A place for something good to say?

There are actually LOTS of very supportive posts regarding Jessica Simpson and Kim Kardashian and others. Very often, anyone with anything negative to say in those threads is ripped to pieces by other posters. So there definitely are positive people and threads here.

However, it is the nature of celebrity that people point out the misses instead of the hits. I am not sure it is so much negativity as it is pointing out that celebrities are human, too, and do not have the God-like status the media often grants them.

They absolutely ARE human, and shouldn't be given a God-like status, that's why I think it's not necessary to point out every flaw, it should be expected that they are not perfect and can very well be just like any one of us. Assuming they are perfect and then seeing things wrong and pointing them out IS like holding them up to a God-like status IMHO, (being surprised that they aren't perfect, expecting them to be perfect). We will all have different views on this though which is completely fine though right ? : ) I know a person or two that have been in that type of spotlight and to think they should simply expect it because that is the nature of being a celebrity just doesn't quite cut it for me. These are human beings we are talking about, not mannequins!

And I do agree, there are a lot of supportive posts as well, I'm not saying everything is negative.....

^^ she really does! I think she is a beautiful girl!! I'll still see people comment on lines around her eyes in pictures where she's smiling lol. Is she not allowed to smile, I think that happens to nearly anyone when they smile....

For me the problem is I think that fans turn celebrities in to role models and then when they are just like us they don't like it. People seem to think that celebrity makes them above everyone else and they have to be perfect and that is just not true there are no perfect humans.

For me the problem is I think that fans turn celebrities in to role models and then when they are just like us they don't like it. People seem to think that celebrity makes them above everyone else and they have to be perfect and that is just not true there are no perfect humans.

Yes, I totally agree. I'm not trying to glorify anyone here just because they are a celebrity, but they shouldn't necessarily be picked on because they are one either..... Many of the entertainers that are posted about truly have a talent and are working a job that they love and that should be respected. Of course some celebrities have that status for very little reason, maybe if more people ignore those people they won't be "celebrities" anymore......

My intention is to focus on some of the wonderful entertainers out there that make us laugh, give us music we like, etc. Most of us love music, movies, television, why attack the people that provide us some things we enjoy in life?

You know what I wish? I wish that the GOOD things celebrities do would make new more often. Can you imagine the day when the cover of US Weekly reads: "Celebrities Who Give Back" versus "Celebrities Who Got Fat"? :lol: Unfortunately, it just isn't as appealing to most people (and I will admit to being guilty myself at times).

I couldnt agree with you more. I am so sick of these poor celebs being picked on for not being perfect every minute of the day. I mean its sad really cause every person on the planet has a flaw. So imagine yourself being bombarded with crap every day for your flaw. Its kinda stupid.

Its just like when the Star publishs their cellulite editions of these poor celebs on the beach. I am sure the person publishing is some fat scumbag cow too :rolleyes: I dont even look!!

I feel bad for Brittney and Jessica Simspon the most I think.

Oh Cosmogrl5 that's a great thing to add to this thread at least! Whenever we know of charity work and other various "good" gestures celebs do we should acknowledge it here, that's certainly something good to say right? Something positive to focus on than physical attributes and such : )

^^ she really does! I think she is a beautiful girl!! I'll still see people comment on lines around her eyes in pictures where she's smiling lol. Is she not allowed to smile, I think that happens to nearly anyone when they smile....

Yah that totally annoys me too! Of course there are gonna be lines around her eyes when she smiles, that's why they are called laughing lines! :smile:

Oh Cosmogrl5 that's a great thing to add to this thread at least! Whenever we know of charity work and other various "good" gestures celebs do we should acknowledge it here, that's certainly something good to say right? Something positive to focus on than physical attributes and such : )
You know, that is actually the reason why I idolize Audrey Hepburn-- not for her style or her acting, which were amazing, of course, but for her humanitarian work and kind heart. There are no pics of her more beautiful than those of her as an older women doing charity work.

1o96s0.jpg

imnxv9.jpg

You know, that is actually the reason why I idolize Audrey Hepburn-- not for her style or her acting, which were amazing, of course, but for her humanitarian work and kind heart. There are no pics of her more beautiful than those of her as an older women doing charity work.

1o96s0.jpg

imnxv9.jpg

stunning, she was a beautiful person inside and out!

ok, I hope you all don't think I'm taking it a bit too far here, but I actually liked Paris Hilton on My Life on the D-List the other night. She was such a good sport about everything even though Kathy (who I love and think is hilarious) has RIPPED into her many times before. She seemed fun and sweet, and I thought she looked cute as well.

I'm glad this thread was started, because I had nowhere else to post that. It's not like I could put it in the non-Paris Hilton Fan Club thread, yet I'm not a fan of hers either so I wouldn't start a thread dedicated to how great she is. Just a single positive comment about how she appeared on the show, that's all!

^^a single positive comment is awesome, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt in life and I take media crap reporting with a grain of salt. We may never TRULY know these people but just how they are presented to us in many situations. Though I don't think she's the most amazing person (that's probably my grandmother for me), she certainly isn't existing without any good qualities, looking for her good qualities is a good thing in my book!

ok, I hope you all don't think I'm taking it a bit too far here, but I actually liked Paris Hilton on My Life on the D-List the other night. She was such a good sport about everything even though Kathy (who I love and think is hilarious) has RIPPED into her many times before. She seemed fun and sweet, and I thought she looked cute as well.

I'm glad this thread was started, because I had nowhere else to post that. It's not like I could put it in the non-Paris Hilton Fan Club thread, yet I'm not a fan of hers either so I wouldn't start a thread dedicated to how great she is. Just a single positive comment about how she appeared on the show, that's all!
I see what you mean. Paris is a really good sport, actually. She knows that people don't really take her seriously, and she has a good sense of humor about herself.

Well I couldn't agree with this thread more. I love to come to the celebrity thread only to look at outfits, hair styles, etc. But I don't like to come in here and read in thread after thread about a bunch of woman debating over how much weight a celeb has gained or how much "BETTER" everyone looks after their plastic surgery!!?? It really is NO wonder how eating disorders and low self esteem are running rampant in our culture. I actually read a post in the Ashley Tisdale thread about how some girl wanted her legs so she was going on a 500 calorie a day diet!! I actually lost sleep thinking about this for days after reading it. I went to school for Holistic Nutrition and it truly scares me when i read all of the weight consious "fat" comments in so many of these threads....
So a thread to be nothing but postive sounds like the best idea I have heard of in a long time. A happy place....what a novel idea :P