A Warning to Sellers About USPS

My postlady was so lazy she used to leave all my packages on top of the mailbox instead of bringing them to the door. I immediately called the postoffice and asked for the manager and reported her. She hasnt done it since and She never leaves a package at my front door if it has to be signed for. I am happy about that. We get windy days too and had they blown down the street, it would have been war with me and the post office.

I also reported her again when I would be at home and she wouldnt knock, she just leave a note in my mailbox that i wasn't at home. LAZY!

Needless to say, she is now very good to me and even ask to use my bathroom every once in awhile. She now undertands how I feel and is very nice and follows the rules, which I expect. I'm not a *****, but when I have expensive items coming, I expect them to do their job!
HA! You sound just like me!!! My mail carrier usually does this too(puts the slip in the box instead of ringing the door bell--that is if she puts it in the right box!!! Normally my neighbors and I end up swapping mail constantly because she always mixes our mail up. And today I had an expensive package coming from USPS...and she just decided not to deliver it OR leave a slip...all day I was worried she'd delivered it to one of my neighbors (mind you I don't know ALL of my neighbors, so I was hoping if she did they would be honest. I called to complain, and the lady who answered the phone was accusing ME of being wrong! She didn't take me seriously and was very rude. Finally the lady came back and delivered it. Oy! What a nightmare!!! You know I work w/ the public as well, and would NEVER treat a customer rudely, and if I make a mistake I take responsibility for it and try to make it right. My parents have an awesome mail carrier, I wish they could all be like him!

Sorry, I had a bad day, I just had to rant and didn't want to start a new thread!

I was specifically referring to the USPS as was the OP. However, I have had fedex leave packages on my doorstep that required a sig. It happens. The fact is people in general are just LAZY and more than ever it seems. They don't scan the tickets, they don't come to the door, can't even ring the bell, etc, etc. Also you have bad apples, people that work for the companies. It happens. I cross my fingers everytime I ship something.

I also have stopped shipping USPS priority, the prices are ridiculous now especially if your box exceeds the limit....:cursing: The last time was the last time. I now ship everything fedex ground and gosh, wish I would have made the switch sooner.

I will say that UPS does not guarantee a signature unless you pay for it and most people don't know this. If you want to guarantee that UPS gets a signature (even if insured) you must pay $4.25 for this. Simply NOT checking the "signature waiver section" online does NOT guarantee they will get you a signature.

I am not sure if it is the same for FedEX.

I had this exact thing happen to me on several high dollar items. I thought for sure I'd have to go to the post office to pick them up because no one was home but low and behold, they were left on the porch (even though the packages clearly were marked for signature confirmation). Not only that, the online delivery said that they were signed by me!!! Uh...no, I wasn't even home.

I checked online the delivery status and they allow you to see a copy of the signature that was scanned. Big surprise, didn't even look like mine. I usually have quite a bit of patience but the liability involved for me as a buyer and the liability of the sellers put my anger over the edge. I emailed USPS and they were very helpful. The supervisor of the post office for my area contacted me and resolved the issue within a couple days.

There's a link on the USPS website and they have always been great. I recommend sending them an email- not only are they not delivering a service that was paid for but if they're signing for your packages it's mail fraud. :nono:

I am so fed up with USPS at the moment. They just lost an expensive package of mine. The tracking says that it was delivered, but it never was. I checked with my neighbors, and none of them received it either. I also asked the guys at the postal office to double check to see if it was in holding...NOPE!
There was no signature confirmation required, so it could have been left outside and then stolen....but it now seems that if my friend had put the sig. confirmation, that it wouldn't have made a difference!

One thing I have noticed... USPS outsources alot of the delivery people. We live in the country. The people who deliver our mail drive their own private vehicles. The don't work for USPS. They work for some company hired by USPS to deliver mail. Our mailbox is across the street. I have found packages hanging on the mailbox in a plastic bag.. OR... in 50 MPH wind, lying by the road. If the package won't fit in the mailbox, they don't care. They DO NOT "porch deliver". Anything that I WANT delivered goes to my office in town.... where USPS still delivers the mail "in uniform, by hand" by it's own employees.

My SO signed for one of my packages last week, and I tracked it again it said it was signed for by "D OOD". lol .. that is not his name... not even close! But I guess they got the "dude" part right.

Your item was delivered at 10:50 AM on March 30, 2009 in xxxx. The item was signed for by D OOD