A sweet dilemma - Chanel Cerf Tote or LV Passy GM

If both: Cerf in off-white and Passy in black. If one, skip LV, and go for the executive. I think it probably would fit a laptop and documents better as well, after all I'd like to think that was the intent of the bags design. Good luck!

These are both classic bags and you won't go wrong with either of them.
Happy shopping!

I would go with the white LV and the black Chanel. If you're only getting one, I would still go with the white LV. The leather on the LV bag is really heavy duty and is easy to clean. The Chanel is a little boring for my taste!

I would decide based on how hard on the bag I would be. I love both bags, and lean towards Chanel, but the Passy is just gorgeous and Epi wears so well - I use epi as my go-to even when it's raining.

If you aren't hard on bags, go Chanel. If you are going to travel a lot, I'd go with the Passy.

No matter what you choose, you're going to end up with a gorgy bag!!

OMG! I'm currently debating the same 2 bags myself!!! I've been collecting LVs for over a decade, but I've decided to go with the Chanel cerf tote.

The passy is not a classic LV style, and my husband was told yesterday in the LV boutique that the Passy is being discontinued. If I'm going to spend $2K on a bag, I want it to be a classic. Classic styles stay around for a reason.

If you do a search on tPF about the passy and cerf, people LOVE their cerf tote. There are mixed reviews on the passy.

In terms of color, the black cerf tote will be a classic that will last a lifetime! Good luck with your decision!

I would go with the white LV and the black Chanel. If you're only getting one, I would still go with the white LV. The leather on the LV bag is really heavy duty and is easy to clean. The Chanel is a little boring for my taste!
This. I actually have a cream Cerf and a black epi Bourget City (exchanged a Passy for it), and I'm always a little nervous about carrying the Cerf around because of the color. Sure, I can always get the cerf refinished, but epi is appallingly durable, which makes it a better choice for lighter colors.

I own a black Cerf tote and I carry it to work with me every day. It's an understated and classic tote, it can fit and take a lot. Best investment ever.