A slow reveal...

I'm wondering if aquamarine has less pointy culets or if it's cut flatter so it doesn't stick out as much? I'd absolutely love to keep this one because my husband picked it after careful consideration.

The pain is not terrible but noticeable. Somewhat like baby ants nipping.
Taking pictures of a cutlet is harder than it looks :P . Hopefully you can see it. It only sticks out a little. I definitely understand the disappointment. :hugs:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Love
Reactions: mewt
Taking pictures of a cutlet is harder than it looks :P . Hopefully you can see it. It only sticks out a little. I definitely understand the disappointment. :hugs:
You're very kind to take such a helpful photo! That made me curious about it too, and I found out the diamonds are not equally pointy...!

Here's the worst offender against another. Perhaps instead of exchanging I can just get the worst offender swapped out for a flatter melee!! :biggrin:

4DA177F7-7463-410D-9EBE-4B5E2F3A4BAD.jpeg

You're very kind to take such a helpful photo! That made me curious about it too, and I found out the diamonds are not equally pointy...!

Here's the worst offender against another. Perhaps instead of exchanging I can just get the worst offender swapped out for a flatter melee!! :biggrin:

View attachment 4909914
That’s sounds like a reasonable request! Email the sales associate and see what is suggested

I'm going to tough it out for another week to see if it still bothers me. I know I'd absolutely regret it if exchanged for anything else, because I really do love everything else about it.

The way it hangs off just a bit, and how it fits in with my most casual outfits. It was honestly not what I'd choose myself but I'm so glad he picked it!

Sorry slightly obsessed snapping pics of arm everywhere xD (feel free to share more pics of yours as well!)

31435C01-1EBA-4695-B569-76F3C73FCDB1.jpeg
D6384417-CB9A-4F28-A3E5-8DC169188519.jpeg

And one more pic in sunlight because damn if it isn't sparkling with all the colors!
E0CE2398-4C08-444E-8CD3-FE00BA86DFF0.jpeg

Last edited:
I have 5 DBTY bracelets and the one with the largest stones poke my arm the most. I don’t feel it at all with the other 4 bracelets. I was not used to the 20 stones poking in the beginning but I got used to it. Your bracelet looks stunning on you, give it more time and you will get used to it.

I really do like the diamonds by the yard collection. I had a bracelet just like yours. I gifted it to my niece a few years ago. It's a beauty.

See if you get used to it. I remember mine poking me, but it didn't bother me.

I have 5 DBTY bracelets and the one with the largest stones poke my arm the most. I don’t feel it at all with the other 4 bracelets. I was not used to the 20 stones poking in the beginning but I got used to it. Your bracelet looks stunning on you, give it more time and you will get used to it.
Thanks for your help earlier too! I took your advice since I wanted to wear it 24/7. Which DBTY of yours is your favorite?

I really do like the diamonds by the yard collection. I had a bracelet just like yours. I gifted it to my niece a few years ago. It's a beauty.

See if you get used to it. I remember mine poking me, but it didn't bother me.
What a lucky niece! :flowers: Such a classic piece to get as a gift.

I tried tying a piece of string under the most offensive diamond, and it didn't bother me all day!!
2D1660B0-E2A1-439A-9BD4-8F5D065B028E.jpeg

Then as soon as I took off the string at night, it started nipping, so I used a magnifying glass and I think I found the problem!!

12BEFC35-34CB-43EB-BBEA-5C23B9E5EACA.jpeg

The pokey diamond is set slightly tilted, and lower than the others.

SA said they can add a backing to the diamonds, the same they do for DBTY necklaces, but seeing how much the bracelet flips I think it would ruin the design. I hope they'll be able to just readjust this one diamond for me!

Otherwise I'm completely in love with this bracelet, how light and sparkly it is. Luckily I don't like layering otherwise I'd have a DBTY problem! :nuts: Very addictive line.

• Love
Reactions: 880
Thanks for your help earlier too! I took your advice since I wanted to wear it 24/7. Which DBTY of yours is your favorite?

What a lucky niece! :flowers: Such a classic piece to get as a gift.

I tried tying a piece of string under the most offensive diamond, and it didn't bother me all day!!
View attachment 4911257

Then as soon as I took off the string at night, it started nipping, so I used a magnifying glass and I think I found the problem!!

View attachment 4911267

The pokey diamond is set slightly tilted, and lower than the others.

SA said they can add a backing to the diamonds, the same they do for DBTY necklaces, but seeing how much the bracelet flips I think it would ruin the design. I hope they'll be able to just readjust this one diamond for me!

Otherwise I'm completely in love with this bracelet, how light and sparkly it is. Luckily I don't like layering otherwise I'd have a DBTY problem! :nuts: Very addictive line.
It looks fabulous on you and am so glad the SA can help with it! You have a DH with great taste!

I hope your SA can fix that stone for you. Don’t put a basket on it as you want every bezel to look the same.

Here are my DBTY bracelets. My favorite is the twenty stone one but I don’t wear it as much as the other four. I wear the four pretty much 247.

Attachments

• B08576DD-70E0-44AE-A409-00E8E0F31999.jpeg
    B08576DD-70E0-44AE-A409-00E8E0F31999.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 70
  • F859CDAD-F15E-45B9-B133-876985E3DE73.jpeg
    F859CDAD-F15E-45B9-B133-876985E3DE73.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 69
Hello Mewt! Sorry to bump this thread, but I was wondering if Tiffany was able to fix the stone for you? I have received the exact same bracelet, but the bezel on one diamond is a little bit crooked.

Hello Mewt! Sorry to bump this thread, but I was wondering if Tiffany was able to fix the stone for you? I have received the exact same bracelet, but the bezel on one diamond is a little bit crooked.
After I complained, the store manager took it quite seriously. I was offered the chance to exchange for a rose gold version (fatter bezels), or to send to NY for assessment (either add backing or remount). I refused the exchange since I prefer mine.

They sent it in to NY a month ago, and today told me they will remount the offending diamonds to try and make it less pointy, which will take around 2-3 months. I will update once I get the bracelet back, just glad they're willing to attempt a fix.

Do you find your bracelet painful? I honestly don't care if it's a little crooked, but the pain was too annoying. I suggest taking photos for reference so you can show them when you talk to them. I felt like a crazy person complaining about such a TINY fault but unfortunately I couldn't get used to the poke, and the photos helped make my case.

Love your bracelet. I've been trying to decide between the same bracelet or diamond earrings. Do you know which size your bracelet is as far as the diamond/carat weight?

Reactions: JPeace and Kateyk8
After I complained, the store manager took it quite seriously. I was offered the chance to exchange for a rose gold version (fatter bezels), or to send to NY for assessment (either add backing or remount). I refused the exchange since I prefer mine.

They sent it in to NY a month ago, and today told me they will remount the offending diamonds to try and make it less pointy, which will take around 2-3 months. I will update once I get the bracelet back, just glad they're willing to attempt a fix.

Do you find your bracelet painful? I honestly don't care if it's a little crooked, but the pain was too annoying. I suggest taking photos for reference so you can show them when you talk to them. I felt like a crazy person complaining about such a TINY fault but unfortunately I couldn't get used to the poke, and the photos helped make my case.
Thank you so much for your answer! Luckily my bracelet is not painful at all, just an uneven bezel on one of the diamonds is driving me crazy. I guess I just have to stop being so anal about it and enjoy my bracelet the way that it is!

Just wanted to update with the ending to my poking problem.

They shipped my bracelet to NY, but could not fix it because it might make the diamonds loose. Instead they shipped back 7 new bracelets for me to choose from.

4 of the 7 had thinner bezels so it was even pointier, those I rejected right away (they looked very beautiful though, the bezels were so floaty). One of the 7 had the same problem as mine, in that the one closest to the clasp was most pointy. Of the remaining 2, one had some high and some low, and one had it all roughly in the middle. None had crooked diamonds (unlike mine).

I considered just keeping mine since other than that single crooked extra-pointy one the other stones were less pointy than all the examples, but I knew it'd continue bugging me. So I picked the "all in the middle" one.

Having worn it for a few hours now, I can feel the pricks sometimes but they feel like ants nibbling instead of ants biting, which is much more tolerable.

In the grand scheme of things this is not an expensive purchase for Tiffany, but I'm pleased they went above and beyond to make me happy. It took me nearly 40 minutes to finish looking through all 7 samples and checking how each felt, but they waited patiently and didn't try to rush my decision. Hope to reward their effort with more business soon! ;)

However this will be the first and last "floaty" DBTY I ever purchase. From now on, I'm gonna check the back of all diamond jewelry and make SURE that culet stays far away from my skin. Jewelry should be fun not painful!!