there will be one I like, I will have spared more money! Perhaps this autumn I will have the possibility to buy a new bag (IF there will be one that I like) and also an accessoire!
Or I will find something old on e-bay that finally I could buy!
:yes: Stephanie.

I don't have to purchase a new piece every season, so it won't bother me if some seasons the collection looks like someone had a mental fit (imo).
It's cool that not everybody likes the same stuff!
That said, I am seriously jonesing for a piece of pomme d'amour!

I'm definitely considering a diversion from LV atm....but it's not so much because of the spring collection, but more that I can't seem to find the perfect little black bag from them. :shrugs:

Soooo....may run over to Chanel too (only this once though! :true:smile:!

I still could use some "essential pieces", and the LV accessoires are still THE BEST. However, if there's one brand I'm jumping to it's either YSL for their denim bag or to bottega veneta. Allthough I don't really like the design that much and allthough I prefer french wares. ;)

Im never into the new lines or the LEs......I just love the classsic styles in the Damies so its easier for me....I dont like any of the other designers...even though I even tried to buy Hermes since its considered the next best thing....its just not practical even though its beautiful....

Im into special orders from now on....:love:

Although I recently got into LV...I'm thinking about jumping over to Burberry and...Balenciaga...:shame:

I still want a few things from the existing collection, but I know that'll mean cutting down on my current LV collection. So far, I can think of 2 bags I'm ready to let go of...

As much as it pains me, I may be jumping ship this Spring/Summer but I don't know where. I would really like to add a Paddington to my collection or a Chanel tote. :shrugs:

I'm really hoping for something grey, and I saw a pic in the Celebrity Thread of a grey denim bag, so I don't know. :shrugs:

I had the same assumptions as you before i made the switch over to Chanel, but really it is fairly on par. The way I see it, is you are paying for an actual leather bag, instead of canvas (mon, damier etc) so in my purse obsessed rational, it makes perfect sense!
SO true about paying for an actual leather bag!!!!! However, I do think Chanel is considerably more expensive than LV.